Spruce Creek

DarterBlue2

Is a team in 8A north that no one is talking about. While their schedule is not the toughest out there, I believe they are undefeated and a couple of their wins have been eye opening. 

An important date looms on the horizon for them as they take on Cocoa at Cocoa this week. Should they keep this game close, or if they could pull off the upset, I believe that more attention will be paid to them going into the playoffs.

Historically, they have had some decent, but not great teams. Could this be the year they make some noise?

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Is a team in 8A north that no one is talking about. While their schedule is not the toughest out there, I believe they are undefeated and a couple of their wins have been eye opening. 

An important date looms on the horizon for them as they take on Cocoa at Cocoa this week. Should they keep this game close, or if they could pull off the upset, I believe that more attention will be paid to them going into the playoffs.

Historically, they have had some decent, but not great teams. Could this be the year they make some noise?

Been following them. Yes unbeaten. Univ OC, was undefeated as well(weak sched), & Hawks put the beating on em. Interesting game vs Cocoa. 

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I didn't know they were 8A. I was thinking they were 7A. That'll make 6 8A teams Cocoa has played. 

Spruce Creek is undefeated and played Rockledge in either the spring. Rockledge won but Spruce Creek ran all over Rockledge with their starting running back. I forgot his name but he put up big time numbers. If they have a good passing attack they will be able to make some plays against Cocoa. They make break a few runs but those gaps will close quickly against Cocoa's speed and hard hitting defense. 

9 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I didn't know they were 8A. I was thinking they were 7A. That'll make 6 8A teams Cocoa has played. 

Spruce Creek is undefeated and played Rockledge in either the spring. Rockledge won but Spruce Creek ran all over Rockledge with their starting running back. I forgot his name but he put up big time numbers. If they have a good passing attack they will be able to make some plays against Cocoa. They make break a few runs but those gaps will close quickly against Cocoa's speed and hard hitting defense. 

The Cocoa Tigers have played, perhaps, the toughest schedule in the state, at least for a smaller school. No one will ever accuse them of not being battle tested come the playoffs!

My greatest hope is that they are not too banged up or if so, they have enough depth to compensate.

12 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Been following them. Yes unbeaten. Univ OC, was undefeated as well(weak sched), & Hawks put the beating on em. Interesting game vs Cocoa. 

It is an interesting game. Lots of very good to great games statewide this upcoming week. If I were not going to either the Lake Mary/Seminole or Osceola/West Orange game, I would have seriously considered making the drive to Cocoa.

22 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The Cocoa Tigers have played, perhaps, the toughest schedule in the state, at least for a smaller school. No one will ever accuse them of not being battle tested come the playoffs!

My greatest hope is that they are not too banged up or if so, they have enough depth to compensate.

3 more games to make it through. Biggest game remaining is against Rockledge. Basically a bye week round one of the playoffs. Gotta make it to the semis and make it past Bolles. Then whoever makes it from the south in the Finals. Who I'm assuming will be Gulliver Prep or Cardinal Gibbons.

Would be great for it to be a rematch of the semis from last season.

24 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is an interesting game. Lots of very good to great games statewide this upcoming week. If I were not going to either the Lake Mary/Seminole or Osceola/West Orange game, I would have seriously considered making the drive to Cocoa.

You could always catch Cocoa at Lake Mineola next week

51 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

3 more games to make it through. Biggest game remaining is against Rockledge. Basically a bye week round one of the playoffs. Gotta make it to the semis and make it past Bolles. Then whoever makes it from the south in the Finals. Who I'm assuming will be Gulliver Prep or Cardinal Gibbons.

I wouldn’t count out Lakewood from the south, esp if they get Region 4 visiting them. 

On 10/17/2021 at 4:12 PM, KeemD321 said:

Well with RPI being different this year it's possible cocoa could get a team from the south in final 4

On 10/17/2021 at 4:51 PM, LAZ said:

Spruce Creek is 7A and I completely agree with Darter. They have been smoking teams this year and we need to pay closer attention.

Free movement has helped alleviate their "achilles heel" ...... athletes.

Head coach Andy Price lead Warner Christian to the finals three times. He's a good one.

On 10/19/2021 at 12:57 PM, Dan in Daytona said:

Free movement has helped alleviate their "achilles heel" ...... athletes.

Head coach Andy Price lead Warner Christian to the finals three times. He's a good one.

Price does more with what he has then most. He's still not loaded (my bad)........Thanks "Space Coast Daily" for the free live look, when it was working.... :)     Go Tigers, win another title.    

Spruce Creek has come a long way. If they cut down on penalties and caught a little better they may have beat Cocoa in the first half. Man that Kick returner is really good. Cocoa had to kick away from him. If I remember correctly he ran back everyone that came to him 60 or 70 yards. He has Great field vision and decent speed. I did leave at half, had to go back to work. Cocoa is very balanced with the passing and run game. Like what I see every time I watch Cocoa play.

Cocoa has Lake Minneola and Rockledge left. Rockledge just lost to Merritt Island.