What is the Record For Most Shut outs In A Season in the state of Florida ??

THIS_IS_DILLARD

At this point or soon Dillard has to be approaching a record ; they have Posted 5 Shutouts this season , all by 40 points or more except the DFB game which was (21-0) add the Hallandale game ely, & the plantation game Dillard could very well have 8 shutouts this season out of 10 games , that would be iNSANE!

they have posted 3 consecutive shut outs (50-0) (66-0) & (62-0) & in six games they have out scored their opponents (258-7)

granted it’s NOT against Murders Row Competition, but the feat they’ve accomplished so far is amazing within its own Right. @VeniceIndiansFootball @nolebull813 @Jullian @SubZero @Ray Icaza

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to What is the Record For Most Shut outs In A Season in the state of Florida ??

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

At this point or soon Dillard has to be approaching a record ; they have Posted 5 Shutouts this season , all by 40 points or more except the DFB game which was (21-0) add the Hallandale game ely, & the plantation game Dillard could very well have 8 shutouts this season out of 10 games , that would be iNSANE!

they have posted 3 consecutive shut outs (50-0) (66-0) & (62-0) & in six games they have out scored their opponents (258-7)

granted it’s NOT against Murders Row Competition, but the feat they’ve accomplished so far is amazing within its own Right. @VeniceIndiansFootball @nolebull813 @Jullian @SubZero @Ray Icaza

Congrats, again as I said previously Dillard is an awesome team but you yourself pointed it out; not against Murders Row.  Everyone of the teams you shut out, other teams have shutout them out also including DFB.  Some have been shut out multiple times and one has been shut out 5 out of 6 games which indicates "NO OFFENSE".  In addition, some coaches really like a record like shutouts and pull out all stops to achieve them.  Other coaches decide to reward second and third stringers for an entire half to get experience which is a trade off for future development and sometimes they give up a score or two.  It may be a record but the one that will be remembered is success in the playoffs.  Since you were kind enough to ask for my opinion, I offer it up with honesty and good intent.   Good luck going forward.

53 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Congrats, again as I said previously Dillard is an awesome team but you yourself pointed it out; not against Murders Row.  Everyone of the teams you shut out, other teams have shutout them out also including DFB.  Some have been shut out multiple times and one has been shut out 5 out of 6 games which indicates "NO OFFENSE".  In addition, some coaches really like a record like shutouts and pull out all stops to achieve them.  Other coaches decide to reward second and third stringers for an entire half to get experience which is a trade off for future development and sometimes they give up a score or two.  It may be a record but the one that will be remembered is success in the playoffs.  Since you were kind enough to ask for my opinion, I offer it up with honesty and good intent.   Good luck going forward.

Appreciate the honesty Brodie & in regards to the second & third stringers …they tend to be out in before halftime. 

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Appreciate the honesty Brodie & in regards to the second & third stringers …they tend to be out in before halftime. 

It doesn't hurt when the offense is limited, but against teams with big play capability is when you lose a shutout.  My estimation of our defense is not based on the number of shutouts (we have several), but how we limit scoring against an offensive juggernaut.  Take Cocoa as an example; they hung 42 and 56 against top ranked teams like Vero Beach and Treasure Coast.  Against us and Venice we limited them to 20-21, not a shutout but a better measure of your defensive capability.

Just now, Ray Icaza said:

It doesn't hurt when the offense is limited, but against teams with big play capability is when you lose a shutout.  My estimation of our defense is not based on the number of shutouts (we have several), but how we limit scoring against an offensive juggernaut.  Take Cocoa as an example; they hung 42 and 56 against top ranked teams like Vero Beach and Treasure Coast.  Against us and Venice we limited them to 20-21, not a shutout but a better measure of your defensive capability.

I agree 

28 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree 

You are correct in praising your defense as I also think they are outstanding, but we will all know more once they play Aquinas.  Believe me I will be rooting for you as we have lost to that stacked deck a couple of times and also side with you on the recruiting element.   I know some members of this board downplay the advantage they get from transfers compared to publics, but I am not in that camp.  Hope you guys kick their ass.

So far this is what I found. 

in 1961 Florida High went 10-0 and had 9 straight shutouts. They won 28-12 in the last game vs PSJ. So 9 straight has got to be up there. 

And in 1965, Holmes County won the state title, went 12-0 with 10 shutouts. They gave up 6 points twice so that’s 12 points given up in 12 games!! 

Those would be the 2 shutout records so far 

29 minutes ago, Vaelin said:

Naples High is having a similar season, outscoring opponents 238-7 through 5 games with 4 consecutive shutouts..  I think Dillard shutting out Deerfield is very much more impressive than anything Naples has done, though.

For a half, Rockledge shut them out the whole game.

2 minutes ago, Mr. 727 said:

The 2014 Armwood team posted 7 shutouts in the regular season and 2 in the playoffs. 9 in one year. But shout out to shut outs in general. Tough to do!

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/armwood-hawks-(seffner,fl)/football-fall-14/schedule.htm

I agree , even against lesser competition. And to do it 5+ times in one season shesshhh