FINAL DILLARD 13 STA 23

THIS_IS_DILLARD

6 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

You’re gonna win some games that you probably should lose and lose some games you probably should win. Keep GRINDING 

We had STA bro we had em lol, everybody said oh Dillard schedule was weak it’s our first real test and wat h we get ran out the stadium Etc etc @VeniceIndiansFootball@DarterBlue2 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class & we were one 4th and goal from taking the lead on tying it. 

STA was held to 14 points of offense, their LOWEST this year..!! We fell on a live ball that went over our QB head and gave up a safety. & with 2 min left in the game our Fg was blocked & returned for a TD , in retrospect this was a 14-13 game. I can’t wait for round 2. The crowd on Dillard side was insane. 

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

We had STA bro we had em lol, everybody said oh Dillard schedule was weak it’s our first real test and wat h we get ran out the stadium Etc etc @VeniceIndiansFootball@DarterBlue2 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class & we were one 4th and goal from taking the lead on tying it. 

STA was held to 14 points of offense, their LOWEST this year..!! We fell on a live ball that went over our QB head and gave up a safety. & with 2 min left in the game our Fg was blocked & returned for a TD , in retrospect this was a 14-13 game. I can’t wait for round 2. The crowd on Dillard side was insane. 

Dillard played about what I expected

I said before the game they would need to capitalize on STA mistakes and turn it into points if they want to win 

They ended falling by 10 which is what I expected

Dillard is a top 25 team and will stay in my top 25 with the loss 

And I Never said they would get run off the field but come on, that schedule IS WEAK 

Dillard faced two teams top 100 quality in the state before last night and their offense was limited in both games. Dillard offense looks good against the Boyd Anderson and stranahans of the world but these teams aren't any good and haven't been for a while 

In a rematch Dillard needs to do a better job capitalizing on mistakes and limiting their own (like the blocked field goal)

This was a top 5 team in Florida playing a top 25 team who can compete with good teams but need a lot of things to go their way to win 

I meant to ask before the game how many points STA would have if their offense scored zero. Many times, they'd have 14-21 points if they took a knee every offensive play. Last night I guess they got nine points from defense and special teams. They won by 10, courtesy of a failed EP attempt by Dillard. Of course them being very good in those areas has a lot to do with all the points those units score. But, if a quality team can avoid allowing the STA defense and/or special teams to score touchdowns, they can beat them. That goes for A LOT of teams. Easier said than done, of course.

23 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Better work EVERY DAY with the center for Dillard. Young man cost Panthers points. Offense & Defense are just as good as STA. DOGGONE IT “SPECIAL TEAMS” ie: Punt team. 

1 minute ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I couldn’t agree STA didn’t beat Dillard , DILLARD beat Dillard. 

When Panthers were up 7-0, we got that interception. Moved the ball 20+ yards. All momentum was with Dillard. The center hiked the ball, next play, over QB head. Lost 20+ yards. Penelty next play. STA sack. Went from 30 yd line of Aquinas back to Panther 30 yd line. Those are self inflicted mistakes u can never do vs Aquinas. They make u pay for mistakes. They make a living on it. Wont even go into the punt team.  

1 minute ago, Jullian said:

When Panthers were up 7-0, we got that interception. Moved the ball 20+ yards. All momentum was with Dillard. The center hiked the ball, next play, over QB head. Lost 20+ yards. Penelty next play. STA sack. Went from 30 yd line of Aquinas back to Panther 30 yd line. Those are self inflicted mistakes u can never do vs Aquinas. They make u pay for mistakes. They make a living on it. Wont even go into the punt team.  

The punting was a diff maker to STA kicker my goodness constantly had us starting from our own 5, or 2 , in one case our own 1. 

but I agree when we got that interception & then got to their 20 YOU HAVE TO cone away with points there at worst it should’ve been 10-0 most likely 14-0 but instead the ball got hiked above the Qb head & we came away with nothing. 

49 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

The punting was a diff maker to STA kicker my goodness constantly had us starting from our own 5, or 2 , in one case our own 1. 

but I agree when we got that interception & then got to their 20 YOU HAVE TO cone away with points there at worst it should’ve been 10-0 most likely 14-0 but instead the ball got hiked above the Qb head & we came away with nothing. 

Yep.