Aquinas @ Branden River 7A South Final

STARaiders2014

Aquinas and Branden River match up with the winner heading to Orlando. This I do not believe will be a blowout. Aquinas needs to come in focused and ready for a battle.

Branden River while this is only their second time in the playoffs gets this game at home and that is huge for them as Aquinas is a tough place to go to and get a win. 

Your thoughts?

Aquinas and Branden River match up with the winner heading to Orlando. This I do not believe will be a blowout. Aquinas needs to come in focused and ready for a battle.

Branden River while this is only their second time in the playoffs gets this game at home and that is huge for them as Aquinas is a tough place to go to and get a win. 

Your thoughts?

5th time making the playoffs.  They made the playoffs their 2nd varsity season in 2008, again in 2009, and in 2010 with a losing record.  No playoffs in 2011-2013, then back in last year.  Never been past the 2nd round before now.  I read an article in the Herald Tribune that a some of the seniors on this team played as freshmen on the 2012 team that went 2-8.  The school is located in a high growth area and gets most of the east Manatee county kids too. Potentially, they could replace Manatee as the new power in that county.  

I actually think Braden River can pull a win out in this game. I think St.Thomas has more studs on the team but Braden River has a solid defense and great offense. I think the difference in the game will be the WR play for Braden River. If they can make plays it will open up their running game more. 

Braden River which is in Manatee County. For that reason alone, BR has a puncher's chance. However, I would be mildly surprised if they pulled the upset. 

I have utmost respect for STA but don't be underestimating Braden River.  I would say BR is every bit as good as Deerfield Beach. 

i think talent wise they closely even, at least if you take in account the injuries for STA, but STA ends up winning because they have the big game experience and they know how to win in this situation

Established with big game experience  vs   Up and coming with something to prove!    Which one wants it more?   

Braden River had a RB by the name of Raymond Thomas who was injured about 2 games ago and is out for the season. He was a Manatee High School football transfer and fast as lightning.They also have another RB that is just as good. They are huge across the offensive and defensive line and have a top notch QB. Braden River will prove a lot of doubters wrong on Friday night.

I have utmost respect for STA but don't be underestimating Braden River.  I would say BR is every bit as good as Deerfield Beach. 

Braden River may well be better than Deerfield Beach. But DB always gets up for St. Thomas, look at the past records. So I would discount that loss.

More telling on St. Thomas's schedule are the close wins against Hallandale and Flanagan. The Dwyer win may also say something about Aquinas. My take is that they are a very good high school football team this year, but not the unbeatable juggernaut of some seasons past. With that said, BR does have a chance. However, I am concerned that this big stage may be too much for them at this stage against a very good, wily, battle tested, perennial playoff team with multiple state titles. 

Deerfield Beach has always been a tough game for the Raiders sometimes I just scratch my head and wonder how lol

Branden River is going to be tough that is for sure, they really have nothing to lose in this game if you think about it. They are young and up and coming, and at home. If STA comes out on their game and plays like we all know they can then they'll win this game.

However, as I said earlier if they think that they can just sleep walk into Orlando, they'll be watching the state finals from the stands and bouncing basketballs. 

I would give the advantage to STA in terms of skill positions but I would give Braden River the advantage when it comes to the line. I honestly cannot not see Braden River getting blew out if they were to lose. If I had to predict the score of the game I would say...........Braden River 24 STA 21.

I think the game will go as follows...STA will come out and score within the first 2 drives. Everyone will say STA is going to blow them out. Braden River may answer with a field goal. STA will score again to make it 14-3 first quarter. Braden River settles down and scores before half to make it 14-10 STA. Braden River grinds it out on the ground and short passes down the field to make it 17-14 Braden River. STA answers with a score but gets it called back due to a penalty and everyone says the Refs are cheating. STA scores in the 4 quarter and Braden River answers with a score. Final score 24-21 Braden River is going to the 7A state championship.

I think the game will go as follows...STA will come out and score within the first 2 drives. Everyone will say STA is going to blow them out. Braden River may answer with a field goal. STA will score again to make it 14-3 first quarter. Braden River settles down and scores before half to make it 14-10 STA. Braden River grinds it out on the ground and short passes down the field to make it 17-14 Braden River. STA answers with a score but gets it called back due to a penalty and everyone says the Refs are cheating. STA scores in the 4 quarter and Braden River answers with a score. Final score 24-21 Braden River is going to the 7A state championship.

i will be interested to see if any of that happens, but should be a good game that can go either way, BR can win but STA is defending champs and has been in this situation many times before so i think that experience gives them the close victory in the end, but could go either way

I would give the advantage to STA in terms of skill positions but I would give Braden River the advantage when it comes to the line. I honestly cannot not see Braden River getting blew out if they were to lose. If I had to predict the score of the game I would say...........Braden River 24 STA 21.

Games are won and lost along the line. STA will need great line play if they want to do what they want offensively. I think they can get it too, however this will be a close one.

Aquinas 28

Branden River 21