State Finals 4A Booker T. Washington Vs. Raines

DisabledAccount

Regarding BTW, given the youth of the program, the loss of good players via transfers, and the coaching changes, I think they did just fine and the future is bright.

Regarding Raines, I think they have some of the issues that Dillard alluded to in another post. They need some changes in the coaching staff, but politics may prevent that from happening. Yes, they could also benefit from a better schedule but that may be difficult depending on County policies and school resources. 

well we scheduled bolles and gave them a test they dont normally have so mabey raines will try to scheudle us in near future

I know I said strenght of scheduling but besides a few who's good in Duval county. Bolles, Mandarin, University Christian, Trinity Christian Academy, Raines and traditional power First Coast and I say traditional because they weren't good this year.

That believe that is about right for Duval County Slick.  Trinity Christian is on another level than the other Duval teams.  Talent speaking that might have been one of the best Raines teams we will see in a while.  BTW will just get stronger and more dominant in 4A...

@Zoe Boy If that happens remember only 2 teams get in the playoffs so who's not in Raines, Bolles or Trinity Christian Academy.

TCA will almost always get in over Raines and Bolles.  Raines and Bolles might be a coin flip.  Neither would compete with TCA right now.  I'm telling you TCA would blast BTW right now.  Not in the future, but this year they would embarrass BTW.

i would have liked to get to play TCA i think we would have given them a challange, we did beat them with JV team by 7 so varisty would have had a shot to beat them if we played at our best, but yeah what happens in duval is the majority of talent goes to a few private schools and only have enough for a few publics to go around

i would have liked to get to play TCA i think we would have given them a challange, we did beat them with JV team by 7 so varisty would have had a shot to beat them if we played at our best, but yeah what happens in duval is the majority of talent goes to a few private schools and only have enough for a few publics to go around

I think Columbia and TCA would have been interesting.

I think Raines enrollment is between 1050-1100 so if they can somehow get 1150 and more theyy might can move to 5A.

True.  They could go to 5A and compete with Ribault, Ponte Verdra,  Suwannee, Rickards and maybe on a good day Wakulla.  Ultimately they would generally have to face Bishop Moore or AHP  which would be a big dead end for Raines.  You know what might be a good South Florida comparison for a team like Raines - Coconut Creek .  Athletic enough at the skilled positions to compete with great teams but can't get out of their own way.