Is Silver King still lurking on this message board?

Jambun82

34 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Carefull SK, its Jambun 2.0 over here. He's kicking a$$ and taking names....no play play.

Not really. I just periodically check that other message board, and I noticed Silver King's post from last Saturday. Dan, are you attending Mainland games this year? 

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is: 

Anybody else notice a difference this season? Is this another residual from Covid?

I generally don’t comment on officiating much, because I have found over all the years I’ve played and been a fan, bad calls come from a random black hole in the universe and Karma tends to even them out over a game, a season or a career. I’ve really only seen a couple of instances in my career where a call was nefarious.

I should also say that I appreciate today’s referee. It’s a thankless job, players are increasingly disrespectful and I would have never considered doing that in my day (my coaches would have broke their foot off in my arse, if I had). I watched a kid laugh at a ref sending him to the sideline when he was doing him a favor by not throwing him out of the game.

They’re is such a shortage of refs, its changed the nights we play some games in SW Florida so everyone had a crew to cover their game.

However, I’ve never seen the penalties come like I have this season. I thought it was just the Tarpons, and trust me they’re undisciplined, take too many procedure or offsides penalties a game, and have been awful with unsportsmanlike calls. Most of those they earned. But last week Ft Myers in their game against us had had 195 yards of penalties. We had to be close. It simply took over the game.

This year the amount of holding calls has been astronomical (was there a change in what to look for?) and the frequent ref huddles to discuss calls seems way up. I left our game last night two minutes early, right before the rain and 1580AM broadcast crew were taking about this as the Tarpons where in the process of taking 45 yards of penalties in a row.

**Fast forward, Friday night Nov 5th: listening to the PC Pirates game against Kathleen in the first quarter, after refs twice singled conflicting calls on a line to gain and a PAT.

Then after a slew of flags, one announcer says, "We can only hope this doesn’t turn into a flag fest like the past two games."

7 hours ago, Silver King said:

Here it is: 

Anybody else notice a difference this season? Is this another residual from Covid?

I generally don’t comment on officiating much, because I have found over all the years I’ve played and been a fan, bad calls come from a random black hole in the universe and Karma tends to even them out over a game, a season or a career. I’ve really only seen a couple of instances in my career where a call was nefarious.

I should also say that I appreciate today’s referee. It’s a thankless job, players are increasingly disrespectful and I would have never considered doing that in my day (my coaches would have broke their foot off in my arse, if I had). I watched a kid laugh at a ref sending him to the sideline when he was doing him a favor by not throwing him out of the game.

They’re is such a shortage of refs, its changed the nights we play some games in SW Florida so everyone had a crew to cover their game.

However, I’ve never seen the penalties come like I have this season. I thought it was just the Tarpons, and trust me they’re undisciplined, take too many procedure or offsides penalties a game, and have been awful with unsportsmanlike calls. Most of those they earned. But last week Ft Myers in their game against us had had 195 yards of penalties. We had to be close. It simply took over the game.

This year the amount of holding calls has been astronomical (was there a change in what to look for?) and the frequent ref huddles to discuss calls seems way up. I left our game last night two minutes early, right before the rain and 1580AM broadcast crew were taking about this as the Tarpons where in the process of taking 45 yards of penalties in a row.

**Fast forward, Friday night Nov 5th: listening to the PC Pirates game against Kathleen in the first quarter, after refs twice singled conflicting calls on a line to gain and a PAT.

Then after a slew of flags, one announcer says, "We can only hope this doesn’t turn into a flag fest like the past two games."

I hope that more officials would realize that nobody shows up to the game to see them. Also, reading the rule book time and time again is critical. High School Football is about the players. 

10 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I hope that more officials would realize that nobody shows up to the game to see them. Also, reading the rule book time and time again is critical. High School Football is about the players. 

They show up to see me curse you out and give you a butt chewing for your pathetic calls.  :P