Best Florida Dynasties of all time

STARaiders2014

Florida HS football has had some of the greatest dynasties ever in highschool football in the US. Which ones stand out to you? Is it STA from 2007-today? Is it Pahokee in the mid 00s? Union County in the mid 90s? Or do you go back to the Manatee teams of the 80s and early 90s? Would love to hear some of your thoughts 

Guest RiverRat

The one thing to remember about UC, LiveOak and Madison County is they are public schools in rural north central Fl. To go head to head with the private schools in a high population city is a big accomplishment. Madison and UC both are still winning a lot of games and making it to the playoffs.  

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The Cocoa Tigers made a run from 2008 through 2010. Took down some heavies along the way. #1 Abalene Tx, #54 Thomas Jefferson Pa and Olive Branch. They did meet their maker in 2011 when they lost to Colerain Oh, Skyline Tx, W. Monore La and MC Fl.

They should be on the rise again since they have the #1 Sophmore QB in Judson and the fastest RB in Fl in J Dean along with some capable receivers coming back. Their question mark will be the O-line and if they can hold off a decent pass rush.

You can expect another above average defense this year.

• 4 months later...

Doing some Florida schools

1. Lakeland 3 undefeated seasons 2004, 2005 and 2006

2. Miami Northwestern 2 undefeated seasons 2006 and 2007

3. Booker T. Washington 2 undefeated seasons 2007 and 2013, 3 state title appearances in a row 2011, 2012 and 2013 and 3 state titles 2007, 2012, 2013

4. Miami Central 4 state titles in a row and 3 state titles won 2010, 2012 and 2013

5. St. Thomas Aquinas 3 state titles 2007, 2008 and 2010

6. Pahokee 5 state titles appearances in a row 2004-2008 and 4 state titles 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008

• 5 months later...

Well lets talk about a couple of dynasties right now:

Booker T Washington: 3 straight state titles, 4 straight title game apperences. Under now two head coaches all be it father/son still impressive. They do not look to be slowing down anytime soon either! 

Only team playoff wise I can see challenging them next year may be Cocoa and MAYBE Glades Central if they really get their act together.

Miami Central: 3 straight state titles, truthfully it is FIVE straight but since they forfeited the one it is 4 out of 5. Central is another team that has changed HC's and continued their dominance of 6A. 

I think next season they very well could win it all again, they have the talent and coaching to do so! Chocotawatchee who I believe has a coach from NC who won four straight 4A titles here could very well be in the mix.

Mainland will be as well I think. 

• 1 month later...

I know most of this dynasties are determined by titles but I saw the rankings u have Columbia ranked TIED FOR 80TH really, ik its been a while since our championship year but only 2 losing seasons since 86' a 11 playoff run from 93-04, 97-99 reginal finals and state title appearance in 97, second all time in wins right now and until 08 we had most all time wins for about a decade at least why so low in rankings

and also like someone said with suwannee, union county, and madision we are a public school in north rural florida but yet have around 650 victories in our history more then most teams being listed and we don't have a talent pool like those Miami schools or Jacksonville schools have but year after year we seem to put up a average or 7 or 8 wins and make the playoffs and we have 3 undefeated seasons (5 accually if you count a tie in those 2 respective seasons) now only one of them was in playoff era which is probley why we only have one championship but if it had been around back then we could have 5 titles so I think you can bump Columbia up a bit on that ranking.

• 1 month later...

Florida HS football has had some of the greatest dynasties ever in highschool football in the US. Which ones stand out to you? Is it STA from 2007-today? Is it Pahokee in the mid 00s? Union County in the mid 90s? Or do you go back to the Manatee teams of the 80s and early 90s? Would love to hear some of your thoughts 

Dynasties cover greater periods than a decade or two!!! A DYNASTY would be like Valdosta's dominance from the 1940's to the late 1980's!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...