Dillard High Created HiSTORY Tonight!

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Not sure about the state,nationally or overall , but in panther history it’s a first , this is the first Dillard team EVER! to post 6 shutouts in 7 games 

but they are the FIRST panther team to score 60+ points in 3 consecutive games. 

they’re the FIRST panther team to hold 4 or more opponents to NEGATIVE yards & they are ALSO the first Panther team to post 4 CONSECUTIVE shutouts.

obviously it’s still a LONG season, we got a HUGE game next week , that may are calling GAME OF THE YEAR & that it should be televised ; but for RIGHT NOW in this MOMENT I just want to congratulate my panthers on something that’s NOT easy to do regardless of who you’re playing and to do it consecutive like they’re doing is AMAZING! NEXT UP STA RAIDERS!! @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 @muckboy561 @561_Fan @LakelandGator @nolebull813

45 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not sure about the state,nationally or overall , but in panther history it’s a first , this is the first Dillard team EVER! to post 6 shutouts in 7 games 

they’re the FIRST panther team to hold 4 or more opponents to NEGATIVE yards & they are ALSO the first Panther team to post 4 CONSECUTIVE shutouts.

obviously it’s still a LONG season, we got a HUGE game next week , that may are calling GAME OF THE YEAR & that it should be televised ; but for RIGHT NOW in this MOMENT I just want to congratulate my panthers on something that’s NOT easy to do regardless of who you’re playing and to do it consecutive like they’re doing is AMAZING! NEXT UP STA RAIDERS!! @VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 @muckboy561 @561_Fan @LakelandGator @nolebull813

The preliminaries are over!!!! Amazing defense! I hope the tickets aren’t being sold at the game or at the schools. Do you know?

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Great job on an amazing streak and incredible win, @THIS_IS_DILLARD!! Bring on the Raiders!! I’ll be rooting for you guys to pull the win!! Go get ‘em! 

9 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Next week will say a lot about this Dillard team. No, they don't need to win to convince me, but they need to be very competitive. If they are, they have a shot at going deep. 

3 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Next week will say a lot about this Dillard team. No, they don't need to win to convince me, but they need to be very competitive. If they are, they have a shot at going deep. 

I agree, I do believe we have to hit STA with things they haven’t seen to catch them off guard because I can almost guarantee they’ve had scouts at some of our games.

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

I agree. Just a key play or two may do the trick. 

One of the key things is gonna be scoring first , we can’t let STA get a lead our defense plays it’s best when we have the lead ; that’s when they feed off the crowd the band & etc. 

but man oh man this game is the talk of the city right now 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

One of the key things is gonna be scoring first , we can’t let STA get a lead our defense plays it’s best when we have the lead ; that’s when they feed off the crowd the band & etc. 

Dillard has to score first to have a shot. Cannot play sloppy and turn the ball over. But you guys do have a chance to win and it lies in the film. Aquinas plays a lot of base cover 3 and they love to blitz so it would behoove Dillard to get the ball out of their qb’s hands quickly with slants routes, zip routes, swing routes, things of that nature. When STA is playing coverage and sending four, Dillard will Have a better chance to attack STA’s seams with short go routes and curls to gain 6-7 yards at a time and keep the chains moving. 

When Dillard is on defense they will need to contain the running game and get pressure on turner without rushing up field senselessly. They really love to run the ball so you guys will need to keep 5-6 men in the box to prevent Hankerson from getting free and contain Turner because he is extremely mobile. I would recommend Dillard play a variation of Cover Four with 4 men at the Line of Scrimmage and 2 linebackers at 5 yard depth behind them with one as a spy, in order to hold their running game to a minimum while simultaneously giving Dillard a chance to generate sacks with decent coverage skill positions. I know I shouldn’t be talking about this on a public board, but we just have to hope that no unsightly eyes are reading. Best of luck to your team, @THIS_IS_DILLARD, and give it your all! Go Panthers!!

3 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Dillard has to score first to have a shot. Cannot play sloppy and turn the ball over. But you guys do have a chance to win and it lies in the film. Aquinas plays a lot of base cover 3 and they love to blitz so it would behoove Dillard to get the ball out of their qb’s hands quickly with slants routes, zip routes, swing routes, things of that nature. When STA is playing coverage and sending four, Dillard will Have a better chance to attack STA’s seams with short go routes and curls to gain 6-7 yards at a time and keep the chains moving. 

When Dillard is on defense they will need to contain the running game and get pressure on turner without rushing up field senselessly. They really love to run the ball so you guys will need to keep 5-6 men in the box to prevent Hankerson from getting free and contain Turner because he is extremely mobile. I would recommend Dillard play a variation of Cover Four with 4 men at the Line of Scrimmage and 2 linebackers at 5 yard depth behind them with one as a spy, in order to hold their running game to a minimum while simultaneously giving Dillard a chance to generate sacks with decent coverage skill positions. I know I shouldn’t be talking about this on a public board, but we just have to hope that no unsightly eyes are reading. Best of luck to your team, @THIS_IS_DILLARD, and give it your all! Go Panthers!!

Thanks bro & great minds think alike I was thinking some of the same things , this game feels like a State championship type of game. 

On 10/16/2021 at 11:06 AM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Agreed! With all those shut outs, that would not be good!!!!

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I agree!! & penalties, we CANNOT go in there giving STA 10,15 hell even 5 additional yards ; We Got to go in there With The intensity and focus we had vs Deerfield 

Minimize penalties, minimize mistakes, and play hard all four quarters. If Dillard can execute that, they have a decent chance. I believe that the Panthers have enough talent to get the job done, but it is going to take execution in all three phases of the game for all four quarters. 

A little luck wouldn't hurt either.

36 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Minimize penalties, minimize mistakes, and play hard all four quarters. If Dillard can execute that, they have a decent chance. I believe that the Panthers have enough talent to get the job done, but it is going to take execution in all three phases of the game for all four quarters. 

A little luck wouldn't hurt either.

I’m with you when you right , also I noticed that STA qb rarely stays in the pocket & he’s very effective throwing on the run , we have to be ready for that. because I have no doubt with the dawgs we have we can generate pressure up the middle , but when he runs out can we contain the back end vs a solid Qb has yet to be seen. 

gibbons has a great coaching staff & Zion torched them on the run all night , which open up the running game. 

39 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m with you when you right , also I noticed that STA qb rarely stays in the pocket & he’s very effective throwing on the run , we have to be ready for that. because I have no doubt with the dawgs we have we can generate pressure up the middle , but when he runs out can we contain the back end vs a solid Qb has yet to be seen. 

gibbons has a great coaching staff & Zion torched them on the run all night , which open up the running game. 

If you have a couple of tall, athletic kids in the secondary with good leaping ability and wingspan, that can render Zion less effective, especially if he is forced out of the pocket a lot. Edgewater deployed that strategy with decent success in 2019 and 2020 in the two title games. Tommi Hill gave the STA receivers a lot to think about in both those games.