State Championship Game Location - 4A to 8A

CoachK

So, the 1A - 3A games will be played in Tallahassee (about as far north as you can get and still be in Florida, although you could certainly be further west).  And the 4A-8A games will be played in Fort Lauderdale (in the southern part of the state, but admittedly, you could find a location or two further south).  Crank up the buses. 

From what I know, Lockhart Stadium was demolished and a new one was built.  Can any locals confirm?  The new stadium is DRV PNK Stadium and is used primarily for the sport that the rest of world knows as football (i.e., soccer).   Have any football games been played since the stadium was rebuilt/remodeled?   All of the pictures that I've seen have it laid out for soccer (with no goal posts).   I like the size of it (holds about 18,000).  That's just about right for a high school championship game, although it could sell out if the right team or teams make the finals.  But I think that would be kind of cool.  

From what I have seen, it's a natural grass field.   Five games in three days could take its toll on a natural grass field.  Hopefully, a front won't move through just before the games start and dump a bunch of rain on the field. 

Back to my question:  have any football games been played there since the stadium reopened?

8 minutes ago, Perspective said:

So, the 1A - 3A games will be played in Tallahassee (about as far north as you can get and still be in Florida, although you could certainly be further west).  And the 4A-8A games will be played in Fort Lauderdale (in the southern part of the state, but admittedly, you could find a location or two further south).  Crank up the buses. 

From what I know, Lockhart Stadium was demolished and a new one was built.  Can any locals confirm?  The new stadium is DRV PNK Stadium and is used primarily for the sport that the rest of world knows as football (i.e., soccer).   Have any football games been played since the stadium was rebuilt/remodeled?   All of the pictures that I've seen have it laid out for soccer (with no goal posts).   I like the size of it (holds about 18,000).  That's just about right for a high school championship game, although it could sell out if the right team or teams make the finals.  But I think that would be kind of cool.  

From what I have seen, it's a natural grass field.   Five games in three days could take its toll on a natural grass field.  Hopefully, a front won't move through just before the games start and dump a bunch of rain on the field. 

Back to my question:  have any football games been played there since the stadium reopened?

Cowboys was in the article holding their trophy I guess it's gonna happen again.  Let's go but I did like fsu stadium 

Sounds like a good choice as SFL teams travel well and they could boost ticket revenue since so many of them have a shot in most of those divisions.  Located in central Florida, I would rather travel to Fort Lauderdale over a weekend for a championship game than going to Tally as they are equidistant. 

Has anyone been to Tallahassee for a football game in December? A few years back I went to a playoff game in Jacksonville, which is not quite as far north as Tallahassee. I'm originally from New York and I was never so cold in all of my days. It was really so cold that the air was making a crackling noise. I was dressed like an Eskimo and I couldn't make it past the first half. Not a fun way to watch football IMO. Better they have it in South Florida where the sun actually provides heat in Winter. Even Orlando would be better as Orlando I believe is below the frost free line. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Has anyone been to Tallahassee for a football game in December? A few years back I went to a playoff game in Jacksonville, which is not quite as far north as Tallahassee. I'm originally from New York and I was never so cold in all of my days. It was really so cold that the air was making a crackling noise. I was dressed like an Eskimo and I couldn't make it past the first half. Not a fun way to watch football IMO. Better they have it in South Florida where the sun actually provides heat in Winter. Even Orlando would be better as Orlando I believe is below the frost free line. :ph34r:

It can get pretty cold up here in Tallahassee in November and December.  According to the weather forecast it's going to be wet and chilly this Friday night...and it's only early November.  I'll be dressing accordingly!

image.png.6915b985d3671e38019aa29b6f3231d3.png

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

The Stadium where the High schools play is behind the soccer stadium, on the north side. No HSFB has been played in the soccer stadium. Lockhart was demolished. 

3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

Orlando is good because it's family oriented. You have Theme Parks, Restaurants, Museums Plenty of Hotels I mean it's just so much. On the other hand South Florida has a lot to offer as well one thing all of the beaches so if you like water then this would be a good vacation 

1 hour ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Maybe, just maybe attendance will fill it up if/when local area teams make it to the show, LOL!  Seriously though...  Very nice venue.0719_Development_1.jpg

If the attendance isn't good at this stadium then something is seriously wrong. I expect if these schools make it the stadium should sell out because alumni and community support these schools 

Central 5A

Northwestern 6A

St. Thomas Aquinas 7A

8A TBD 

34 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

If the attendance isn't good at this stadium then something is seriously wrong. I expect if these schools make it the stadium should sell out because alumni and community support these schools 

Central 5A

Northwestern 6A

St. Thomas Aquinas 7A

8A TBD 

So you would pick STA Alumni & support over Dillards ? Lol if DILLARD makes it to state they will have the BIGGEST crowd out of any school or class MARK IT! 

35 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Central 5A

Northwestern 6A

St. Thomas Aquinas 7A

8A TBD 

I kno STA maybe your 7A south fave but come on lol 

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

1A should be played in Tallahassee/Gainesville/Lake City as any one of those 3 makes the game centrally located. Glad that it will be in Tallahassee.

2A should be played at a home stadium of one of the teams as they rarely ever get above 1,500.

Unfortunately, home field would be deemed to be an unfair advantage to most regardless of crowd size.

14 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So you would pick STA Alumni & support over Dillards ? Lol if DILLARD makes it to state they will have the BIGGEST crowd out of any school or class MARK IT! 

Of course not Dillard would outlast St. Thomas but I chose St. Thomas because they're good and until you beat them they will always be favorite.