Bradford 14-Pahokee 21

561_Fan

4 hours ago, Perspective said:

For what it's worth, I reached out to the FHSAA and asked which controls for the semifinal games -- the online brackets or the reseeding based on RPI.   I got back a response that made no mention of the brackets.  Instead, it simply confirmed as follows:

4.7.2.3.2 State Semifinals (a) Dates and Times. See the football webpage at FHSAA.com.

(b) Bracketing. Teams will be seeded based on the RPI Ranking at the conclusion of the regular season.

The one (1) seed will play the four (4) seed and the two (2) seed will play the three (3) seed.

(c) Host Schools. Teams with the highest regular season RPI Ranking will be designated “home” team

I'm not saying I'm 100% right on this one, but I'm sure not going to say I'm wrong.  B)

(b) Bracketing. Teams will be seeded based on the RPI Ranking at the conclusion of the regular season.

It kind of says it all right there.

4 hours ago, Joshua Wilson said:

The MaxPreps brackets ARE the official FHSAA brackets as well... 

So yeah please send my payment... 

They are not official as in showing that rpi will reseed after the regional finals. If you look at them you would think that the brackets are already set through the state championship. 

12 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Semi Says 25 plays 26 - 27 plays 28 and the final says 29 plays 30. Teams are already placed in their slots. RPI is done. 

I respectfully disagree.   Within each class, there are four regions.   Those regions were set up before the season began and there was no deviation when the playoffs started.    In other words, you didn't have teams from one of the four districts in Region 2 competing in the Region 1 playoffs, the Region 3 playoffs or the Region 4 playoffs and vice versa.  For each class, all the teams in Region 1 came from the four districts in Region 1.   And all eight of the teams within Region 1 competed for the Regional championship, which would give them one of the four semifinal spots in that class.   All the teams in Region 2 competed for the Region 2 title and one of four spots in the semis.  Same for Regions 3 and 4.  

During regional play, geography and RPI work together.  Only the teams in Region 1 compete in the Regional 1 playoffs - the four district winners (seeded one through four based on their RPI's as of the end of the season) and the four "wildcard" teams (i.e., the top four teams - based on RPI - from all of the other teams in the four districts within that particular region that didn't win a district title).  

Come Saturday morning, there will be a four regional champs for each classification.   At that point, you essentially reshuffle the deck.  You take the four regional winners and you compare their respective RPI's (as of the end of the regular season) to determine their respective seeding.   Then, regardless of the number of the region and regardless of geography, No. 1 seed hosts the No. 4 seed and the No. 2 seed hosts the No. 3 seed.  The two winners then play each other in the state finals for that class. 

In my opinion, the brackets that appear on the FHSAA website should not make any references to Winner G25 vs. Winner G26 and Winner G27 vs. Winner G28, because that's not how it's going to work.  Instead, for the semifinal teams, it should list a No. 1 seed, a No. 2 seed, a No. 3 seed and a No. 4 seed and for each one, it should say "TBD" until the four regional winners have been determined.   Otherwise, people are going to see what's in the brackets on the website and reach the same conclusion that many have reached.   

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

Just say Baker gets the #1 seed and Pahokee gets the #4 seed. That looks very crazy to have a team like Pahokee to travel to Baker when they should travel to Union County and Mad Co. goes to Baker. The logistics for the school would be very stupid of the FHSAA to put that burden on a school like Pahokee.

5 hours ago, BigBoyBall said:

Just say Baker gets the #1 seed and Pahokee gets the #4 seed. That looks very crazy to have a team like Pahokee to travel to Baker when they should travel to Union County and Mad Co. goes to Baker. The logistics for the school would be very stupid of the FHSAA to put that burden on a school like Pahokee.

Trust me, these types of scenarios were presented to the FHSAA and they chose to go with the new system anyways. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Trust me, these types of scenarios were presented to the FHSAA and they chose to go with the new system anyways. 

Baker will not be the number one seed union and land is in front of them so pk will not have to worry about that let’s say these team win union 1 baker 2 madco 3 pk 4 1 would play 4 2 play 3 

1 hour ago, Football fan said:

Baker will not be the number one seed union and land is in front of them so pk will not have to worry about that let’s say these team win union 1 baker 2 madco 3 pk 4 1 would play 4 2 play 3 

What you have written is correct.  There is no way Baker can be a No. 1 seed, as their RPI is behind both Chiefland's and Union Co.'s (who play each other Friday night).   At best, Baker could be a No. 2 seed (behind the Chiefland/Union winner and assuming that both Pahokee and MadCo win). 

But, let's say Baker, Bountstown, and Pahokee all win Friday night:  Blounstown would be the No. 1 seed, the Chiefland/Union winner would be the No. 2 seed, Baker would be the No. 3 seed and Pahokee would be the No. 4 seed.   In that scenario, Pahokee would still have to travel to Blountstown (instead of Baker), but Blountstown appears to be about two hours closer than Baker would be. 

Geographically speaking, it makes a lot more sense for the Region 1 and Region 2 champs to play each other (the battle of the panhandle, if you will), while the Region 3 and 4 champs battle it out.   But, that's not the way it's working now unless Baker and Blountstown win 1 and 2 and Hawthorne wins Region 4 (doesn't matter who wins Region 3).  

37 minutes ago, Perspective said:

What you have written is correct.  There is no way Baker can be a No. 1 seed, as their RPI is behind both Chiefland's and Union Co.'s (who play each other Friday night).   At best, Baker could be a No. 2 seed (behind the Chiefland/Union winner and assuming that both Pahokee and MadCo win). 

But, let's say Baker, Bountstown, and Pahokee all win Friday night:  Blounstown would be the No. 1 seed, the Chiefland/Union winner would be the No. 2 seed, Baker would be the No. 3 seed and Pahokee would be the No. 4 seed.   In that scenario, Pahokee would still have to travel to Blountstown (instead of Baker), but Blountstown appears to be about two hours closer than Baker would be. 

Geographically speaking, it makes a lot more sense for the Region 1 and Region 2 champs to play each other (the battle of the panhandle, if you will), while the Region 3 and 4 champs battle it out.   But, that's not the way it's working now unless Baker and Blountstown win 1 and 2 and Hawthorne wins Region 4 (doesn't matter who wins Region 3).  

Blountstown losing, but yeah many options could happen. 

On 11/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, Perspective said:

Jesse, the best MadCo can hope for if they beat Blountstown is a No. 2 seed in the State semifinals (i.e., the final four). 

In Region I, Baker had a better RPI than MadCo when the regular season ended, which is all that matters.  Chipley did not.

In Region III, both Chiefland and Union Co. have better RPI's than MadCo. 

In Region IV, Hawthorne has a better RPI than MadCo, but MadCo has a slightly better one than Pahokee. 

So even if the four road teams (Chipley, MadCo, Union Co. and Pahokee) win all four regional titles next week, the winner of the Chiefland/Union County game would have the best RPI and thus would end up the No. 1 seed in the final four.  The best MadCo could hope for would be a No. 2 seed, in which case they would host the semifinal game (against Pahokee) before playing the Championship game in Tallahassee. 

If the current seeding holds true is Regions I, III, and IV,  Baker County will beat Chipley, Chiefland will beat Union Co. and Hawthorne will beat Pahokee.   If that were to happen, and if MadCo beats Blountstown, MadCo would be the No. 4 seed and would travel to Hawthorne for the semifinals. 

At least that's how I understand it.

So columbia fan and Dillard fan aren't coming back until next year???

On 11/22/2021 at 5:10 PM, Perspective said:

I respectfully disagree.   Within each class, there are four regions.   Those regions were set up before the season began and there was no deviation when the playoffs started.    In other words, you didn't have teams from one of the four districts in Region 2 competing in the Region 1 playoffs, the Region 3 playoffs or the Region 4 playoffs and vice versa.  For each class, all the teams in Region 1 came from the four districts in Region 1.   And all eight of the teams within Region 1 competed for the Regional championship, which would give them one of the four semifinal spots in that class.   All the teams in Region 2 competed for the Region 2 title and one of four spots in the semis.  Same for Regions 3 and 4.  

During regional play, geography and RPI work together.  Only the teams in Region 1 compete in the Regional 1 playoffs - the four district winners (seeded one through four based on their RPI's as of the end of the season) and the four "wildcard" teams (i.e., the top four teams - based on RPI - from all of the other teams in the four districts within that particular region that didn't win a district title).  

Come Saturday morning, there will be a four regional champs for each classification.   At that point, you essentially reshuffle the deck.  You take the four regional winners and you compare their respective RPI's (as of the end of the regular season) to determine their respective seeding.   Then, regardless of the number of the region and regardless of geography, No. 1 seed hosts the No. 4 seed and the No. 2 seed hosts the No. 3 seed.  The two winners then play each other in the state finals for that class. 

In my opinion, the brackets that appear on the FHSAA website should not make any references to Winner G25 vs. Winner G26 and Winner G27 vs. Winner G28, because that's not how it's going to work.  Instead, for the semifinal teams, it should list a No. 1 seed, a No. 2 seed, a No. 3 seed and a No. 4 seed and for each one, it should say "TBD" until the four regional winners have been determined.   Otherwise, people are going to see what's in the brackets on the website and reach the same conclusion that many have reached.   

Again, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. 

Just seems like the final would have a North region vs a South region but, I do see why they would use RPI seeds for the final 4 instead of using the North vs brackets. To insure the best 2 teams face off for the finals and not a team that slid through easier brackets.

Thanks for sheading the light so that I could see it better. It took me awhile because I couldn't get past the way it used to be, North vs South. At the start I just couldn't see past 2 teams from the South playing for the championship... or 2 from the North but, it makes sense the way they set it up.