America Heritage vs Miami Central

FBGUY1989

On 11/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, Jullian said:

I’ve always found that when a fan starts with the “cheating” chant, they’ve either lost the game, or in case they do lose, they have their excuse ready.........Last night a team lost 35-7 & the fan said if it weren’t for the refs cheating, they woulda won......

Refs are human beings like all of us and are prone to make mistakes like all of us.  Cheating isn't what I would ever accuse a ref of, but making bad calls we see week in and week out at every level:  HS, college and NFL. That said, when missed calls appear to only go one way it does get fans riled up.  Case in point was our game at Newsome Friday.  We had 80 yds in penalties called the first half alone and an additional probably 40 or more in the second half.  Most of these were warranted, but 3 pass interference calls were extremely dubious to those like me in the stands and after viewing the video broadcast on NFHS it confirms it.  Video is not great but good enough to see the play and make a judgement.  Two of the three PI wipeout interceptions by our team, one in the red zone which would have probably led to an additional score.  So they not only kept the opponents drive alive, but took those two additional possessions away from us.  It kept the game closer than it should have been although Newsome is an extremely good team with an off the chart kicker. They did call penalties on them, but less than half and most of the time not costly.

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Refs are human beings like all of us and are prone to make mistakes like all of us.  Cheating isn't what I would ever accuse a ref of, but making bad calls we see week in and week out at every level:  HS, college and NFL. That said, when missed calls appear to only go one way it does get fans riled up.  Case in point was our game at Newsome Friday.  We had 80 yds in penalties called the first half alone and an additional probably 40 or more in the second half.  Most of these were warranted, but 3 pass interference calls were extremely dubious to those like me in the stands and after viewing the video broadcast on NFHS it confirms it.  Video is not great but good enough to see the play and make a judgement.  Two of the three PI wipeout interceptions by our team, one in the red zone which would have probably led to an additional score.  So they not only kept the opponents drive alive, but took those two additional possessions away from us.  It kept the game closer than it should have been although Newsome is an extremely good team with an off the chart kicker. They did call penalties on them, but less than half and most of the time not costly.

Ray, how would you describe the demeanor of the current Osceola Head Coach during a football game? 

3 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Ray, how would you describe the demeanor of the current Osceola Head Coach during a football game? 

Excellent, he has been a long time assistant prior to getting the job this year and follows precedent from Coach Nichols.  They don't argue calls, berate officials or any of that; if they disagree with a call they respectfully seek clarification to get a better understanding.  I think they know like most of us how tough a job it is.  His comment regarding the officiating for that specific night to both the Orlando Sentinel and our local Osceola News Gazette was the same; they called the game tight, despite the reporter questioning these very 3 penalties I have highlighted.  

Just now, Ray Icaza said:

Excellent, he has been a long time assistant prior to getting the job this year and follows precedent from Coach Nichols.  They don't argue calls, berate officials or any of that; if they disagree with a call they respectfully seek clarification to get a better understanding.  I think they know like most of us how tough a job it is.  His comment regarding the officiating for that specific night to both the Orlando Sentinel and our local Osceola News Gazette was the same; they called the game tight, despite the reporter questioning these very 3 penalties I have highlighted.  

All right, thank you. I would be very weary of a reporter questioning the officiating though. Especially from the Orlando Sentinel.  

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Oh no doubt there are bad calls but saying the refs are gonna cheat even b4 the game starts is juvenile, AT BEST!!!!

1 minute ago, Jambun82 said:

All right, thank you. I would be very weary of a reporter questioning the officiating though. Especially from the Orlando Sentinel.  

I am not questioning the officiating because of a reporter but because I watched the game closely and didn't agree with the calls.  We have a ball hawking secondary that leads central Florida in picks (18) with Bo Mascoe having 7 himself and although they are good they benefit from great pressure specifically from John Walker(DT).  I am sure our coach didn't agree with any of those 3 PI calls but didn't challenge the refs on any of them.

8 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

I am not questioning the officiating because of a reporter but because I watched the game closely and didn't agree with the calls.  We have a ball hawking secondary that leads central Florida in picks (18) with Bo Mascoe having 7 himself and although they are good they benefit from great pressure specifically from John Walker(DT).  I am sure our coach didn't agree with any of those 3 PI calls but didn't challenge the refs on any of them.

I will say that reading body language it was very demoralizing for our kids to say the least.  Coaches encouraged them to just play thru it and not let it get them down.

I’ve always found that when a fan starts with the “cheating” chant, they’ve either lost the game, or in case they do lose, they have their excuse ready.........Last night a team lost 35-7 & the fan said if it weren’t for the refs cheating, they woulda won......

So who u got 

My pride wants AHP to win this for broward county, but the patriots are so banged up plus over all I look at the tickets as the overall better team. 

i see this as a 34-24 type game in favor of Miami central, I believe the patriots defense is gonna allow them to keep the game interesting especially at home, but I don’t believe the patriots will have enough horses on offense to put score the rockets. 

stranger things have happen tho and if Friday night end up being one of those nights I see AHP winning 21-17. 

15 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Ray, I haven't seen any film from the game, so I'm just going off what you have posted.  Newsome tends to be one of the more disciplined teams in the area year in and year out.   So, it doesn't surprise me that a visiting team (any visiting team) racked up more penalty yards. 

That said, if I'm a Newsome coach and I've seen game film of the Kowboys, and I know they have a strong "ball-hawking secondary," there's a good chance that I'm going to take a couple of minutes before the game and plant a seed with the officials by telling them that my opponent's secondary is very aggressive and often-times arrives at the ball a little early ("I'd appreciate it if you'd keep a close eye on numbers "__" and "___" as they tend to be the main offenders").  Oh, and knowing my DB's aren't quite as athletic, I'd then close my comments by say "Of course, we expect you to make the calls both ways."   Boom.  Seed planted.   The first time the ref sees one of those players arrive at the ball a tad bit early, out comes the yellow hankie.  Then, having made the call the first time, and knowing how much coaches want officials to be consistent, the same back judge will make the same call two or three more times over the course of the game. 

I'd expect the next opponent's coach to do the same thing.   Only this time, when he's meeting with the officials before the game, he can add something along the lines of " . . .  these guys have been doing it all season; heck, they got called for PI 4-5 times in their last game alone.  Maybe they'll clean it up tonight, but all I'm asking is that you guys keep a close eye out for their DB's making contact with my receivers before the ball gets there." 

Good luck this week.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:12 PM, FBGUY1989 said:

So American Heritage will host Miami Central next week and from what I've been reading it's already problems. Central cheerleaders and marching band has been banned from entering the stadium and the ref's are getting paid to cheat.

Any thoughts on the match up you guys 

Yo, what's the going rate for getting the refs to cheat in favor of your team?   Do you have to pay all of them or just one or two of them?  What happens if one team pays one ref and the other team pays a different ref in the same crew?  Oh, and do you have to pay the white hat more than the other guys?  Last question:  are these all cash transactions or do any of the officials take credit cards?  Venmo maybe?  That would be more convenient for me. 

Asking for a friend.  B)

15 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Ray, I haven't seen any film from the game, so I'm just going off what you have posted.  Newsome tends to be one of the more disciplined teams in the area year in and year out.   So, it doesn't surprise me that a visiting team (any visiting team) racked up more penalty yards. 

That said, if I'm a Newsome coach and I've seen game film of the Kowboys, and I know they have a strong "ball-hawking secondary," there's a good chance that I'm going to take a couple of minutes before the game and plant a seed with the officials by telling them that my opponent's secondary is very aggressive and often-times arrives at the ball a little early ("I'd appreciate it if you'd keep a close eye on numbers "__" and "___" as they tend to be the main offenders").  Oh, and knowing my DB's aren't quite as athletic, I'd then close my comments by say "Of course, we expect you to make the calls both ways."   Boom.  Seed planted.   The first time the ref sees one of those players arrive at the ball a tad bit early, out comes the yellow hankie.  Then, having made the call the first time, and knowing how much coaches want officials to be consistent, the same back judge will make the same call two or three more times over the course of the game. 

I'd expect the next opponent's coach to do the same thing.   Only this time, when he's meeting with the officials before the game, he can add something along the lines of " . . .  these guys have been doing it all season; heck, they got called for PI 4-5 times in their last game alone.  Maybe they'll clean it up tonight, but all I'm asking is that you guys keep a close eye out for their DB's making contact with my receivers before the ball gets there." 

Good luck this week.

Normally I agree with your analysis, but I am sure our coach plants the seed every game that our #55 is basically unblockable and gets held every game (the game ended with 2 consecutive sacks by him).  They are a very discipline team and typically would commit less penalties than ours, I accept that.  That said they obviously were frustrated at times as they were flagged on at least 2 occassions for unsportsmanlike conduct.  Neither team in this scenario are familiar with the refs calling the game so we typically get better officiating in the playoffs than we ever do during the regular season with the officials association from central Florida.  I expect that will be the case next week with playoff officials from out of our area.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:30 PM, Ray Icaza said:

All right, that sounds good to me Ray. By the way, I haven't forgotten about the autograph that I owe you so don't worry. 

14 hours ago, Perspective said:

Yo, what's the going rate for getting the refs to cheat in favor of your team?   Do you have to pay all of them or just one or two of them?  What happens if one team pays one ref and the other team pays a different ref in the same crew?  Oh, and do you have to pay the white hat more than the other guys?  Last question:  are these all cash transactions or do any of the officials take credit cards?  Venmo maybe?  That would be more convenient for me. 

Asking for a friend.  B)

Lol, Perspective is trying to reason with the unreasonable. F. Lee Bailey, Clarence Darrow, and Perry Mason would be proud of you! 

I picked central to win 34-24, but aye just want to say congrats to all of the Miami dade teams that moved on to the next round. 

MNW,MC,HOMESTEAD,KILLIAN,COLUMBUS,PALMETTO, champgnat, Gulliver prep. 

no matter what happens in the regular season, when playoff time hit one thing I can say y’all boys from dade just seem to always tap into that “iT FACTOR” & sadly that’s something you can’t coach. 

broward county - most of our schools, have very talented teams which transfers to nice regular season records but when it comes to the playoffs & they have to face a team from dade, it’s always dade taking it to another level that teams from broward struggle to get to. 

& it’s not like both counties, don’t have gangs,hoods,poverties,low income families, players trying to make it out of a tough environment, but yet when it’s all said & done it’s the dade schools that prevail. 

we get on dade a lot because of their trash talk & disrespect of broward county including me cuz I can’t stand it but they talk like that because they know year after year they have backed it up, nonetheless congrats to dade county as a whole if y’all don’t know how to do anything else y’all know how to win & play championship football. 

30 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I picked central to win 34-24, but aye just want to say congrats to all of the Miami dade teams that moved on to the next round. 

no matter what happens in the regular season, when playoff time hit one thing I can say y’all boys from dade just seem to always tap into that “iT FACTOR” & sadly that’s something you can’t coach. 

broward county - most of our schools, have very talented teams which transfers to nice regular season records but when it comes to the playoffs & they have to face a team from dade, it’s always dade taking it to another level that teams from broward struggle to get to. 

& it’s not like both counties, don’t have gangs,hoods,poverties,low income families, players trying to make it out of a tough environment, but yet when it’s all said & done it’s the dade schools that prevail. 

we get on dade a lot because of their trash talk & disrespect of broward county including me cuz I can’t stand it but they talk like that because they know year after year they have backed it up, nonetheless congrats to dade county as a whole if y’all don’t know how to do anything else y’all know how to win & play championship football. 

Well stated 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

thank you sir. well said. s/o all of south florida!! i wish we could all make it tbr just to show the rest of the state but sadly we are pinned against eachother every year which makes for some exciting football but also much disappointment. good luck next year