iS 7A the DEEPEST class in FL?? Who are Your FAVS to reach regionals or better??

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Looking at 7A from a competitive aspect, 7A looks like the DEEPEST class right now where ANYTHING can happen. 

of course some have their faves & dark horses but looking at Teams Like STA,DILLARD,TBT,NICEVILLE,EDGEWATER,SPRUCE CREEK, LAKELAND,BUCHHOLZ,ARMWOOD 

This years playoffs especially up north are shaping up to be a “ON ANY GIVEN NIGHT” type of playoffs. 

you also have HOMESTEAD on this end & a very talented Miramar squad who has won 6 games in a row, man oh man what a playoff road is this gonna be in 7A VERY few games are gonna be GUARANTEES. @SubZero @DarterBlue2 @VeniceIndiansFootball @Jullian @nolebull813 

7A is deep as is 8A. Not opining on the quality of the teams in either class, but on the number of contenders. 7A has St. Thomas as the favorite and 8A has Venice as the favorite. 

If I had to lay down money before a game has been played, I would probably bet on the two favorites. Why? Because they both have the most likely chance of winning. However, with that said, I would not at all be surprised if neither one, St. Thomas nor Venice won. 

Several classifications should have competitive playoffs. In addition to the two largest classes, I look for 6A and 4A to also be very competitive.

I, frankly, don't know enough about the smaller classes 1A, 2A and 3A to venture as to whether they will be competitive. However, the resident expert on this board assures me that the Madison County Cowboys are a lock for 1A. :D

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

7A is deep as is 8A. Not opining on the quality of the teams in either class, but on the number of contenders. 7A has St. Thomas as the favorite and 8A has Venice as the favorite. 

If I had to lay down money before a game has been played, I would probably bet on the two favorites. Why? Because they both have the most likely chance of winning. However, with that said, I would not at all be surprised if neither one, St. Thomas nor Venice won. 

Several classifications should have competitive playoffs. In addition to the two largest classes, I look for 6A and 4A to also be very competitive.

I, frankly, don't know enough about the smaller classes 1A, 2A and 3A to venture as to whether they will be competitive. However, the resident expert on this board assures me that the Madison County Cowboys are a lock for 1A. :D

I don’t know what had to happen in the RPI for it to happen but I see Dillard & STA meeting up for round two in the reigional finals. 

i also wouldn’t be surprised in Miramar Met STA before Dillard & beat them, either way STA is not a WITHOUT A DOUBT fav to come out of the south not this raiders team. 

i also would be surprised if they’re some long drives for the playoffs as well , again depending on how the RPI shapes out.

16 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I don’t know what had to happen in the RPI for it to happen but I see Dillard & STA meeting up for round two in the reigional finals. 

i also wouldn’t be surprised in Miramar Met STA before Dillard & beat them, either way STA is not a WITHOUT A DOUBT fav to come out of the south not this raiders team. 

i also would be surprised if they’re some long drives for the playoffs as well , again depending on how the RPI shapes out.

Chaminade-madonna would beat miami central give anyone  in America a problem,  trinity christian could last year, sadly madco may never reach that level again.  

8A is the deeper class in my opinion followed by 7A.

STA, Dillard, Miramar and Homestead in 7a region 4 should be interesting.  

With the news just breaking that the 4a-8a state championships will be played at the old Lockhart stadium in Fort Lauderdale. That would be huge if Dillard can make it to state and play in their old home stadium.

50 minutes ago, Supernatural said:

8A is the deeper class in my opinion followed by 7A.

STA, Dillard, Miramar and Homestead in 7a region 4 should be interesting.  

With the news just breaking that the 4a-8a state championships will be played at the old Lockhart stadium in Fort Lauderdale. That would be huge if Dillard can make it to state and play in their old home stadium.

MAN WHAT!!! that entire stadium will be blue lol 

14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Miramar ain’t beating STA. I think the Pats lose to Western this week. IF they beat the Wildcats, then they got my attention. Homestead has gotten better thru the season. They’re a team u don’t wanna run into post season. If Dillard pulls a “Plantation” game in the post season, they exit early. If u boast one of the best defenses in the state, U BETTER PLAY SUM D!!!!! GOOD HEAVENS!!!!!!

u gotta love the North 7a! It’s viscous!!!! That’ll b great to follow! Would love to see Armwood represent the north. Ain’t counting out Niceville either. 

22 minutes ago, Jullian said:

u gotta love the North 7a! It’s viscous!!!! That’ll b great to follow! Would love to see Armwood represent the north. Ain’t counting out Niceville either. 

I would be somewhat surprised to see Armwood make a serious playoff run this year.   They just don't have the horses (the quality of playmakers or the depth) that they have had in years past.  That said, they've come up short with more talent in the past so maybe this will be the year they put it all together with less talent. 

Right now, I think Armwood is 7-2, with losses to Hillsborough High and Tampa Bay Tech and close wins over Gaither (22-19) and Wharton (20-13).  Tampa Bay Tech is undefeated and, as of last week, had the number 1 RPI ranking in the whole state, regardless of classification.  They've got a very winnable game in their season finale (vs. Chamberlain), so I expect TBT to go into the playoffs undefeated.  It wouldn't surprise me if three teams out of that district (TBT, Armwood and Wharton) all make the playoffs and any one of those teams could beat the other on any given Friday night.  That said, I would also expect one of those three teams will win the region and make the final four. 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Miramar ain’t beating STA. I think the Pats lose to Western this week. IF they beat the Wildcats, then they got my attention. Homestead has gotten better thru the season. They’re a team u don’t wanna run into post season. If Dillard pulls a “Plantation” game in the post season, they exit early. If u boast one of the best defenses in the state, U BETTER PLAY SUM D!!!!! GOOD HEAVENS!!!!!!

If DILLARD had been giving up those type of numbers we seen last Friday all year , then I’ll be alarmed. 

but it was legit ONE GAME, they just held STA the #12 team in the nation to 14 points offensively on the road, and coming into the game they had posted 6 shutouts including one against a very talented Deerfield team “be as it may it was a half” and only had gave up 7 points to a very solid Miramar team. 

but I stand on what I said about I’m glad Dillard had that game because they’ve had so many blowouts this year the coaches or players hadn’t had to really coach and make plays in the clutch. These games is gonna make Dillard even better in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

I would be somewhat surprised to see Armwood make a serious playoff run this year.   They just don't have the horses (the quality of playmakers or the depth) that they have had in years past.  That said, they've come up short with more talent in the past so maybe this will be the year they put it all together with less talent. 

Right now, I think Armwood is 7-2, with losses to Hillsborough High and Tampa Bay Tech and close wins over Gaither (22-19) and Wharton (20-13).  Tampa Bay Tech is undefeated and, as of last week, had the number 1 RPI ranking in the whole state, regardless of classification.  They've got a very winnable game in their season finale (vs. Chamberlain), so I expect TBT to go into the playoffs undefeated.  It wouldn't surprise me if three teams out of that district (TBT, Armwood and Wharton) all make the playoffs and any one of those teams could beat the other on any given Friday night.  That said, I would also expect one of those three teams will win the region and make the final four. 

Couldn’t agree more! 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If DILLARD had been giving up those type of numbers we seen last Friday all year , then I’ll be alarmed. 

but it was legit ONE GAME, they just held STA the #12 team in the nation to 14 points offensively on the road, and coming into the game they had posted 6 shutouts including one against a very talented Deerfield team “be as it may it was a half” and only had gave up 7 points to a very solid Miramar team. 

but I stand on what I said about I’m glad Dillard had that game because they’ve had so many blowouts this year the coaches or players hadn’t had to really coach and make plays in the clutch. These games is gonna make Dillard even better in the playoffs.

Hope you’re right brother! 

1 minute ago, Jullian said:

Hope you’re right brother! 

That’s just like Venice vs cocoa both good teams that game ended up 49-51 or suem like that. But both of those teams are still considered good to great right ??

defensively  that’s terrible in the eyes of a defensive coordinator, but also in those type of games builds character, poise & grit. 

Im not sure how long you’ve followed Dillard but in the past that Deerfield, Miramar & plantation game would’ve been diff results & that STA game would’ve been a blow out. 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That’s just like Venice vs cocoa both good teams that game ended up 49-51 or suem like that. But both of those teams are still considered good to great right ??

defensively  that’s terrible in the eyes of a defensive coordinator, but also in those type of games builds character, poise & grit. 

Im not sure how long you’ve followed Dillard but in the past that Deerfield, Miramar & plantation game would’ve been diff results & that STA game would’ve been a blow out. 

21-20

39 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

He's on a high right now!

Just trying to be a realist as I am rooting for Dillard to take down STA, but these comparisons he is making are non-sensical.  He does point out that a lot of scoring took place in some of those games and he referred to those teams, Venice, Cocoa, Treasure Coast and Vero as good to great teams.  That is correct, but unfortunately Plantation is nowhere near their level so why bring them into the discussion.  Same as the great rivalry we use to have with St. Cloud is reminiscent of the one they had with Ely.  Those days are long gone as if Ely didn't squeak by Boyd Anderson by 1 point before being demolished on Friday by Dillard they would end the season 0-10.  Big game to look forward to I guess. 

If Lakeland can get Dindy back, they may be the most dangerous team in 7A North. But, they have to beat Lake Gibson and likely will play every playoff game on the road. If they actually managed to get through that terrain, they'd probably be a threat vs. STA as well. But, it's very difficult to see them making it through those games unscathed. We'll get a preview Friday at Lakewood. A convincing win and they are a player; anything less probably not.

8 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Just trying to be a realist as I am rooting for Dillard to take down STA, but these comparisons he is making are non-sensical.  He does point out that a lot of scoring took place in some of those games and he referred to those teams, Venice, Cocoa, Treasure Coast and Vero as good to great teams.  That is correct, but unfortunately Plantation is nowhere near their level so why bring them into the discussion.  Same as the great rivalry we use to have with St. Cloud is reminiscent of the one they had with Ely.  Those days are long gone as if Ely didn't squeak by Boyd Anderson by 1 point before being demolished on Friday by Dillard they would end the season 0-10.  Big game to look forward to I guess. 

It’s more then just the record, it’s the tradition the histories behind the game, the pride the community, the strong hate it you’re not from south Florida which clearly you’re not you won’t even be able to fathom what I’m talking about. 

prime example in 2013 Dillard came into this very soul bowl (7-2) ely was (1-8) Dillard was monster favs & that cold rainy night every fumble went elys way every tipped ball was intercepted & we lost that game (50-0) before upsetting carol city as 28 point underdogs in the playoffs the very next week. 

& just because you’ve never heard of plantation or don’t follow them DOES NOT mean their not solid, you keep up with cocoa & vero & etc so of course you’re more familiar but to say plantation isn’t solid without even watching a lick of film on them is crazy.

I understand tradition, ours is either the 3rd, 4th or 5th oldest rivalry in the state depending on who you listen to and as I stated before on this forum it is meaningful to the locals.  So yes, I know tradition.  Yours the same, but it isn't like days of old anymore due to the imbalance in our talent level when both these games will produce a running clock in the first half.  Fans don't have the anticipation of even an upset being possible so it eliminates not the rivalry, but the "HEATED" part.   And you are right I don't follow Plantation as I don't have to as others are determining their standings in the state, not me.  Same goes for the level you yourself placed on the top ranked teams that you admitted you didn't follow as others have determined their place.  Not here to denigrate your rivalry as obviously it is extremely important to you and other locals so that is great.  Let's just see how competitive a game it really is.  Don't think I will need to be cheering for your team on this one like I will be against STA.