Polk County in the Playoffs

Nulli Secundus

I don't have any assessments but I'm simply waiting for the fun of the playoffs.  I'm glad to see Tenoroc make their first ever school appearance in the post season (someone fact check that).  I hope it's not short-lived. Can Lake Gibson defeat Lakeland twice in the same season?  The pressure is on now, LOL.  Can battle tested Bartow give Edgewater a game?  Eight of the 10 schools have been to the show at least once in their existence.  Will Lakeland Christian add their name to that list? I'm sure the Bloodhounds and Braves will debate for year about the outcome of the game canceled by weather.  I hope the Hounds maintain the win at all cost drive into the postseason.

1A
Ft. Meade at Wildwood

2A
Victory Christian
(Lakeland) at Foundation

3A
Lakeland Christian
(Bye)
Frostproof vs Windermere Prep

4A
Tenoroc (Lakeland) at Clewiston

6A
Auburndale vs Belleview
Lake Wales at Port St. Lucie

7A
Lakeland at Lake Gibson
Bartow at Edgewater

My hope is that all the schools in the great state of Florida remain injury free and enjoy the remainder of the season.  Good luck to all of our Polk County representatives, EXCEPT Lake Gibson.  Nothing personal, just business.:D

26 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I don't have any assessments but I'm simply waiting for the fun of the playoffs.  I'm glad to see Tenoroc make their first ever school appearance in the post season (someone fact check that).  I hope it's not short-lived. Can Lake Gibson defeat Lakeland twice in the same season?  The pressure is on now, LOL.  Can battle tested Bartow give Edgewater a game?  Eight of the 10 schools have been to the show at least once in their existence.  Will Lakeland Christian add their name to that list? I'm sure the Bloodhounds and Braves will debate for year about the outcome of the game canceled by weather.  I hope the Hounds maintain the win at all cost drive into the postseason.

1A
Ft. Meade at Wildwood

2A
Victory Christian
(Lakeland) at Foundation

3A
Lakeland Christian
(Bye)
Frostproof vs Windermere Prep

4A
Tenoroc (Lakeland) at Clewiston

6A
Auburndale vs Belleview
Lake Wales at Port St. Lucie

7A
Lakeland at Lake Gibson
Bartow at Edgewater

My hope is that all the schools in the great state of Florida remain injury free and enjoy the remainder of the season.  Good luck to all of our Polk County representatives, EXCEPT Lake Gibson.  Nothing personal, just business.:D

Tenoroc gonna win the state title over lakewood 45-21

22 minutes ago, skyway said:

Lakeland has been without Gabe Dindy two months, and they've not had Kheanist Thompson the last two games, either. They'll need those guys to beat Edgewater and probably LG. I have no idea if they'll have them or not.

I wonder how much longer Coach Castle hangs in there?  I know he wants one more but I don't think he's willing to pull a Hazel Haley to do it.

24 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I wonder how much longer Coach Castle hangs in there?  I know he wants one more but I don't think he's willing to pull a Hazel Haley to do it.

ha! We've been saying these kinds of things since I was at Lakeland! I'm pretty sure he's not going to live and coach forever. But, heck if I know when he'll hang it up!

1 minute ago, skyway said:

ha! We've been saying these kinds of things since I was at Lakeland! I'm pretty sure he's not going to live and coach forever. But, heck if I know when he'll hang it up!

Right!  We were saying that back in the 90's when Lakeland couldn't consistently make the playoffs.  

5 minutes ago, skyway said:

I was there '93-95 seasons. He was a bit of a dinosaur even then lol. I'd like to see them line up a successor-maybe Kendrick Stewart- before he heads out.

I was there 91-93 with Dale Terrell.  That guy was huge back in junior high, LOL.  Lucky, The Boatwright twins, Prenshon Dixon, Laconia and the rest of those cats were right behind me.

2 hours ago, skyway said:

I was there '93-95 seasons. He was a bit of a dinosaur even then lol. I'd like to see them line up a successor-maybe Kendrick Stewart- before he heads out.

That means that you were there with He Hate Me, and the other running back who had the big afro. I think that his last names was Worlds or something like that. My school made the trip to Bryant Stadium in 1994. 

48 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

That means that you were there with He Hate Me, and the other running back who had the big afro. I think that his last names was Worlds or something like that. My school made the trip to Bryant Stadium in 1994. 

Yeah, Rod "He Hate Me" Smart
rodsmart.png
gettyimages-53165938.jpg?w=1280

and Laconia Worlds, r.i.p.
L061L0I4U6_1.jpgx?w=120&h=180&option=3
img?institutionId=0&user=0&id=340347474&

19 hours ago, skyway said:

Lakeland has been without Gabe Dindy two months, and they've not had Kheanist Thompson the last two games, either. They'll need those guys to beat Edgewater and probably LG. I have no idea if they'll have them or not.

Kheanist Thompson and our Center Darrien Valsaint is bk and will be playing Friday nite! The Naughts have played well without Dindy out with his injury!

23 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Yep, they were a year ahead of me. West Orange? That game was a 0-0 tie through 4 quarters and then we won in OT. Weird night!

8 hours ago, Turtle said:

Kheanist Thompson and our Center Darrien Valsaint is bk and will be playing Friday nite! The Naughts have played well without Dindy out with his injury!

Good to hear on Thompson. Are the WRs OK? Both were down for several minutes with injuries at Lakewood. Any chance Dindy ever makes it back this season?

Lakeland needs Dindy and Thompson to win tonight. Specifically, they need them to play inside, given LG's preference of running inside. Neither played a down inside this season, though Dindy played inside extensively in previous seasons. So, my prediction is if he plays inside they win, and if he doesn't play or doesn't play inside, Glover runs wild again and LG wins.