FINAL DiLLARD 62 NOVA 0

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Panthers First Road game Since Week 1 of The Season , Will be taking on the (3-2) Nova Titans ; The Panthers Have Outscored There 5 opponents (196-7) Posting 4 Shutouts, iF panthers can take there full capability on the road this should be a wrap before the half , DILLARD 56 NOVA 3

what are you guys thoughts @DarterBlue2 @VeniceIndiansFootball @Jullian @nolebull813

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Panthers First Road game Since Week 1 of The Season , Will be taking on the (3-2) Nova Titans ; The Panthers Have Outscored There 5 opponents (196-7) Posting 4 Shutouts, iF panthers can take there full capability on the road this should be a wrap before the half , DILLARD 56 NOVA 3

what are you guys thoughts @DarterBlue2 @VeniceIndiansFootball @Jullian @nolebull813

Not included in your list so you may not like my opinion, but I would guess 60-0 as Nova is ranked #392 of about 500 HS football teams in the state.

9 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Not included in your list so you may not like my opinion, but I would guess 60-0 as Nova is ranked #392 of about 500 HS football teams in the state.

Omg , yea I didn’t look at their ranking we usually never play them I know Larry blustein has hyped them up the last two weeks but I personally haven’t watched any film on them. 

20 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Even against pushovers, allowing 7 points in 4 games is a feat!!   

1 minute ago, Jullian said:

Even against pushovers, allowing 7 points in 4 games is a feat!!   

It’s been 5 games & yes that is impressive because you gotta remember these are kids who eat & sleep just like you, coaches who put it all on the line just like you. So to dominate in such a fashion against so many diff schools is impressive. 

& on top of that we’re not a school to recruit or get a bunch of transfers knocking down our door to be on our squad, the 4 & 5 star players we do have all came from within. 

22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Omg , yea I didn’t look at their ranking we usually never play them I know Larry blustein has hyped them up the last two weeks but I personally haven’t watched any film on them. 

Not being critical as you have to play them as a district foe, just like we have to play Windermere HS this weekend and they are ranked almost as low as Nova.  So I'm guessing our game will be 50-0 similar to your outcome if we are being realistic.  No questioning Dillard has a great team and an excellent defense, but outside of Deerfield and STA you are the overwhelming favorite in the other games.  With the track record you guys have had over the past two years, staff should have scheduled several more competitive games to help prepare for STA as it is the money game.

1 minute ago, Ray Icaza said:

Not being critical as you have to play them as a district foe, just like we have to play Windermere HS this weekend and they are ranked almost as low as Nova.  So I'm guessing our game will be 50-0 similar to your outcome if we are being realistic.  No questioning Dillard has a great team and an excellent defense, but outside of Deerfield and STA you are the overwhelming favorite in the other games.  With the track record you guys have had over the past two years, staff should have scheduled several more competitive games to help prepare for STA as it is the money game.

Outside of AHP CG & what power house in broward county do you see as a worthy opponent?? 

we scheduled chaminade for the KOC who were ranked #50 in the entire nation at the time , we lost but held our down in a defensive battle. 

before the season Deerfield beach Who was considered a 8A power house with a team full of recruits and transfers and we blew them out and they were predicted by 80+% of the posters to beat us. 

we Got STA On the schedule as a district opponent , I just don’t see what else Dillard can do to prepare for a team full of national recruits , this is not a regular team we’re talking about to beat a team like that you have to really have the same type team (recruits) and the same level or above coaching & sometime even that doesn’t help which is why ST FRANCES a team who does exactly what STA does came down here and lost by double digits.

if you ask me the only reason Jesuit won that game is because how quick is was thrown together, if STA had time to fully prepare I would choose STA each time. 

I say that to say this with Dillard being the complete opposite of STA it’s no way to really prepare for such a team as them, u just have to go out there and leave it all on the field. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Outside of AHP CG & what power house in broward county do you see as a worthy opponent?? 

we scheduled chaminade for the KOC who were ranked #50 in the entire nation at the time , we lost but held our down in a defensive battle. 

before the season Deerfield beach Who was considered a 8A power house with a team full of recruits and transfers and we blew them out and they were predicted by 80+% of the posters to beat us. 

we Got STA On the schedule as a district opponent , I just don’t see what else Dillard can do to prepare for a team full of national recruits , this is not a regular team we’re talking about to beat a team like that you have to really have the same type team (recruits) and the same level or above coaching & sometime even that doesn’t help which is why ST FRANCES a team who does exactly what STA does came down here and lost by double digits.

if you ask me the only reason Jesuit won that game is because how quick is was thrown together, if STA had time to fully prepare I would choose STA each time. 

I say that to say this with Dillard being the complete opposite of STA it’s no way to really prepare for such a team as them, u just have to go out there and leave it all on the field. 

Here's what I think Ray is saying:   if you know you're in a district with a "team full of national recruits," and you know you've got that team on your schedule for late in the season, then perhaps you should try to schedule a game against a similar team earlier in the season - even if it costs your team an early-season loss.   Sounds like Dillard did that to a certain extent with their KOC, but it would still have made sense to try to schedule one of the big boys (even an IMG) just to get the experience, pinpoint weaknesses, etc.   If Dillard tried to do that and was unable, well, not much you can do about it because, as you have pointed out, you have no control over who your district opponents will be.  

1 minute ago, Perspective said:

Here's what I think Ray is saying:   if you know you're in a district with a "team full of national recruits," and you know you've got that team on your schedule for late in the season, then perhaps you should try to schedule a game against a similar team earlier in the season - even if it costs your team an early-season loss.   Sounds like Dillard did that to a certain extent with their KOC, but it would still have made sense to try to schedule one of the big boys (even an IMG) just to get the experience, pinpoint weaknesses, etc.   If Dillard tried to do that and was unable, well, not much you can do about it because, as you have pointed out, you have no control over who your district opponents will be.  

We tried to schedule Miami central & the game was in the works until MC took the bishop Gorman instead. 

I get what he’s saying tho, I look at Deerfield they’ve blew everyone out & their two loses are to us & rockledge teo teams who can go all the way if the stars align. 

MC scheduled tough & lost both tough games, but there isn’t no STA awaiting for them in the playoffs either, matter fact out of all the classes I say they have the easiest route, add that with AHP QB1 gone for the season it’s all but certain MC will get to & win the title & in dominating fashion. 

if STA wasn’t in 7A it would b dam near a guarantee that Dillard would ATLEAST make it to the state semis. If not further. 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Hey, we are glad to be in 8A instead of 7A because it is difficult for any team to deal with STA any given year.  We have lost to them twice in state finals.  I am sure Venice feels the same way.  However, like many other teams we have state title aspirations and have traveled several hours to schedule worthy opponents.  So your asking me about who to play in Broward county to be competitive, I don't know;  I do know many teams in Miami, Polk county, Tampa, our area, Jax have teams of your caliber if Dillard chooses to step up to those games.  If you look at the top 25 in MaxPreps you would find worthy opponents; check the list out with each of those teams strength of schedule and you will quickly realize Dillard at a 6 is the only team in single digits where most are from 20-50.  And with your up coming games before STA that number is liable to drop even more.

33 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Hey, we are glad to be in 8A instead of 7A because it is difficult for any team to deal with STA any given year.  We have lost to them twice in state finals.  I am sure Venice feels the same way.  However, like many other teams we have state title aspirations and have traveled several hours to schedule worthy opponents.  So your asking me about who to play in Broward county to be competitive, I don't know;  I do know many teams in Miami, Polk county, Tampa, our area, Jax have teams of your caliber if Dillard chooses to step up to those games.  If you look at the top 25 in MaxPreps you would find worthy opponents; check the list out with each of those teams strength of schedule and you will quickly realize Dillard at a 6 is the only team in single digits where most are from 20-50.  And with your up coming games before STA that number is liable to drop even more.

So you wouldn’t call chaminade & Deerfield worthy opponents ? & I’m not sure if you saw my last post but we tried to schedule Miami central as well they made a deal with bishop Gorman instead. 

also a lot of schools already have most of their schedule set between districts & prior contracts dating to the year before so it’s not as easy to schedule games especially that far up the road. 

I would love to play Lakeland TCA, cocoa & etc but history shows Dillard has never went that far up the road for a regular season game besides to lake Gibson & to east St. Louis & to Stephenville. 

It's irrelevant what I think.  The people that do the rankings, strength of schedule, etc... are telling you that your schedule thus far sucks.  We have blown everybody out except a 1 point loss to Cocoa which was a very much winnable game, that doesn't give me the feeling we are doing great because the games that matter are still ahead of us.  Yes, Deerfield has done the same but lost to Rockledge which are not as highly rated as Cocoa so the jury is still out on them, us, you included.  We don't recruit either, we get a few transfers but not with *** next to their names and this year we lost 4 very good players.  All that is irrelevant also because if you lose to STA the record book is not putting an asterick next to their name saying they had more recruits than you;  FHSAA will only archive the score.

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

This will be another meaningless win for Dillard. The only issue I have with the Panthers, is the extreme ease of the schedule. Aside from DB, STA, and to a lesser extent, Miramar, all the teams you play are cupcakes. This could hurt Dillard in the playoffs.

I will give you credit for scheduling the KOC against Chaminade, a team I will likely take a look at this week. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

This will be another meaningless win for Dillard. The only issue I have with the Panthers, is the extreme ease of the schedule. Aside from DB, STA, and to a lesser extent, Miramar, all the teams you play are cupcakes. This could hurt Dillard in the playoffs.

I will give you credit for scheduling the KOC against Chaminade, a team I will likely take a look at this week. 

Could it be that the level of football in Florida is at a low level for the most part right now ? Look around the state it’s not that many respectable teams that can compete nationally 

& are our opponents that bad or is Dillard that good ? All these 50 point wins is really not the same as beating STA by 1 

but again STA is not a regular high school , so we’re gonna b judged on how seriously we should be taken on if we can beat a NATIONALLY recruited team or not ??? 

if we had to get through regular high schools who didn’t recruit & we still failed to advance that’s one thing , but the last few years NATIONALLY ranked powerhouses is what stood in our way , NOT state powerhouses. 

but then If we did schedule national powerhouses it would be said “see Dillard is not ready” we don’t have a roster to compete with nationally ranked teams whose team is filled with D1 4 & 5 star players & win, but we will line up & play anyone including STA in 2 weeks. 

10 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

It's irrelevant what I think.  The people that do the rankings, strength of schedule, etc... are telling you that your schedule thus far sucks.  We have blown everybody out except a 1 point loss to Cocoa which was a very much winnable game, that doesn't give me the feeling we are doing great because the games that matter are still ahead of us.  Yes, Deerfield has done the same but lost to Rockledge which are not as highly rated as Cocoa so the jury is still out on them, us, you included.  We don't recruit either, we get a few transfers but not with *** next to their names and this year we lost 4 very good players.  All that is irrelevant also because if you lose to STA the record book is not putting an asterick next to their name saying they had more recruits than you;  FHSAA will only archive the score.

Question in the last 5 years how many times have STA Lost to a game to a Florida school I can almost guarantee it’s less then 6 times 

47 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Question in the last 5 years how many times have STA Lost to a game to a Florida school I can almost guarantee it’s less then 6 times 

STA losses over the last 10 years or so to in-state opponents:

2021 - Tampa Jesuit (24-21)

2020 - Cardinal Gibbons (17-10)

2019 - none

2018 - Central (43-27) and Lakeland (33-20)

2017 - Miramar (44-27) and Venice (27-20)  (also lost to Centennial, AZ 12-0)

2016 - Booker T. Washington (27-23)  (also lost to Bishop Gorman)

2015 - Deerfield Beach

2014 - None (but did lose to Don Boscoe, NJ)

2013 - Dillard (24-23), Miramar (22-20), Deerfield Beach (22-7) and Dwyer (35-28)

2012 - Miramar     (also lost to Don Boscoe)

2011 - Miramar (27-20; OT), Cooper City, and Dwyer. 

Sorry, I forgot to write down a few of the scores.  But, regardless of whether you count this year as part of "the last 5 years," or not, it looks like you're right either way (i.e., no more than six losses over a 5-year span). 

2 minutes ago, Perspective said:

STA losses over the last 10 years or so to in-state opponents:

2021 - Tampa Jesuit (24-21)

2020 - Cardinal Gibbons (17-10)

2019 - none

2018 - Central (43-27) and Lakeland (33-20)

2017 - Miramar (44-27) and Venice (27-20)  (also lost to Centennial, AZ 12-0)

2016 - Booker T. Washington (27-23)  (also lost to Bishop Gorman)

2015 - Deerfield Beach

2014 - None (but did lose to Don Boscoe, NJ)

2013 - Dillard (24-23), Miramar (22-20), Deerfield Beach (22-7) and Dwyer (35-28)

2012 - Miramar     (also lost to Don Boscoe)

2011 - Miramar (27-20; OT), Cooper City, and Dwyer. 

Sorry, I forgot to write down a few of the scores.  But, regardless of whether you count this year as part of "the last 5 years," or not, it looks like you're right either way (i.e., no more than six losses over a 5-year span). 

Thanks for the info bro, only point is no matter what team you are STA doesn’t lose often & they lose even less in the playoffs so to beat them you have to have one of those special type nights 

*jesuit -TBD 

*medarian - haven’t been the same since 

*cooper city - haven’t been the same since 

Miramar - didn’t win the title neither year they beat STA 

To beat STA you have to be loaded as hell & play legit mistake free football , & we’re up for that challenge & I get it our schedule hadn’t been the most impressive but if Dillard wasn’t as good as their rankings they would struggle with these very same teams & they wouldn’t have beat DFB & would have lost by 40 to chaminade. 

they say to prepare for a team like STA you have to schedule a team like STA & we did in chaminade who recruits & is nationally ranked & we trailed 9-0 with three min left in the game which says a lot to the type of team we have. 

18 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

FINAL DILLARD 62 NOVA 0

Your panthers are (6-0) have posted their 5th shutout of the season & have won their 29th consecutive regular season game #WeDem27thAveBoyz

Well, I told you on scorestream that Dillard would win 64-0. But I was 2 points off, dammit! :D Congratulations on a dominating win, @THIS_IS_DILLARD!! 

On 9/29/2021 at 4:23 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thanks for the info bro, only point is no matter what team you are STA doesn’t lose often & they lose even less in the playoffs so to beat them you have to have one of those special type nights 

*jesuit -TBD 

*medarian - haven’t been the same since 

*cooper city - haven’t been the same since 

Miramar - didn’t win the title neither year they beat STA 

To beat STA you have to be loaded as hell & play legit mistake free football , & we’re up for that challenge & I get it our schedule hadn’t been the most impressive but if Dillard wasn’t as good as their rankings they would struggle with these very same teams & they wouldn’t have beat DFB & would have lost by 40 to chaminade. 

they say to prepare for a team like STA you have to schedule a team like STA & we did in chaminade who recruits & is nationally ranked & we trailed 9-0 with three min left in the game which says a lot to the type of team we have. 

I don’t want to talk too much about the game before it’s here, but I think Dillard will do just enough to sneak out of Brian Piccolo stadium with a one point win over STA. They have the means to do it, and they are clearly coached very well. That defense for Dillard is tremendous (although the same can be said for Aquinas,) so I think we can fairly say it will be a low scoring affair. Dillard is going to have to play a very solid, mistake-free game to come away with the W there. I’ll say the Panthers squeak out a 1 point victory over the Raiders when it arrives, 21-20 Dillard.

22 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I don’t want to talk too much about the game before it’s here, but I think Dillard will do just enough to sneak out of Brian Piccolo stadium with a one point win over STA. They have the means to do it, and they are clearly coached very well. That defense for Dillard is tremendous (although the same can be said for Aquinas,) so I think we can fairly say it will be a low scoring affair. Dillard is going to have to play a very solid, mistake-free game to come away with the W there. I’ll say the Panthers squeak out a 1 point victory over the Raiders when it arrives, 21-20 Dillard.

Blountstown and port st joe getting killed by madison then baker will get beat.  Madison will beat pahokee for state.  Madison is no longer that great,  but everyone needs to wake up they a small school. Poor community,  I still pick them over sorry teams that need to recruit talent.  And get transfers,  they may not ever beat certain teams but I believe madison is the best at winning with what they have, period. 

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Blountstown and port st joe getting killed by madison then baker will get beat.  Madison will beat pahokee for state.  Madison is no longer that great,  but everyone needs to wake up they a small school. Poor community,  I still pick them over sorry teams that need to recruit talent.  And get transfers,  they may not ever beat certain teams but I believe madison is the best at winning with what they have, period. 

I don’t remember Port st. Joes ever being a significant threat to Madison county. But yeah lots of schools get transfers and I think being in a more rural area hurts potential kids who may want to attend that school