Final Dillard 14 Homestead 28

THIS_IS_DILLARD

18 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

I am a supporter of all of dade but 71st street is my home. I can see dillard winning by 10+ tho if they come to play

If we do which I believe we will I can see a 35-14 type of win for Dillard. 

but since you’re from dade give me a little run down about homestead since nobody down this way here about them, I notice they don’t have a big following at their games home or away ? 

now because they know they’re playing a powerhouse from broward this week they manage to get the whole exit1 out to support lol but even last week I saw a lot of empty seats on their side & that was a playoff game. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If we do which I believe we will I can see a 35-14 type of win for Dillard. 

but since you’re from dade give me a little run down about homestead since nobody down this way here about them, I notice they don’t have a big following at their games home or away ? 

now because they know they’re playing a powerhouse from broward this week they manage to get the whole exit1 out to support lol but even last week I saw a lot of empty seats on their side & that was a playoff game. 

honestly can’t even tell you much about what goes on down south. i guess homestead has been down so long fans just dont wanna come or it could be moreso be down south in general minus columbus. even that gmac championship when the downsouth teams played at traz they barely had anyone in the stands. its sad honestly. up top tho in the city we show all the love to our schools… (mnw/cent/cc/booker t) hell we can even throw edison in the mix. idk whats going on down there my friend although i hope it changes come these last few rounds of the playoffs

54 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

honestly can’t even tell you much about what goes on down south. i guess homestead has been down so long fans just dont wanna come or it could be moreso be down south in general minus columbus. even that gmac championship when the downsouth teams played at traz they barely had anyone in the stands. its sad honestly. up top tho in the city we show all the love to our schools… (mnw/cent/cc/booker t) hell we can even throw edison in the mix. idk whats going on down there my friend although i hope it changes come these last few rounds of the playoffs

Even then when it comes down to the west & etc they only show support when the team is doing good if the west or central was 2-8 

traz would be a good town, but aye we will see how homestead fans coming cuz I’m sure you know how Dillard travel. 

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

All the schools you've mentioned are black and been prodiamately black since the 70's except Booker T. and Northwestern them two are historically black. Also they all have had or still have winning programs except Edison and as for Homestead they are rarely this good and when you have to complete with South Dade, Southridge, Palmetto, Killian and Columbus it makes it very difficult. If I was Dillard I wouldn't sleep on Homestead but I do see Dillard winning.

1 minute ago, FBGUY1989 said:

All the schools you've mentioned are black and been prodiamately black since the 70's except Booker T. and Northwestern them two are historically black. Also they all have had or still have winning programs except Edison and as for Homestead they are rarely this good and when you have to complete with South Dade, Southridge, Palmetto, Killian and Columbus it makes it very difficult. If I was Dillard I wouldn't sleep on Homestead but I do see Dillard winning.

We ain’t sleeping on nobody anybody in our way gotta get this work 

A little historical information on Dillard:

The Old Dillard High School, also known as the Colored School or Walker Elementary, is an historic school in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It is located at 1001 Northwest 4th Street. The first school building in Broward County for black students (earlier schools had no building), it was built in 1924 by Cayot & Hart and the architect was John Morris Peterman.[3] On February 20, 1991, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It is the oldest surviving black school in Fort Lauderdale, and is named for black education advocate James H. Dillard. The Old Dillard Museum is located in the high school, which was built in 1923 as the city's first school for blacks. The museum's exhibits focuses on the city's African American history and culture.

I do believe, however, that there are now non-black students at Dillard. Possibly "This_Is_Dillard" can confirm this. 

17 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

A little historical information on Dillard:

The Old Dillard High School, also known as the Colored School or Walker Elementary, is an historic school in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It is located at 1001 Northwest 4th Street. The first school building in Broward County for black students (earlier schools had no building), it was built in 1924 by Cayot & Hart and the architect was John Morris Peterman.[3] On February 20, 1991, it was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places. It is the oldest surviving black school in Fort Lauderdale, and is named for black education advocate James H. Dillard. The Old Dillard Museum is located in the high school, which was built in 1923 as the city's first school for blacks. The museum's exhibits focuses on the city's African American history and culture.

I do believe, however, that there are now non-black students at Dillard. Possibly "This_Is_Dillard" can confirm this. 

I read on Wikipedia that Dillard was a white man

36 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I read on Wikipedia that Dillard was a white man

You're correct. James Dillard was a the son of slaveholders and Caucasian. In his later years he was an advocate for raising the quality of education for black people and the reason for the school being named after him. 

17 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

You're correct. James Dillard was a the son of slaveholders and Caucasian. In his later years he was an advocate for raising the quality of education for black people and the reason for the school being named after him. 

All interesting & correct info but let’s keep this all about this fridays matchup I don’t want the thread to get locked. 

but to answer your question yes they’re a lot of Caucasian kids that attend Dillard Dillard is still 85 to 90% African American but Caucasian kids to attend. 

31 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

All interesting & correct info but let’s keep this all about this fridays matchup I don’t want the thread to get locked. 

but to answer your question yes they’re a lot of Caucasian kids that attend Dillard Dillard is still 85 to 90% African American but Caucasian kids to attend. 

I believe that Dillard is a Charter School so it would allow out of district students.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Ima just ignore that statement, what’s your thoughts on the actual matchup 

Dillard's front seven, especially their interior two on the D-line are going to make life hell for Homestead's running game. From what I saw when they played Venice last year they run the ball a lot and throw a lot of short- quick developing passes to get their speedy receivers into space. Not much play action, but occasionally they will try to take shots so Dillard has to tabulate that as well. Can't give up yards on sloppy mistakes; also cannot look ahead to a possible rematch with STA. One game at a time is the key.  As long as they play disciplined ball, Dillard should have no issues in dispatching the Broncos.  

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Ima just ignore that statement, what’s your thoughts on the actual matchup 

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

So, as far as the game is concerned, I have not seen either team play.  It would appear that Dillard has the better team.  I know you've said that you're not looking ahead to STA, but Dillard is a high school team with high school players and it wouldn't surprise me if the 16, 17 and 18 year old kids on the team are already looking past Friday night to the STA rematch.  Assuming they play tomorrow night with a sense of purpose and focus, I'll say Dillard wins by 2 TD's (and since I have absolutely no idea who the the Dillard kicker is, much less his or her ethnicity), I won't make a prediction as to whether Dillard make the extra points, and win by 14, or misses both kicks, and wins by 12. Either way, you get your rematch with STA next week. 

1 minute ago, Perspective said:

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. 

So, as far as the game is concerned, I have not seen either team play.  It would appear that Dillard has the better team.  I know you've said that you're not looking ahead to STA, but Dillard is a high school team with high school players and it wouldn't surprise me if the 16, 17 and 18 year old kids on the team are already looking past Friday night to the STA rematch.  Assuming they play tomorrow night with a sense of purpose and focus, I'll say Dillard wins by 2 TD's (and since I have absolutely no idea who the the Dillard kicker is, much less his or her ethnicity), I won't make a prediction as to whether Dillard make the extra points, and win by 14, or misses both kicks, and wins by 12. Either way, you get your rematch with STA next week. 

Lol we actually have a decent kicker lol finally, and I agree some of the players could possibly be looking ahead but with the way homestead has been talking about how they own broward and how Dillard has struggled vs dade teams in the past I believe Dillard wants to show the world they can beat up on dade teams as well. So I believe Dillard will be focused. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol we actually have a decent kicker lol finally, and I agree some of the players could possibly be looking ahead but with the way homestead has been talking about how they own broward and how Dillard has struggled vs dade teams in the past I believe Dillard wants to show the world they can beat up on dade teams as well. So I believe Dillard will be focused. 

Homestead own Broward!!!! Since when? They don’t even own homestead........One year of success & they talkin dung! Lol

FiNAL Dillard 14 homestead 28 I’m mad As Hell! I’m so upset I got tears  in my eyes 

We were the overall better team man, we just made to MANY mistakes to be the better team tonight, DAM BROOO!!

we made to many mistakes we came away we NO points when we were at their 4 yard line, we dropped a easy pick 6 that would’ve gave us the lead & over all our offensive game plan was vanilla as hell especially against aggressive defense just like ours.

homestead threw things at Dillard that thy looked I’ll prepared for, the Qb option bit them in the ass again & on top it all we couldn’t stop getting penalized.

all recipes to lose a second round playoff game on the road, I know I’m going to get all the I told you so’s , that’s why Dillard need to play tougher comp etc etc & I welcome it all because tonight we played like we were the underdog instead of punching them in the mouth. 

congrats to homestead they played with a edge Dillard just couldn’t seem to match on this rainy night in homestead & with that said I’m hurt as fu** right now, but mad more then anything. Smfh. 

FiNAL Dillard 14 homestead 28 I’m mad As Hell! I’m so upset I got tears  in my eyes 

We were the overall better team man, we just made to MANY mistakes to be the better team tonight, DAM BROOO!!

we made to many mistakes we came away we NO points when we were at their 4 yard line, we dropped a easy pick 6 that would’ve gave us the lead & over all our offensive game plan was vanilla as hell especially against aggressive defense just like ours.

homestead threw things at Dillard that thy looked I’ll prepared for, the Qb option bit them in the ass again & on top it all we couldn’t stop getting penalized.

all recipes to lose a second round playoff game on the road, I know I’m going to get all the I told you so’s , that’s why Dillard need to play tougher comp etc etc & I welcome it all because tonight we played like we were the underdog instead of punching them in the mouth. 

congrats to homestead they played with a edge Dillard just couldn’t seem to match on this rainy night in homestead & with that said I’m hurt as fu** right now, but mad more then anything. Smfh.