Final Dillard 14 Homestead 28

THIS_IS_DILLARD

9 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Gotta remember Homestead is playing just to play in my opinion. I don’t think they've been this talented before and made it this far before. I know I've stated don’t sleep on down south schools but people generally think of Columbus, South Dade, Killian, Southridge and Palmetto not Homestead. Heck Homestead might just get blown out against St. Thomas and might be alright with it because they made it this far. Again good job Dillard and hope y'all do good again next year 

Thanks bro, we will be ready to run it back next year and if it’s homestead again so be it let’s line it up, but I believe I heard somewhere this district alignment was only for one year ?

43 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

They didn’t try anything new to get him open they went with their same game plan as usus, then 85 percent of the time our Qb was getting sacked. 

and when he or the other WR was wide open they dropped the balls every time as the crowd continue to yell DRY OFF THE BALLS for the players, Dillard struggled on offense all night because of it. 

which is a trend because in 2019 vs Miami central in the third round it rained all night and our offense struggled all night and lost 35-0

in 2017 we faced carol city in the 1st round it rained all night long and our offense struggled all night long and we lost 21-0 to the chiefs. 

you can tell homestead knew they had a disadvantage in the trenches so they counteracted that by running plays that would be effective, Qb options, pulling the offense right as of your running but yet you’re throwing it 30 yards over the top of the defense. 

where as in our offense your on 2 & 10 and you’re throwing to the flat behind the sticks which gets blew up in the back field smh. 

if this was a dry field on a dry night I believe that pack 6 would’ve been caught and a lot of more open passes that would’ve led to points would’ve been caught. But none of that should be used an excuse and won’t be coming from me because Dillard should know playing in south Florida what time it is especially this time of year & should’ve came in prepared, they wasn’t and homestead did what they were suppose to as a #2 seed in front of their home fans. 

Thanks @THIS_IS_DILLARD! Try to keep your head up. Coaches definitely should have had multiple towels to try to keep the ball dry. All in all Dillard had a great season and one of the best defenses in the state. 8 shutouts in 12 games is unheard of.  So hats off to that.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Thanks bro, we will be ready to run it back next year and if it’s homestead again so be it let’s line it up, but I believe I heard somewhere this district alignment was only for one year ?

If so would you like for Dillard to stay in 7A or move up or down.

1 minute ago, FBGUY1989 said:

If so would you like for Dillard to stay in 7A or move up or down.

Tbh it would be challenges in any class unless we were in 2A

So to me to it wouldn’t matter where we’re at we just need to be READY! wether it’s STA,MC,MNW,homestead whoever Period I don’t want us ducking nobody!! That’s not the DILLARD HIGH DNA.

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Tbh it would be challenges in any class unless we were in 2A

So to me to it wouldn’t matter where we’re at we just need to be READY! wether it’s STA,MC,MNW,homestead whoever Period I don’t want us ducking nobody!! That’s not the DILLARD HIGH DNA.

Honest opinion I think Dillard would do good in 8A. Now St. Thomas won't be in your way but you could still schedule them in a regular season game.