Semi-Finals

CoachK

7 minutes ago, CoachK said:

I understand the thinking here but, having a panhandle team team travel to S Florida or vice versa seems broken. 

I don't disagree. Not sure if enough thought was given to this. Perhaps, they could meet at a neutral site somewhere in the middle. I know that removes some of the intended advantage to the higher seed. 

56 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I don't disagree. Not sure if enough thought was given to this. Perhaps, they could meet at a neutral site somewhere in the middle. I know that removes some of the intended advantage to the higher seed. 

Pahokee has the 8th ranked RPI, so they will have to travel if they win, even though higher ranked teams didn’t beat a playoff team or more than 1 team with a winning record 

1 minute ago, 561_Fan said:

Pahokee has the 8th ranked RPI, so they will have to travel if they win, even though higher ranked teams didn’t beat a playoff team or more than 1 team with a winning record 

Pahokee was punished because they are not a lot of small public schools they could play within 100 miles. Instead, they scheduled a number of larger schools and did very well against them. But paid the price in terms of seeding. It may make sense for Pahokee to petition (if that's still allowed) to play in 4A next reclassification period just to save on travel and get a better seeding in the playoffs. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Pahokee was punished because they are not a lot of small public schools they could play within 100 miles. Instead, they scheduled a number of larger schools and did very well against them. But paid the price in terms of seeding. It may make sense for Pahokee to petition (if that's still allowed) to play in 4A next reclassification period just to save on travel and get a better seeding in the playoffs. 

We’re the only 1A school south of Polk County, so pre RPI there was a lot of travel. Might have to move up a class or two 

33 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

4A cocoa to good, plus booker t, bolles it's ridiculous. But go ahead madco got this

29 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

We’re the only 1A school south of Polk County, so pre RPI there was a lot of travel. Might have to move up a class or two 

Crazy pk going to gainesville this Friday if win go to union county or Madison county next Friday if win tallassee after  man look at them miles 

44 minutes ago, Jesse said:

4A cocoa to good, plus booker t, bolles it's ridiculous. But go ahead madco got this

Pahokee can and would compete in 4A. They've played Cocoa twice in regular season albeit they weren't 100% but the first game was competitive for the most part. Plus they annually play bigger schools anyway

1 hour ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I agree with you because people put labels on numbers and it's not like that. Pahokee is in 1A and can compete with just about anyone in the state. Just this season alone they beat 4 schools all in 8A.

Palm Beach Lakes 

Palm Beach Gardens 

Lake Worth 

Wellington 

16 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I agree with you because people put labels on numbers and it's not like that. Pahokee is in 1A and can compete with just about anyone in the state. Just this season alone they beat 4 schools all in 8A.

Palm Beach Lakes 

Palm Beach Gardens 

Lake Worth 

Wellington 

Them teams decent 

Valdosta, Columbia, Florida high, rickards, 4 teams madison played

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

But yall will never beat college bolles and cocoa or Gibbons  

Only played Bolles once (lost in the finals), but beat Glades Central #1 in 4A that same year. Played Miami BTW (once), Cocoa (twice), Dillard (twice), beat Chaminade more than they have beaten us. Ocala Trinity and Jacksonville Trinity…so playing bigger schools isn’t an issue….Madison played the toughest schedule in 1A and should be the 1 seed, but I guess it’s better to play bottom tier schools to get a good record 

7 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Only played Bolles once (lost in the finals), but beat Glades Central #1 in 4A that same year. Played Miami BTW (once), Cocoa (twice), Dillard (twice), beat Chaminade more than they have beaten us. Ocala Trinity and Jacksonville Trinity…so playing bigger schools isn’t an issue….Madison played the toughest schedule in 1A and should be the 1 seed, but I guess it’s better to play bottom tier schools to get a good record 

Yeah blountstown and baker love easy teams. 

40 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

That is a BIG problem.

That’s why Pahokee played up (3A) in the past. Glades Central is the next, smallest public school and they are 4A, double PKs population. The other small schools in Palm Beach County are private (Benjamin, Cardinal Newman, Oxbridge, Delray-American Heritage, Glades Day).