Padded Stats

Coach

55 minutes ago, WhoopWhoop!! said:

You mind providing examples? 

https://www.theledger.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2021/11/02/vandiver-passes-davenport-48-point-win/6250356001/

I was at that game because I have a few buddies who teach/coach there. LBV got dismantled, but they had two drives that took up almost an entire quarter on offense. There’s 0 chance that kid threw 517 in the game, let alone a half. He may have had 350 total. A great night, but why lie about it? Also, that coach threw a screen that scored on the last play of the game while the clock was running. One of my friends is ready to start sharing all their film out to see if that QB actually has the 3000 yards they claim lol

That’s just one I saw in person. I’m sure other teams do something similar.

If a coach is willing to go to a media outlet and say that, I’m curious how many other games he did that with. 

I am sure a lot of other teams do it too. I just wish there was some way to verify things like stats because coaches will do things like that guy at Davenport as long as there’s no way to verify it. 

Anyone else have anything they’ve seen that looks completely outlandish? 

1 hour ago, Coach said:

https://www.theledger.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2021/11/02/vandiver-passes-davenport-48-point-win/6250356001/

I was at that game because I have a few buddies who teach/coach there. LBV got dismantled, but they had two drives that took up almost an entire quarter on offense. There’s 0 chance that kid threw 517 in the game, let alone a half. He may have had 350 total. A great night, but why lie about it? Also, that coach threw a screen that scored on the last play of the game while the clock was running. One of my friends is ready to start sharing all their film out to see if that QB actually has the 3000 yards they claim lol

That’s just one I saw in person. I’m sure other teams do something similar.

4 of 6 touchdown passes accounted for 188 yards. So he would've had to throw for 329 more yards. How he would manage to do that in a half is unbelievable.  His stat totals for the season pretty much are perfect over 500 yards rushing on 50 carries and 20td passes to 4 ints with pretty 3000 yd passing

30 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

4 of 6 touchdown passes accounted for 188 yards. So he would've had to throw for 329 more yards. How he would manage to do that in a half is unbelievable.  His stat totals for the season pretty much are perfect over 500 yards rushing on 50 carries and 20td passes to 4 ints with pretty 3000 yd passing

Like I said…seems absolutely ridiculous. Going to a newspaper to make claims that are false makes coaches look like clowns. 

I’ve seen a lot of blowouts. But to score 6 times yet amass 517 passing yards in a half? An average of 87 passing yards per drive? Makes me wonder…

Surprised??? Really???? This is today’s media. They don’t need/use facts for headlines, let alone sports!!!! Sports is simply a microcosm, in every way, of this country today. If you want it to b a truth, it’s a truth. Kids are gonna lie/exaggerate, but sadly some of the coaches: a mentor, father figure, & leader are the culprits........

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Surprised??? Really???? This is today’s media. They don’t need/use facts for headlines, let alone sports!!!! Sports is simply a microcosm, in every way, of this country today. If you want it to b a truth, it’s a truth. Kids are gonna lie/exaggerate, but sadly some of the coaches: a mentor, father figure, & leader are the culprits........

The QB’s dad is like the HC or OC on that team. I was just in the stands, but it’s a bad look for a brand new school if the coach is just going to lie. Especially if it’s unchecked. I’m sure other teams are/will be following their lead