WEST ORANGE DEFEATS OSCEOLA IN THE REMATCH

Ray Icaza

What a defensive struggle as both sides dominated the offense the entire game.  Difference in the game again was too many turnovers by OHS especially a bad punt snap deep in our territory that led to a safety .  West Orange managed one sustained drive the entire game for the only offensive TD.  Osceola managed one sustain drive the entire game for their only TD. Game was 9-7 with 18 seconds left in the game and we tried a desperation play and turned it over for the 4th or 5th time deep in our territory and they turned it into a TD with time expiring.   Final of 16-7 doesn't reflect the fact that outcome was still in doubt till the final seconds. Congrats to them getting the win, but I still feel we were the better team but again self-inflicted wounds was the difference.  Future looks bright for Osceola as they now have a year with a returning offensive line of underclassmen (Freshmen, sophs and  juniors) 7 or 8 deep; only loss on the OL is a senior we moved over from defense at tackle.  We knew that to be our weakness to begin the season and even though they continued to improve throughout the year, they had a tough time matching up with top notch DL like Cocoa and West Orange.  Our defense should be just as strong if not better returning most key players including 4 starters in the DL, including both 4* prospects John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc each with dozens of offers including Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas, etc...  Great season for our Kowboys, so hold your heads high as you made your fans proud.  GO KOWBOYS.

26 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

What a defensive struggle as both sides dominated the offense the entire game.  Difference in the game again was too many turnovers by OHS especially a bad punt snap deep in our territory that led to a safety .  West Orange managed one sustained drive the entire game for the only offensive TD.  Osceola managed one sustain drive the entire game for their only TD. Game was 9-7 with 18 seconds left in the game and we tried a desperation play and turned it over for the 4th or 5th time deep in our territory and they turned it into a TD with time expiring.   Final of 15-7 doesn't reflect the fact that outcome was still in doubt till the final seconds. Congrats to them getting the win, but I still feel we were the better team but again self-inflicted wounds was the difference.  Future looks bright for Osceola as they now have a year with a returning offensive line of underclassmen (Freshmen, sophs and  juniors) 7 or 8 deep; only loss on the OL is a senior we moved over from defense at tackle.  We knew that to be our weakness to begin the season and even though they continued to improve throughout the year, they had a tough time matching up with top notch DL like Cocoa and West Orange.  Our defense should be just as strong if not better returning most key players including 4 starters in the DL, including both 4* prospects John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc each with dozens of offers including Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas, etc...  Great season for our Kowboys, so hold your heads high as you made your fans proud.  GO KOWBOYS.

It's hard to beat a decent team twice.  Unfortunately the Kowboys were on the losing side tonight.  Congrats on a great season.  You'll be back next year.

29 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

What a defensive struggle as both sides dominated the offense the entire game.  Difference in the game again was too many turnovers by OHS especially a bad punt snap deep in our territory that led to a safety .  West Orange managed one sustained drive the entire game for the only offensive TD.  Osceola managed one sustain drive the entire game for their only TD. Game was 9-7 with 18 seconds left in the game and we tried a desperation play and turned it over for the 4th or 5th time deep in our territory and they turned it into a TD with time expiring.   Final of 15-7 doesn't reflect the fact that outcome was still in doubt till the final seconds. Congrats to them getting the win, but I still feel we were the better team but again self-inflicted wounds was the difference.  Future looks bright for Osceola as they now have a year with a returning offensive line of underclassmen (Freshmen, sophs and  juniors) 7 or 8 deep; only loss on the OL is a senior we moved over from defense at tackle.  We knew that to be our weakness to begin the season and even though they continued to improve throughout the year, they had a tough time matching up with top notch DL like Cocoa and West Orange.  Our defense should be just as strong if not better returning most key players including 4 starters in the DL, including both 4* prospects John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc each with dozens of offers including Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Auburn, Texas, etc...  Great season for our Kowboys, so hold your heads high as you made your fans proud.  GO KOWBOYS.

Congrats to the Kowboys on a great season. They’ve noting to be ashamed of. They left it all on the field tonight, clearly. West Orange’s success is short-lived though. Venice will avenge your Kowboys next week. Best of luck next season!

19 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Congrats to the Kowboys on a great season. They’ve noting to be ashamed of. They left it all on the field tonight, clearly. West Orange’s success is short-lived though. Venice will avenge your Kowboys next week. Best of luck next season!

It won't be as easy as you think, they have built their team just like Venice has with all the pieces they need.  They expect to win the whole thing and I will be watching that matchup with great interest.

28 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

It's hard to beat a decent team twice.  Unfortunately the Kowboys were on the losing side tonight.  Congrats on a great season.  You'll be back next year.

Actually the did beat us twice this year, both times at their place.  They will need to re-load with a bunch of transfers again like they did this year to compete at our place next year.

Must say after digesting the scores from last night that the big game in our area next week will definitely be between Seminole and Apopka.  Darter has been pretty mum as his team has steam rolled several opponents including a very good Bartram Trail team with forum members talking about the number of D1 players on defense.  The Darters were favored, but not by much as they had to travel to Jacksonville last night and a 34-3 beatdown clearly tells you who has a "D".   They have several shutouts during the season with a strong schedule.  Nobody is sleeping on them obviously, but at the same time we don't see any boasting on their behalf.  Will be pulling for you guys next week. The winner will most likely represent the north, not throwing shade on Region 2.

56 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Must say after digesting the scores from last night that the big game in our area next week will definitely be between Seminole and Apopka.  Darter has been pretty mum as his team has steam rolled several opponents including a very good Bartram Trail team with forum members talking about the number of D1 players on defense.  The Darters were favored, but not by much as they had to travel to Jacksonville last night and a 34-3 beatdown clearly tells you who has a "D".   They have several shutouts during the season with a strong schedule.  Nobody is sleeping on them obviously, but at the same time we don't see any boasting on their behalf.  Will be pulling for you guys next week. The winner will most likely represent the north, not throwing shade on Region 2.

Thanks! And actually, if we beat Seminole, our opponent in the state semis could be either the Region 2 or Region 3 champs, depending on whether it's Columbus or Palmetto from Region 4 that makes the final 4. Why? Because it's, my understanding that the end of regular season RPI will determine the state semis matchups with 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. As things are now, Apopka would be either the 3rd or 4th seed if they beat Seminole depending on whether it's Columbus or Palmetto. Palmetto outranks Apopka while Columbus is behind Apopka. All of Venice, Treasure Coast and West Orange outrank Apopka. 

Hypothetically, it would be: 1. Venice/Treasure Coast (if WO beats Venice). 2. West Orange (if WO beats Venice, otherwise Treasure Coast if Venice beats WO). 3. Apopka (if Columbus beats Palmetto, otherwise Palmetto will be the 3 seed). 4. Columbus (if they beat Palmetto, otherwise Apopka).

If Seminole beats Apopka, they will be the number 1 seed and will host the winner of the Columbus vs Palmetto game. In that case, Treasure Coast would play either Venice or WO in a semifinal traveling to Venice but hosting WO. 

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Thanks! And actually, if we beat Seminole, our opponent in the state semis could be either the Region 2 or Region 3 champs, depending on whether it's Columbus or Palmetto from Region 4 that makes the final 4. Why? Because it's, my understanding that the end of regular season RPI will determine the state semis matchups with 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. As things are now, Apopka would be either the 3rd or 4th seed if they beat Seminole depending on whether it's Columbus or Palmetto. Palmetto outranks Apopka while Columbus is behind Apopka. All of Venice, Treasure Coast and West Orange outrank Apopka. 

Hypothetically, it would be: 1. Venice/Treasure Coast (if WO beats Venice). 2. West Orange (if WO beats Venice, otherwise Treasure Coast if Venice beats WO). 3. Apopka (if Columbus beats Palmetto, otherwise Palmetto will be the 3 seed). 4. Columbus (if they beat Palmetto, otherwise Apopka).

If Seminole beats Apopka, they will be the number 1 seed and will host the winner of the Columbus vs Palmetto game. In that case, Treasure Coast would play either Venice or WO in a semifinal traveling to Venice but hosting WO. 

I disrespectfully left Palm Beach Central out of above. But since they are seeded on slot above TC, just substitute them for TC in the above analysis. In any event, it would have no impact on Apopka's seeding, but would mean playing them instead of TC if Columbus makes the final 4. 

12 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Thanks for the kind words and I agree that we ain't going anywhere next year.  I think the high expectations this year were centered around Chad Mascoe moving back to Kissimmee and providing us with some aerial power.  I tried to be a little more realistic as football is the "Ultimate" team sport and having to replace an entire offensive line outside one returning starter was going to make a championship run challenging.  West Orange is better than people think and I do honestly give them an even chance against Venice based on comparison of one common opponent.  We only lost to Cocoa and WO this year in extremely tight battles; Cocoa beat us at their place 21-20 and lost "AT" Venice 21-20 with a missed PAT.  Cocoa is still tearing up the playoffs and I firmly believe they will take Bolles out next week.  We lose Chad, but bring back a ton including this years Freshman sensation, Taevion Swint.  In my humble opinion are chances are better next year.

4 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Thanks for the kind words and I agree that we ain't going anywhere next year.  I think the high expectations this year were centered around Chad Mascoe moving back to Kissimmee and providing us with some aerial power.  I tried to be a little more realistic as football is the "Ultimate" team sport and having to replace an entire offensive line outside one returning starter was going to make a championship run challenging.  West Orange is better than people think and I do honestly give them an even chance against Venice based on comparison of one common opponent.  We only lost to Cocoa and WO this year in extremely tight battles; Cocoa beat us at their place 21-20 and lost "AT" Venice 21-20 with a missed PAT.  Cocoa is still tearing up the playoffs and I firmly believe they will take Bolles out next week.  We lose Chad, but bring back a ton including this years Freshman sensation, Taevion Swint.  In my humble opinion are chances are better next year.

Good season for Osceola. Tough losses to West Orange, especially in game 2. I don't doubt you will be strong next year.

If Venice takes WO lightly, they will be in for a surprise. However, assuming they don't it will be difficult for WO to beat them at their house. West Orange does not have a tradition of winning big games on the road. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Good season for Osceola. Tough losses to West Orange, especially in game 2. I don't doubt you will be strong next year.

If Venice takes WO lightly, they will be in for a surprise. However, assuming they don't it will be difficult for WO to beat them at their house. West Orange does not have a tradition of winning big games on the road. 

Home Field definitely a big advantage in the playoffs.