ROAD WARRIORS, APK & JONES

Ray Icaza

Congrats to Apopka Blue Darters and Jones Tigers for pulling off improbable victories on the road in Championship fashion.  Not that many on here didn't give them a chance as many did, but still a difficult feat to pull out road wins against extremely talented teams.  West Orange not as fortunate as they were only competitive for a half and also found themselves on the short end of the stick with 18 Penalties playing away from home.  Now both the Darters and Tigers have one more long road trip to get to the ultimate prize, so it won't be easy though they have proven to be up to that task.  Good Luck to them both in repping our area and also to Cocoa for the awaited matchup against Bolles.  They have enjoyed the friendly confines of home and will do so next Friday.

Saw a picture from Apopka/Seminole game. The 4th down in overtime, called a touchdown. The pic had no one near the goal line from Apopka. Still picture. Any comments?

Cardinal Gibbons comeback win vs Gulliver Prep was epic. Down by 3 TD’s +, How does a coaching staff keep the players in the game!!!!! Coach Matt DuBuc, one of the best! 

Hawthornes demolition of Pahokee was scary! 

STA’s demolition of a really good Homestead squad was impressive. 

props to the Blue Streaks for shutting down the Tornadoes fierce O. 

Chiefland vs Union County!!! What a game! 

BULLS VS JESUIT......Whatcha think?

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Saw a picture from Apopka/Seminole game. The 4th down in overtime, called a touchdown. The pic had no one near the goal line from Apopka. Still picture. Any comments?

Cardinal Gibbons comeback win vs Gulliver Prep was epic. Down by 3 TD’s +, How does a coaching staff keep the players in the game!!!!! Coach Matt DuBuc, one of the best! 

I think Jesuit is gonna defeat the bulls. Probably the most complete football team from top to bottom in the state! Congrats to STA on a really dominating win... I thought Homestead would at least give them a game! Smh. 

26 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Congrats to Apopka Blue Darters and Jones Tigers for pulling off improbable victories on the road in Championship fashion.  Not that many on here didn't give them a chance as many did, but still a difficult feat to pull out road wins against extremely talented teams.  West Orange not as fortunate as they were only competitive for a half and also found themselves on the short end of the stick with 18 Penalties playing away from home.  Now both the Darters and Tigers have one more long road trip to get to the ultimate prize, so it won't be easy though they have proven to be up to that task.  Good Luck to them both in repping our area and also to Cocoa for the awaited matchup against Bolles.  They have enjoyed the friendly confines of home and will do so next Friday.

I feel sorry for West Orange having to make the almost 4 hour bus ride to Venice the day after Thanksgiving and then all the way back. But that final score is very very misleading. Although it may seem Venice dominated from start to finish, West Orange wasn’t out of the game in the first half and had chances in the third quarter and even in the first few minutes in the 4th to mount a comeback. In their first drive of the second half Orange drove the ball down to Venice’s 12 yard line only to throw a bad interception that cost them a touchdown. Still only 21-7 at that point so while maybe not ideal they  weren't getting squished. Congratulations to the Warriors on a great season. They played really well, but Venice just wears you down by the 4th quarter. Interested to see how they play against Columbus. 

5 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I feel sorry for West Orange having to make the almost 4 hour bus ride to Venice the day after Thanksgiving and then all the way back. But that final score is very very misleading. Although it may seem Venice dominated from start to finish, West Orange wasn’t out of the game in the first half and had chances in the third quarter and even in the first few minutes in the 4th to mount a comeback. In their first drive of the second half Orange drove the ball down to Venice’s 12 yard line only to throw a bad interception that cost them a touchdown. Still only 21-7 at that point so while maybe not ideal they  weren't getting squished. Congratulations to the Warriors on a great season. They played really well, but Venice just wears you down by the 4th quarter. Interested to see how they play against Columbus. 

They earned home field by their consistent performance all year long and in the playoffs it is a huge advantage, particularly if the road trip is over 2 hours long.  Jones has to travel to the panhandle from central Florida while Apopka to the Treasure Coast.  Cardinal Gibbons comeback win was definitely an impressive feat and that is what champions do as Jullian rightly points out.  STA is just STA and no one expected Homestead to have a chance, again playing away from friendly confines.  Most thought the game between Pahokee and Hawthorne would be more competitive, but despite the penalty complaints the result was as Jullian describes "A DEMOLITION".  So hard to blame refs for losing in a game you get run all over in.

36 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Madison will be ready for hawthorne,  they battle tested. Pahokee just quit after too many turnovers. 

Just now, Jesse said:

Madison will be ready for hawthorne,  they battle tested. Pahokee just quit after too many turnovers. 

Just now, Jesse said:

I got to say Jesse, it would be stupid on anyone's part to under estimate the Cowboys as they have played a tough schedule and are not going to be an easy out.

17 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I think your offense will b too much for the Explorers. Should b a decent game though. 

6 minutes ago, skyway said:

Treasure Coast seems like a very tough game for anyone. But, I have a hunch their style of play will be a favorable matchup for Apopka. Apopka is excellent against the run, with a great LB group. Darters have a great shot there IMO. But I think 8A is Venice's to lose.

Good point! 

7 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I think your offense will b too much for the Explorers. Should b a decent game though. 

I’m not looking past them towards Treasure Coast or Apopka, that’s all I will tell you. South Florida teams have always given Venice trouble, even at home (i.e, Cardinal Gibbons and STA.) I think Columbus will give Venice their first tough game of the playoffs albeit in the state semi’s. 

44 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Regarding the still picture you reference in the OT TD by Apopka, I don't have any additional comment other than locally reporters nor opposing coaches have complained about the call.  So would have to assume it was called correctly, but definitely hard to see due to the SCRUM it created.

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m not looking past them towards Treasure Coast or Apopka, that’s all I will tell you. South Florida teams have always given Venice trouble, even at home (i.e, Cardinal Gibbons and STA.) I think Columbus will give Venice their first tough game of the playoffs albeit in the state semi’s. 

Coach Peacock will have em ready! Both teams play the full 4 qtrs. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Regarding the still picture you reference in the OT TD by Apopka, I don't have any additional comment other than locally reporters nor opposing coaches have complained about the call.  So would have to assume it was called correctly, but definitely hard to see due to the SCRUM it created.

Yes agreed. The picture is on ScoreStream & taken 3 yds deep in the endzone. 

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I agree with Jullian, that Columbus doesn't possess the offensive firepower to stay with Venice and their defense is not a physically dominating one either.  Columbus is very well coached, very disciplined and executes at a high level but feel it won't be enough to take Venice out.

6 minutes ago, Jullian said:

TBT vs Lake Gibson should b a great one. 

Bolles vs Cocoa!!! They annihilated their opponents! 

props to Merrit Island for a great season! Of course the 305 has that classification locked down. 

congrats Baker County. Nice win vs Wakulla. 

PRETENDERS ARE GONE, so tougher sledding for most teams that have been blowing others out.

27 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

you guys season is coming to an end sorry to say. columbus playing the strength of schedule they’ve played thus far will be the difference. & jesuit is also going home. northwestern is not the team you beat for the kickoff  classic i assure you & has the best offense jesuit has seen with a solid defense. all of which are first year starters. jesuit has not seen the speed the west has coming into this game. i think venice plays a solid game but loses in a low scoring game 17-7 or something like that but you guys wont be doing much scoring as you’re used to. jesuit will be blown out imo in a fashionable 42-14 type game. you guys had good seasons tho. 

9 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

you guys season is coming to an end sorry to say. columbus playing the strength of schedule they’ve played thus far will be the difference. & jesuit is also going home. northwestern is not the team you beat for the kickoff  classic i assure you & has the best offense jesuit has seen with a solid defense. all of which are first year starters. jesuit has not seen the speed the west has coming into this game. i think venice plays a solid game but loses in a low scoring game 17-7 or something like that but you guys wont be doing much scoring as you’re used to. jesuit will be blown out imo in a fashionable 42-14 type game. you guys had good seasons tho. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus won the ball game but you all are NOT holding us to only 7 points. You will need at least 28 to defeat Venice and your defense will need to stop the run at every turn because Peacock loves the read-option/ play action fakes. Good luck to the Explorers. 

18 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Columbus won the ball game but you all are NOT holding us to only 7 points. You will need at least 28 to defeat Venice and your defense will need to stop the run at every turn because Peacock loves the read-option/ play action fakes. Good luck to the Explorers. 

Welp!  Somebody will be wrong and right on Friday, LOL!

12 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Welp!  Somebody will be wrong and right on Friday, LOL!

Well, regarding Jesuit, I believe they hold the necessary faculties to defeat Northwestern although the game will be a good test for The Tigers. Jesuit has been so up and down in recent years that it’s hard to obtain a fair gauge by which to measure them. If they come out strong in this game and score first, they could put themselves in good position to win the ballgame and set the tone for the game, if nothing else. I’m intrigued by that game a lot, I tell you. Good luck to the Tigers. Hope they kick Northwestern’s Butts! 

25 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well, regarding Jesuit, I believe they hold the necessary faculties to defeat Northwestern although the game will be a good test for The Tigers. Jesuit has been so up and down in recent years that it’s hard to obtain a fair gauge by which to measure them. If they come out strong in this game and score first, they could put themselves in good position to win the ballgame and set the tone for the game, if nothing else. I’m intrigued by that game a lot, I tell you. Good luck to the Tigers. Hope they kick Northwestern’s Butts! 

Them games gonna be close . I don't like Jesuit but they beat st thomas aquinas.  And I believe madison could hang with them teams seriously. Just hang around not win. 

39 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Them games gonna be close . I don't like Jesuit but they beat st thomas aquinas.  And I believe madison could hang with them teams seriously. Just hang around not win. 

I think Madison County could hang with STA on a good day, maybe even come within 70 points! :P

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

305 always think they got it figured out.....lol

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Columbus ain’t winning that game.