44 8A Bartram Trail

45 6A St Augustine

46 8A Miami Columbus

47 7A Spruce Creek

48 7A Lake Gibson

49 6A Tallahassee Rickards

50 6A Jacksonville Riverside

Bring on the debate as I wait to see if anyone does their own poll LMAO

For anyone curious how that poll changed from last week he was post week 7 poll 

Post Week 7

8A Venice

6A Tampa Jesuit

7A St Thomas Aquinas

5A Miami Central

3A Chaminade Madonna

8A Sanford Seminole

4A Bolles

4A Cocoa

4A Cardinal Gibbons

8A Osceola

5A Miami Killian

7A Edgewater

4A Gulliver Prep

7A Niceville

2A Jacksonville Trinity Christian

7A Lakeland

6A Orlando Jones

6A Miami Northwestern

8A Treasure Coast

7A Dillard

5A American Heritage Plantation

3A Berkeley Prep

5A Rockledge

7A Buchholz

8A Vero Beach

8A Apopka

8A Western

6A Columbia

7A Tampa Bay Tech

4A Lakewood

8A Lake Mary

3A Miami Edison

6A Tallahassee Rickards

8A West Orange

8A Deerfield Beach

8A Miami Palmetto

2A Champagnat Catholic

6A Naples

7A Homestead

8A Bartram Trail

6A Vanguard

7A Armwood

6A St Augustine

8A Sarasota Riverview

8A Boone

8A Miami Columbus

7A Spruce Creek

7A Lake Gibson

6A Panama City Mosley

6A Jacksonville Riverside

31 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do our own poll???  Why in the world would we do that?  It's much easier to just take shots at yours.  :D

All jokes aside, I suspect there is at least one board member among us who may have an issue with his school being ranked 19th.  B)

Just now, Perspective said:

Do our own poll???  Why in the world would we do that?  It's much easier to just take shots at yours.  :D

All jokes aside, I suspect there is at least one board member among us who may have an issue with his school being ranked 19th.  B)

Well the best way to debate is to compare notes and decide why certain teams are ranked different and by doing so I can reevaluate how I rank in future years by adjusting to things that hold the poll back 

Well Dillard with a win can jump high in the poll, though what's hurting them from not being higher is their schedule which overall is very weak for a top 25 team 

They struggled to put away a decent but not great Miramar team and their defining win is over a down DFB team 

The other games on the schedule were against bottom feeders and I want to see how they do against an actual top ranked team before I feel confident having them in the top 10 

5 minutes ago, Perspective said:

What's your overall opinion of the poll

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

In all honesty, like you have pointed out opposing schedules make it hard to evaluate exactly where a team should be.  Cudos for you doing this analysis as I am sure you put in alot of work to compile this list and brave to show what you believe as many teams on this list will be playing challenging games this weekend.  Results will either support your views or have you tweek the list going forward.  You were kind to our team and though I follow them closely,  will have more confidence based on the outcome with West Orange.  Bottom line is they are always someone's opinion regardless of how they arrived at it and I don't believe some polls I have seen from so-called experts are better or worse.  So thanks for sharing.

9 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I think your top 25 is good. Don’t know if I’d have Killian that high, yet. Edgewater is inconsistent but have a lot of talent. 26-50 is harder to figure out, but no glaring “They don’t belong there” remarks. 

Case in point is here in our local market the pollsters have Lake Mary at #1 and they have played a pretty good schedule but not as challenging as Seminole #3.  Also have Edgewater at #2 and their schedule has been very competitive.  This game LM vs SS is on the pick'em list and will reveal if someone is really a contender or a pretender.  Columbia has LM all the way down to #29 so we will soon see who is right.

38 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I think your top 25 is good. Don’t know if I’d have Killian that high, yet. Edgewater is inconsistent but have a lot of talent. 26-50 is harder to figure out, but no glaring “They don’t belong there” remarks. 

Miami Killian has an undefeated record with a SOS ranking on opponents coming into last week higher than Miami Central 

While they aren't as talented as Miami Central they have definitely earned a high ranking and may be the second best team in the class at this stage 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Miami Killian has an undefeated record with a SOS ranking on opponents coming into last week higher than Miami Central 

While they aren't as talented as Miami Central they have definitely earned a high ranking and may be the second best team in the class at this stage 

I don’t know who ranks their SOS, the only team they’ve beat that pretty good is Palmetto. They beat a down BTW, a pathetic Carol City, Brendan(?), Key West (?), 1 win Jackson, 2 win Norland. Hmmmmm........

34 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Case in point is here in our local market the pollsters have Lake Mary at #1 and they have played a pretty good schedule but not as challenging as Seminole #3.  Also have Edgewater at #2 and their schedule has been very competitive.  This game LM vs SS is on the pick'em list and will reveal if someone is really a contender or a pretender.  Columbia has LM all the way down to #29 so we will soon see who is right.

You’re right there. Play the games!!!

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I don’t know who ranks their SOS, the only team they’ve beat that pretty good is Palmetto. They beat a down BTW, a pathetic Carol City, Brendan(?), Key West (?), 1 win Jackson, 2 win Norland. Hmmmmm........

I was going by the RPI opponent SOS score which was slightly higher last week 

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

You’re right there. Play the games!!!

And that game will have an impact on the rankings 

The more ranked games played the better I can rank teams because it helps separate the teams who are doing well because of a soft schedule from the ones who are actually good 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think Jesuit, Cardinal Gibbons and Killian are a bit too high. I think that Lake Mary and West Orange, win or lose this week, will at a minimum justify their rankings and likely justify a higher ranking. I also think that Treasure Coast is probably a bit low. 

Aside from that, your rankings (I don't use poll as that has another meaning) are pretty solid. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I think Jesuit, Cardinal Gibbons and Killian are a bit too high. I think that Lake Mary and West Orange, win or lose this week, will at a minimum justify their rankings and likely justify a higher ranking. I also think that Treasure Coast is probably a bit low. 

Aside from that, your rankings (I don't use poll as that has another meaning) are pretty solid. 

Well Jesuit being undefeated and beat STA head to head I can't drop them 

Cardinal Gibbons plays Venice this week so that will help with adjusting them regardless of result 

I still think Killian is a bit underrated in most polls 

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well Jesuit being undefeated and beat STA head to head I can't drop them 

Cardinal Gibbons plays Venice this week so that will help with adjusting them regardless of result 

I still think Killian is a bit underrated in most polls 

I think Venice should handle CG. Cruise to a two score win 

Chaminade beat Seminole, Gulliver, Dillard (kickoff classic), Western and Columbus who are all ranked in your top 50. Their only lost was to a fully healthy American Hertiage team by a last second FG. They also beat Georgia's #1 ranked Team Buford. But yet Chaminade is ranked #5 on the list. Who's played a tougher schedule?

8 hours ago, Supernatural said:

Chaminade beat Seminole, Gulliver, Dillard (kickoff classic), Western and Columbus who are all ranked in your top 50. Their only lost was to a fully healthy American Hertiage team by a last second FG. They also beat Georgia's #1 ranked Team Buford. But yet Chaminade is ranked #5 on the list. Who's played a tougher schedule?

Teams above them

Venice undefeated with a very strong schedule and may add a win over 4a power Cardinal Gibbons

Jesuit beat STA and is undefeated

STA one loss came to Jesuit and has a win over Baltimore powerhouse SFA

Miami Central only losses are to teams who were ranked top 10 nationally at the time of the games 

I think Chaminade is a very good team but it's gonna be hard to jump those teams and I don't look at kickoff classic games for the results because not all games are played the same but it's not like Chaminade is undefeated and AHP loss isn't looking as good as they keep dropping games 

I think #5 in the entire state is a fair ranking but without teams above them losing it's gonna be hard to get much higher 

On 10/18/2021 at 2:58 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Statewide Rankings

1 8A Venice

2 6A Tampa Jesuit

3 7A St Thomas Aquinas

4 5A Miami Central

5 3A Chaminade Madonna

6 8A Sanford Seminole

7 4A Bolles

8 4A Cocoa

9 8A Osceola

10 5A Miami Killian

11 7A Edgewater

12 7A Lakeland

13 6A Orlando Jones

14 6A Miami Northwestern

15 8A Treasure Coast

16 4A Gulliver Prep

17 4A Cardinal Gibbons

18 7A Niceville

19 7A Dillard

20 5A American Heritage Plantation

21 3A Berkeley Prep

22 5A Rockledge

23 7A Buchholz

24 8A Western

25 7A Tampa Bay Tech

26 8A Apopka

27 6A Columbia

28 4A Lakewood

29 8A Lake Mary

30 6A Naples

31 8A West Orange

32 8A Miami Palmetto

33 2A Jacksonville Trinity Christian

34 8A Deerfield Beach

35 2A Champagnat Catholic

36 7A Homestead

37 3A Miami Edison

38 7A Armwood

39 6A Panama City Mosley

40 6A Vanguard

41 8A Sarasota Riverview

42 8A Vero Beach

43 8A Boone

44 8A Bartram Trail

45 6A St Augustine

46 8A Miami Columbus

47 7A Spruce Creek

48 7A Lake Gibson

49 6A Tallahassee Rickards

50 6A Jacksonville Riverside

While Lakeland is pretty loaded with young talent and may be dangerous in the playoffs, their performance thus far does not warrant such a high ranking. And losing Gabe Dindy for possibly the rest of the season hurts a lot. They don't deserve a top 20 ranking until if/when they make the state semifinals or better.

29 minutes ago, skyway said:

While Lakeland is pretty loaded with young talent and may be dangerous in the playoffs, their performance thus far does not warrant such a high ranking. And losing Gabe Dindy for possibly the rest of the season hurts a lot. They don't deserve a top 20 ranking until if/when they make the state semifinals or better.

That is a big loss, what happened to him?