Collier - First Baptist 

Leon - Florida High 

Pinellas - Lakewood 

Baker - Baker County 

Escambia - Pine Forest 

Highlands - Sebring 

St Lucie - Treasure Coast 

Sarasota - Venice 

Thanks NoleBull813!  You make my research easy!

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Population of counties with a playoff team? If I had the time I would post it. Maybe I can do that tomorrow, unless someone has the time and wants to do it.

Dade (4) 2701767 - Columbus, MNW, MC and Champagnat

Broward (3) 1944375 - STA, Cardinal Gibbons and Chaminade 

Hillsborough (3) 1459762 Jesuit, TBT and Berkeley 

Orange (3) 1429908 - Apopka, Jones and OCP

Polk (2) 725046 - Lake Gibson and Lakeland Christian 

Brevard (2) 606612 - Merritt Island and Cocoa 

Alachua (2) 278468 - Buchholz and Hawthorne 

Duval (2) 995567 - Jax TC and Bolles

Washington (1) 25318 - Chipley 

Madison (1) 17968 - Madison County 

Levy (1) 42915 - Chiefland 

Collier (1) 375752 - First Baptist 

Leon (1) 292198 - Florida High 

Pinellas (1) 959107 - Lakewood 

Baker (1) 28259 - Baker County 

Escambia (1) 321905 - Pine Forest 

Highlands (1) 101235 - Sebring 

St Lucie (1) 329226 - Treasure Coast 

Sarasota (1) 434006 - Venice 

19 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Madison always the smallest,  but has and can beat these cities they the real goats

12 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

You rock... thank you.

On 11/13/2021 at 2:21 PM, PinellasFB said:

I predicted 5A-9 was a terrible district yet got *four* teams into the playoff and they collectively went 1-3 in round one, with the sole win a 24-21 over a 3-7 Tampa Chamberlain team by 7-3 Nature Coast Tech.  There were much stronger teams (e.g. 5-4 Port Charlotte) that didnt make it into the 5A playoffs because the RPI formula favors districts in weak geographic regions.  The RPI kept out a lot of good teams that played hard schedules but had close losses to power teams while rewarding those who played weaker schedules but piled up wins

I've thought about this and I think a better solution is to have more districts, keep the RPI, but limit districts to no more than 2 teams.  You could also make an exception to this rule by taking a third team from a district in the rare instance they are 0.1+ higher RPI than a second place team in another district, thus having a provision to account for the extremely strong districts that might occur.

Region 3 class 5A is weak. Not a bit surprised Sebring is regional champs.

9 hours ago, Hwy17 said:

Region 3 class 5A is weak. Not a bit surprised Sebring is regional champs.

The fact that Sebring and Merritt Island can make a state semi final is a travesty and a mockery of HSFB. This is definitive proof that the classes are way too watered down and the FHSAA has to intervene. Something has got to be done. At some point someone has to call out the greed. I get consolidating classes will lessen the amount of playoff games as a whole and that where a chunk of the money gets laundered to the FHSAA big wigs. But come on. Do they really need the 2022 Maseratis and Mercedes? Can’t that meet in the middle. Get the old 2021, and cut the classes for more competitive playoffs. Sometimes you have to sacrifice 

47 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

The fact that Sebring and Merritt Island can make a state semi final is a travesty and a mockery of HSFB. This is definitive proof that the classes are way too watered down and the FHSAA has to intervene. Something has got to be done. At some point someone has to call out the greed. I get consolidating classes will lessen the amount of playoff games as a whole and that where a chunk of the money gets laundered to the FHSAA big wigs. But come on. Do they really need the 2022 Maseratis and Mercedes? Can’t that meet in the middle. Get the old 2021, and cut the classes for more competitive playoffs. Sometimes you have to sacrifice 

Too many damn classes, LMAO!

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I'm sorry did you just say the #1 seeded team in 5A shouldn't be in the playoffs?  A team with the second or third most playoff appearances in state history?  Right...

Also if anything they should split the private & public schools in playoffs.  Everyone should be going on the same rules (at least on paper).

43 minutes ago, Airek said:

I'm sorry did you just say the #1 seeded team in 5A shouldn't be in the playoffs?  A team with the second or third most playoff appearances in state history?  Right...

Also if anything they should split the private & public schools in playoffs.  Everyone should be going on the same rules (at least on paper).

Welcome to the Board.  I'll let the others address your first point.

As for your second point, are you under the impression that public schools and private schools play by different rules?   Not according to the FHSAA.  In theory, the FHSAA rules apply to both public and private schools - contrary to what many people think and contrary, perhaps, to what happens in reality. 

48 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Welcome to the Board.  I'll let the others address your first point.

As for your second point, are you under the impression that public schools and private schools play by different rules?   Not according to the FHSAA.  In theory, the FHSAA rules apply to both public and private schools - contrary to what many people think and contrary, perhaps, to what happens in reality. 

Why baker County driving over 5 hours to get blown out by Miami Central. They can save money not going, everyone would understand. Nobody would be upset with them. 

County’s left for the finals

Madison - Madison County

Hawthorne - Alachua 

TC - Duval

Champagnat - Dade

Berkeley - Hillsborough 

Chaminade - Broward 

Cocoa - Brevard

Gibbons - Broward 

MC - Dade 

MI - Brevard 

Jesuit - Hillsborough