"BROWARD COUNTY" BOYS BASKETBALL TOP 10.!

Broward:

1. Dillard

2. Sagemont

3. Westminster Academy

4. Zion Lutheran

5. Boyd Anderson

6. Stoneman Douglas

7. Coral Springs

8. St. Thomas Aquinas

9. Blanche Ely

10. Pembroke Pines Charter

Just Outside:

Taravella, Hallandale, McArthur, Cardinal Gibbons, University School, Nova, Chaminade Madonna

I can agree with this list. i also believe that dillard boys basketball is the best right now in broward...been a while since i was able to say that but there deep this year full of talent and there Huge. lol...great time to be a panther fan. Can you see dillard go all the way @broward

I can agree with this list. i also believe that dillard boys basketball is the best right now in broward...been a while since i was able to say that but there deep this year full of talent and there Huge. lol...great time to be a panther fan. Can you see dillard go all the way @broward

I'm slowly trying to get a grip on the hoops districts, classes and stuff.  I don't know too much about the teams up north  like Leesburg, Auburndale, and Gainsville.but from what i see down here- Norland is the only team in 6A that can sniff Dillard right now.  Pines Charter might be the 2nd best 6A team in Broward and Dillard is at mininum 10 pts better than them on any court.  So to answer your question, if you stay healthy and get by Norland you should have a good shot at States.  I see the Dillard Girls have really been slipping lately.  I think the boys have a better shot at States than the girls this year.

Starting with tonight vs. McArthur, the next 4 games for Dillard will be a nice test for Dillard. No one of a Norland level but 4 good teams.  2 home and 2 away.  If they win all 4 (and I think they will) it will really show their dominance in the County.  3-1 could happen but I doubt it...

I'm slowly trying to get a grip on the hoops districts, classes and stuff.  I don't know too much about the teams up north  like Leesburg, Auburndale, and Gainsville.but from what i see down here- Norland is the only team in 6A that can sniff Dillard right now.  Pines Charter might be the 2nd best 6A team in Broward and Dillard is at mininum 10 pts better than them on any court.  So to answer your question, if you stay healthy and get by Norland you should have a good shot at States.  I see the Dillard Girls have really been slipping lately.  I think the boys have a better shot at States than the girls this year.

Starting with tonight vs. McArthur, the next 4 games for Dillard will be a nice test for Dillard. No one of a Norland level but 4 good teams.  2 home and 2 away.  If they win all 4 (and I think they will) it will really show their dominance in the County.  3-1 could happen but I doubt it...

i AGREE with everything you said...but our girls is 13-2 and there only 2 loses came in the christmas tournament in arizona and that tournament is filled with nationally ranked opponents. it says dillard lost to fort lauderdale which i really dont believe and if by any chance on Gods green earth its true it would put them at 12-3 and 4-0 in district play theres nobody in dillard bracket that can beat them.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is my updated Broward Bounty Rankings. 

1. Dillard
2. Sagemont
3. Westminster Academy
4. Boyd Anderson
5. Zion Lutheran
6. Coral Springs
7. Taravella
8. Nova
9. Pembroke Pines Charter
10. St. Thomas Aquinas

Just outside looking in: Stoneman Douglas, Chaminade Madonna, University School, Blance Ely, McArthur, Coral Springs Charter, Archbishop McCarthy, Hallandale, Cypress Bay, Cardinal Gibbons

Here is my updated Broward Bounty Rankings. 

1. Dillard

2. Sagemont

3. Westminster Academy

4. Boyd Anderson

5. Zion Lutheran

6. Coral Springs

7. Taravella

8. Nova

9. Pembroke Pines Charter

10. St. Thomas Aquinas

Just outside looking in: Stoneman Douglas, Chaminade Madonna, University School, Blance Ely, McArthur, Coral Springs Charter, Archbishop McCarthy, Hallandale, Cypress Bay, Cardinal Gibbons

I aGREE WITH THIS TOTALLY BRO PERFECT...BUT LOOK BACK AT WHEN DILLARD WAS STARTING THERE STRETCH VS MCARTHUR DOUGLAS SPRINGS PINES....AND THEY WON THEM ALL SO NOW THAT ABOUT 2 MONTHS HAVE WENT BY ...WHATS YOUR TAKE ON DILLARD AND A FEW OTHER TEAMS IN BROWARD.

I aGREE WITH THIS TOTALLY BRO PERFECT...BUT LOOK BACK AT WHEN DILLARD WAS STARTING THERE STRETCH VS MCARTHUR DOUGLAS SPRINGS PINES....AND THEY WON THEM ALL SO NOW THAT ABOUT 2 MONTHS HAVE WENT BY ...WHATS YOUR TAKE ON DILLARD AND A FEW OTHER TEAMS IN BROWARD.

Well, from what I see Dillard played a very tough schedule from start to finish and they appear to be very consistent of late grinding out Ws vs quality teams.  I would say they are well prepared for a State Title run.  I think what separates Dillard from other teams in Broward is they have a nice balance of size and athleticism.  I think Boyd Anderson is a dangerous team right now though.  They are very athletic and a great transition team.  I watched them vs. Sagemont and BA NEVER gave Sagemont a chance to set up offensively or defensively- they just wore them out. Taravella and Coral Springs each have a combo-guard that are nasty.  They can hurt you with 3's or finish strong.  Douglas is fundamentally sound team that if they heat up from behind the arc , they can kill you.  Nova has a great point guard and love to run and gun like Boyd Anderson.  I have not seen McArthur and STA play. Are they about the same is Coral Springs and Boyd Anderson type teams? 

What team in the Big 8 has the best shot at upsetting Dillard in your opinion?

Well, from what I see Dillard played a very tough schedule from start to finish and they appear to be very consistent of late grinding out Ws vs quality teams.  I would say they are well prepared for a State Title run.  I think what separates Dillard from other teams in Broward is they have a nice balance of size and athleticism.  I think Boyd Anderson is a dangerous team right now though.  They are very athletic and a great transition team.  I watched them vs. Sagemont and BA NEVER gave Sagemont a chance to set up offensively or defensively- they just wore them out. Taravella and Coral Springs each have a combo-guard that are nasty.  They can hurt you with 3's or finish strong.  Douglas is fundamentally sound team that if they heat up from behind the arc , they can kill you.  Nova has a great point guard and love to run and gun like Boyd Anderson.  I have not seen McArthur and STA play. Are they about the same is Coral Springs and Boyd Anderson type teams? 

What team in the Big 8 has the best shot at upsetting Dillard in your opinion?

The team with the best shot? i would have to say ELY we play them EVERY YEAR THEY HATE EACH OTHER ITS A HEATED RILVARY SO WHENEVR THESE TWO TEAMS MEET NO MATTER WHERE ITS GOING TO BE A BATTLE.

And the funny thing about Boyd anderson is That we beat them twice already you meationhed on how they didnt allow sagemont to really do anything they wanted to. Thats what dillard do to Boyd anderson i've seen the game in person Dillard is like a VARSITY to boyd anderson JV dillard looks HUge vs boyd anderson that even there fans left asking where is the rest of Boyd andersons Height. am i saying boyd anderson is NOT GOOD? NO but it just shows in my opinion that dillard may Just be a level or 2 above everyone else in broward.

That win vs. Ely was the icing on the cake for Dillard ( -for the regular season).  Ely is a better team right now than at the beginning of the season.  Like Dillard, I think Ely is peaking at the right time and very well could upset STA on 2/2.  

Rankings in Broward County are really tough at this point after Dillard.  Dillard playing those National games early (win or lose) appears to have really helped the team mature.  They appear primed for a State Title Run.

Go ahead and try to rank them if you want, but hard to guess if a team like Sagemont who has only played a few of the top teams in Broward is better than a team like Coral Springs who just lost two games by a combined 3 points in the last week @ Dillard and on neutral court to Ely.....

Simply put....I think you have Dillard and then the following teams can all beat each other on a given night:

Sagemont, Coral Springs, Boyd Anderson, NOVA, Blanche Ely, Zion Lutheran, Pines Charter, McArthur,  Taravella, and STA

next tier of teams would be:

Westminster Academy,  Stoneman Douglas, Chaminade-Madonna, University School, Cypress Bay, Archbishop McCarthy, Hallandale, Coral Springs Charter, Hollywood Hills and Cardinal Gibbons

That win vs. Ely was the icing on the cake for Dillard ( -for the regular season).  Ely is a better team right now than at the beginning of the season.  Like Dillard, I think Ely is peaking at the right time and very well could upset STA on 2/2.  

Rankings in Broward County are really tough at this point after Dillard.  Dillard playing those National games early (win or lose) appears to have really helped the team mature.  They appear primed for a State Title Run.

Go ahead and try to rank them if you want, but hard to guess if a team like Sagemont who has only played a few of the top teams in Broward is better than a team like Coral Springs who just lost two games by a combined 3 points in the last week @ Dillard and on neutral court to Ely.....

Simply put....I think you have Dillard and then the following teams can all beat each other on a given night:

Sagemont, Coral Springs, Boyd Anderson, NOVA, Blanche Ely, Zion Lutheran, Pines Charter, McArthur,  Taravella, and STA

next tier of teams would be:

Westminster Academy,  Stoneman Douglas, Chaminade-Madonna, University School, Cypress Bay, Archbishop McCarthy, Hallandale, Coral Springs Charter, Hollywood Hills and Cardinal Gibbons

the Funnyn thing about that is that i agree with you lol the way you broke the brackets down and put each team in a tier i agree with where everyone is at.

but man @broward dillard has played 6 teams twice and beat them in all in the rematch game like i was telling my dad last night dillard this year look as dominant as i ever seen them. and there team is made up of jrs and sophmores. this could be the start of a huge run for next year and so on to.

21-5 13 game winning streak just wow.

the Funnyn thing about that is that i agree with you lol the way you broke the brackets down and put each team in a tier i agree with where everyone is at.

but man @broward dillard has played 6 teams twice and beat them in all in the rematch game like i was telling my dad last night dillard this year look as dominant as i ever seen them. and there team is made up of jrs and sophmores. this could be the start of a huge run for next year and so on to.

21-5 13 game winning streak just wow.

There is no doubt Dillard is the best team in Broward.   It looked like Ely was trying to steal the momentum from them late in 3rd qtr when they started pressing hard but the Panthers withstood the storm.   If Dillard goes on to win States and keeps that core of Jrs and Sophs together, they will be a top 25 team next year and get invited to some big time tourneys.  Any chance any of those guys would want to play TE or DE for the Dillard football team? ;-) 

I am trying to find a listing or website that has all of the the teams in the playoffs in the state broken down by brackets.  I don't even know all of he local teams that are playing in the playoffs and what Class etc....let me know if you find anything.

If I am not mistaken, Boyd Anderson and Taravella did not even make the post -season which is tough because they both were very good teams this year. They both unfortunately played in tough Districts....

There is no doubt Dillard is the best team in Broward.   If Dillard goes on to win States and keeps that core of Jrs and Sophs together, they will be a top 25 team next year and get invited to some big time tourneys.  Any chance any of those guys would want to play TE or DE for the Dillard football team? ;-) 

I am trying to find a listing or website that has all of the the teams in the playoffs in the state broken down by brackets.  I don't even know all of he local teams that are playing in the playoffs and what Class etc....let me know if you find anything.

If I am not mistaken, Boyd Anderson and Taravella did not even make the post -season which is tough because they both were very good teams this year. They both unfortunately played in tough Districts....

See our mind was thinking about the same thing but i dont know how it works when your in a 4 team district because usually the lower seeds play each other then on a friday night or staurday night the 1 and 2 seeds play for the right to be offical runner up and district champion .....which i never understood in my opinion if you sweep your district you should automatically be district champions.

and as far the website theres a few you can look on maxpreps or you can look up south florida high school basketball 2016.

There is no doubt Dillard is the best team in Broward.   It looked like Ely was trying to steal the momentum from them late in 3rd qtr when they started pressing hard but the Panthers withstood the storm.   If Dillard goes on to win States and keeps that core of Jrs and Sophs together, they will be a top 25 team next year and get invited to some big time tourneys.  Any chance any of those guys would want to play TE or DE for the Dillard football team? ;-) 

And to answer your question some of them do play football for us lol.

and to think i had dillard ranked #4 to start the season SUCH DISRESPECT LOL ......i apologize PANTHER NATION.

I mean early on it was all up for grabs.  As the season went on Dillard separated and established itself from the rest of the pack.  They have come a long way.  Think about this.  Dillard only beat Northeast by 6 points in mid-November. They beat them by 20 in early December and if they met next week , Dillard would likely win by 30+.  

The difference between #2 and #10 in Broward is minimal.  So #4 early on was fine.  Remember it was early and Dillard had not peaked yet.

I mean early on it was all up for grabs.  As the season went on Dillard separated and established itself from the rest of the pack.  They have come a long way.  Think about this.  Dillard only beat Northeast by 6 points in mid-November. They beat them by 20 in early December and if they met next week , Dillard would likely win by 30+.  

The difference between #2 and #10 in Broward is minimal.  So #4 early on was fine.  Remember it was early and Dillard had not peaked yet.

yOUR RIGHT BUT FROM MY OBSERVATION ABOUT NEXT WEEK IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE BOYD ANDERSON VS PINES CHARTER LEAVING OUT NORTHEAST WITH A 8-11 RECORD AND THE WINNER OUT OF BOYD ANDERSON AND PINES CHARTER WOULD PLAY DILLARD IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME ON THE 5TH THAT FRIDAY.

OR THEY CAN BE DOING HIGH SEED VS LOW SEED....AND HAVE NORTHEAST AS THE LOWEST SEED VS DILLARD IN THE NIGHT CAP AND HAVE BOYD ANDERSON VS PINES AS THE FIRST GAME AND THE 2 WINNERS ADVANCE TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME FRIDAY....WHICH THE 1ST 1 WOULD MAKE MORE SINCE.

• 3 weeks later...

Very strong year for Broward County in Basketball. They have 4 teams  in the final 4 in Lakeland.  8A Coral Springs, 7A Blanche Ely, 6A Dillard, 3A Westminster Academy.  

If I had to rank the Broward teams today based on the way they are playing right now (not record)  it would be:

Tier 1 (Clearly a step above the rest)

Dillard

Tier 2 (Would have the best chance at pulling an upset vs Tier 1 )

Coral Springs

Ely

Westminster Academy

Tier 3 (Would have a shot to upset Tier 2 and would need a full moon to have a slim chance at beating Tier 1)

Boyd Anderson

Zion Lutheran

McArthur

STA

Chaminade-Madonna

Flanagan

Cypress Bay

Taravella

Pines Charter

Sagemont

Coconut Creek

NOVA

Tier 4 (Could upset a Tier 3, rarely a Tier 2 and Tier 1 on a snowy night in South Florida)

Stoneman Douglas

Coral Springs Charter

University School

Miramar

Hallandale

Archbishop McCarthy

Hollywood Hills

Calvary Christian

Cardinal Gibbons