Coaching changes?

h8r

42 minutes ago, Jullian said:

They better do a thorough search!!!!! Ely needs to get good again for their history, Broward County, & the Soul Bowl!!!!

Did you see the caption sunsential for the recap I was crying laughing lol hahahaha but at this point they need a whole new staff. 

on top of that I’m not letting their alumni off the hook their attendance for soul bowl was pathetic!! Win or lose you’re suppose to come out & support your school. 

47 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Did you see the caption sunsential for the recap I was crying laughing lol hahahaha but at this point they need a whole new staff. 

on top of that I’m not letting their alumni off the hook their attendance for soul bowl was pathetic!! Win or lose you’re suppose to come out & support your school. 

Agree brother! 

They were horrible this year agreed, but the problem is they switch coaching staffs every year and this guys already came in late as they offered the job to someone else last year 1st who was alumni, but then refused to get him a job on campus. Need to let someone stick it through a couple rough years and build relationships. Won’t be an overnight fix. 

HS football in this state is the have's and have nots.  I dont know what people expect from coaches at the have not schools.  There's not a lot of middle ground with the easy transfer rules.  Once your team is a have not, youre stuck in a feedback loop of never getting a chance because you lose any good players to teams that can always reload with transfers.  It's a vicious cycle and I can never blame the kids for wanting to go to a winner or perhaps get in front of scouts.  It sucks for the kids who stay in their zoned school, though.  It's the same teams every year in the playoffs.  I remember the old days when teams would rise and fall depending upon which group of kids was moving through their system.  Some teams were always good just because they were zoned with a lot of athletes in their neighborhood but they still ebbed and flowed depending upon their kids each year.  Now teams just reload with kids from out of their zone.  Private schools are at a severe advantage to the point its truly unfair but on the other hand I'm happy for the kids that came out of low income neighborhoods to get a chance at a decent education rather than play for their underfunded D or F rated public HS.  I do feel for the kids who have to play for losing teams every year.  It's tough and only getting tougher.

If I were coaching a have not, I would install a gimmick type of offense like the Gun-T (shotgun version of wing-T) where misdirection and cut blocking help you outscore opponents and at least give you a chance vs superior talent.  In the end, though, you still need a stud at QB to run it and that's still not easy to find but at least it's one player versus trying to find a whole team of studs.

12 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

HS football in this state is the have's and have nots.  I dont know what people expect from coaches at the have not schools.  There's not a lot of middle ground with the easy transfer rules.  Once your team is a have not, youre stuck in a feedback loop of never getting a chance because you lose any good players to teams that can always reload with transfers.  It's a vicious cycle and I can never blame the kids for wanting to go to a winner or perhaps get in front of scouts.  It sucks for the kids who stay in their zoned school, though.  It's the same teams every year in the playoffs.  I remember the old days when teams would rise and fall depending upon which group of kids was moving through their system.  Some teams were always good just because they were zoned with a lot of athletes in their neighborhood but they still ebbed and flowed depending upon their kids each year.  Now teams just reload with kids from out of their zone.  Private schools are at a severe advantage to the point its truly unfair but on the other hand I'm happy for the kids that came out of low income neighborhoods to get a chance at a decent education rather than play for their underfunded D or F rated public HS.  I do feel for the kids who have to play for losing teams every year.  It's tough and only getting tougher.

If I were coaching a have not, I would install a gimmick type of offense like the Gun-T (shotgun version of wing-T) where misdirection and cut blocking help you outscore opponents and at least give you a chance vs superior talent.  In the end, though, you still need a stud at QB to run it and that's still not easy to find but at least it's one player versus trying to find a whole team of studs.

Not madison problem, they just a special place in Florida that can destroy private schools easy.

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

I'm with you on most of this. However, I don't feel that private and parochial schools have much of an advantage when it comes to transfers. First off, many of the top notch football players in public schools cannot afford private school. Secondly, quite a few don't meet the academic and/or quality standards to be accepted at a private or parochial school. Thirdly, there is no free transportation to and from private and parochial schools and many live quite a distance from these schools or are in other towns. In our private school there have been players from public schools that transferred in and had to drop out or were dismissed due to academic and/or disciplinary reasons.  On top of that Private and parochial schools can only handle so many students and the classes fill up pretty quickly. So ability to accept transfers is limited. 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

I'm with you on most of this. However, I don't feel that private and parochial schools have much of an advantage when it comes to transfers. First off, many of the top notch football players in public schools cannot afford private school. Secondly, quite a few don't meet the academic and/or quality standards to be accepted at a private or parochial school. Thirdly, there is no free transportation to and from private and parochial schools and many live quite a distance from these schools or are in other towns. In our private school there have been players from public schools that transferred in and had to drop out or were dismissed due to academic and/or disciplinary reasons.  On top of that Private and parochial schools can only handle so many students and the classes fill up pretty quickly. So ability to accept transfers is limited. 

Do you think the star players they recruit actually have to pay for school at the powerhouses?  They can give "need based" financial aid which basically amounts to a full scholarship.  Of course this is not all players but the stars they recruit are certainly not paying for school.  As far as transportation, there's some "creative" things going on there too.  Some players have been known to live with coaches while some get rides from coaches who live within the vicinity.  Others can drive themselves.  This isnt to say a majority arent on the up and up but I guarantee you a 3/4/5-star player in the hood can find a private school willing to take him and his academics.  Now the good part of this story is this is an opportunity for these kids to better themselves so I dont make a big issue of it other than to point out private schools are strongly advantaged over public schools.

32 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

Do you think the star players they recruit actually have to pay for school at the powerhouses?  They can give "need based" financial aid which basically amounts to a full scholarship.  Of course this is not all players but the stars they recruit are certainly not paying for school.  As far as transportation, there's some "creative" things going on there too.  Some players have been known to live with coaches while some get rides from coaches who live within the vicinity.  Others can drive themselves.  This isnt to say a majority arent on the up and up but I guarantee you a 3/4/5-star player in the hood can find a private school willing to take him and his academics.  Now the good part of this story is this is an opportunity for these kids to better themselves so I dont make a big issue of it other than to point out private schools are strongly advantaged over public schools.

True, the state of Florida has the Step-Up for Students Scholarship programs available for needs based families. Also, there are some private schools that give partial scholarships on their own. Most of them do not cover full tuition and I believe the student has to maintain certain academic requisites. But, yes, you are correct and the reason why so many public school students can attend private schools. We do have to realize that these scholarships are available to all students if they meet the needs based criteria and not just to football players and the school has to have room available for them. Hopefully these students will take the opportunity to better themselves academically in a much better learning environment although I'm not so sure of that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Up here in Jacksonville/NE Florida, I know that Mandarin and Ribault have fired their coaches and are looking for new ones. Mandarin hasn’t been a traditional football powerhouse (the state title in 2018 was certainly unexpected) and Ribault is known more as a basketball school. That being said, both seem to be potentially solid jobs. I’ll be curious as to who fills them. 

On 11/10/2021 at 2:54 PM, Proseteye said:

True, the state of Florida has the Step-Up for Students Scholarship programs available for needs based families. Also, there are some private schools that give partial scholarships on their own. Most of them do not cover full tuition and I believe the student has to maintain certain academic requisites. But, yes, you are correct and the reason why so many public school students can attend private schools. We do have to realize that these scholarships are available to all students if they meet the needs based criteria and not just to football players and the school has to have room available for them. Hopefully these students will take the opportunity to better themselves academically in a much better learning environment although I'm not so sure of that. 

Some private schools also allow students to homeschool/Florida virtual without having to pay any tuition and just play sports for them 

21 hours ago, Drogo said:

Fort Pierce Westwood’s coach resigned again, they’ll be on their 5th coach in as many years…

Gotta feel bad for Westwood. Four of their starters were at Vero Beach this year, and 4 star safety Kamari Wilson went to IMG his junior and senior years. When I watched them play Vero late in the season, they only had 26 guys dressed out and multiple guys in street clothes.  Central runs into the same problems with keeping coaching staffs and players going elsewhere. 

On 11/10/2021 at 10:18 AM, PinellasFB said:

BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn’t agree more!!

I’d run single wing or old school wing t. Don’t need a QB and you don’t need to have 5 good athletes on offense (aka put more of them on defense). WR’s are pretty much not needed