ROAD WARRIORS, APK & JONES

Ray Icaza

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

Dang , Madison has a chance bc they do have a good defense they have been tested. But on offense Madison need touchdowns. Check they schedule cowboys will be ready. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I think Madison County could hang with STA on a good day, maybe even come within 70 points! :P

I bet madison county would duck them and move up to 8A 

35 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Columbus ain’t winning that game. 

Columbus had a good schedule this year but to say it was better than Venice's overall schedule just because they stayed within 2 scores of Chaminade-Madonna is lame.  Bartram Trail beat Columbus and yet last week they got hammered by Apopka at home.  I suppose anything is possible and although I am not a betting man I certainly would take that one as the odds are extremely good on Venice's side.

41 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Columbus had a good schedule this year but to say it was better than Venice's overall schedule just because they stayed within 2 scores of Chaminade-Madonna is lame.  Bartram Trail beat Columbus and yet last week they got hammered by Apopka at home.  I suppose anything is possible and although I am not a betting man I certainly would take that one as the odds are extremely good on Venice's side.

What do you think of Apopka vs TC? Do you think The Titans running attack will be too much for the Darters to overcome?

14 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

What do you think of Apopka vs TC? Do you think The Titans running attack will be too much for the Darters to overcome?

Apopka played an extremely tough schedule and the most points they gave up in any game was 20 vs Lakeland at Lakeland with a penalty aided winning drive by the Dreadnaughts; could have easily been only 14 points.  In addition, they shutout 4 teams and gave up only a field goal or two in 4 other games against playoff teams like Lake Brantley, Creekside, West Orange and Bartram Trail.  They are very good defensively needless to say as they gave up 20 points against an explosive Seminole team in regulation.  Something will have to give as the Titans running attack plays into Apopka's strength of stopping the run.  I'm going with the Darters.

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

That’s crap. Columbus schedule was not better than Venice. Agree. 

35 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Apopka played an extremely tough schedule and the most points they gave up in any game was 20 vs Lakeland at Lakeland with a penalty aided winning drive by the Dreadnaughts; could have easily been only 14 points.  In addition, they shutout 4 teams and gave up only a field goal or two in 4 other games against playoff teams like Lake Brantley, Creekside, West Orange and Bartram Trail.  They are very good defensively needless to say as they gave up 20 points against an explosive Seminole team in regulation.  Something will have to give as the Titans running attack plays into Apopka's strength of stopping the run.  I'm going with the Darters.

Treasure Coast Defense not good as Apopka, but they’re pretty good. Like i been saying, along with many, Blue Darters different in the playoffs.  

Would love to go home and watch the TC v Apopka game, but we're visiting family for the holidays. I saw TC play 3 times this fall, and several times last year. They won't wow you with their athleticism, although Eden James is a really nice high school back who is shifty and has balance. What they are is big and physical and can really grind you down three and four yards at a time with James having big play ability. The key (IMO) is to make them play behind the chains on 2nd down if you can, or at the very least put them in a 2nd and 8 or so. If you're giving up 3+ yards on 1st down, it's tough to get off the field against them.

I saw Cocoa beat them in an amazing double OT game. TC raced out to a 28-7 lead before Cocoa found their offensive footing and TC had a couple of possessions where they had penalties that put them in 1st and 20 situations that they couldn't overcome. Cocoa was able to get within a score and took the 2nd half kickoff and drove (IIRC) for a score to tie it. After that, it was just back and forth trading touchdowns.

34 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Would love to go home and watch the TC v Apopka game, but we're visiting family for the holidays. I saw TC play 3 times this fall, and several times last year. They won't wow you with their athleticism, although Eden James is a really nice high school back who is shifty and has balance. What they are is big and physical and can really grind you down three and four yards at a time with James having big play ability. The key (IMO) is to make them play behind the chains on 2nd down if you can, or at the very least put them in a 2nd and 8 or so. If you're giving up 3+ yards on 1st down, it's tough to get off the field against them.

I saw Cocoa beat them in an amazing double OT game. TC raced out to a 28-7 lead before Cocoa found their offensive footing and TC had a couple of possessions where they had penalties that put them in 1st and 20 situations that they couldn't overcome. Cocoa was able to get within a score and took the 2nd half kickoff and drove (IIRC) for a score to tie it. After that, it was just back and forth trading touchdowns.

How the heck did cocoa beat village charter seriously???

7 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

i mean… most rings in florida reside in dade county. besides that we just are cocky cause we kno we play football down here. nothing past broward dont matter. you gotta beat us to say you the best & these are the facts my guy. 

Blountstown will blast dade county easy bruh hush.

8 hours ago, Jullian said:

Saw a picture from Apopka/Seminole game. The 4th down in overtime, called a touchdown. The pic had no one near the goal line from Apopka. Still picture. Any comments?

A better quality video of the 4th down play from UCF (which had a lot of interest in the game) shows that the Apopka back crossed the goal line fully stretched. The only question is: did his knee touch the ground before the ball broke the plane? I have not seen any video that answers that question definitively. However, based on the reactions from both the Seminole and Apopka players (resignation and jubilation, respectively) even before the official signaled touchdown, my guess is that it was a touchdown. 

42 minutes ago, Jesse said:

How the heck did cocoa beat village charter seriously???

Seriously? Cocoa played a great schedule with mostly larger classification opponents that had a combined record of 77-36. Their only loss was by 1 point to Venice, who is probably the favorite in 8A. They have a really nice QB in Davin Wynder, a dynamic playmaker in OJ Ross and a couple of other good WR as well as being well coached. Athletically speaking, The Villages Charter wasn't in the same universe as Cocoa. It really wasn't a shock that they thumped them. 

10 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Seriously? Cocoa played a great schedule with mostly larger classification opponents that had a combined record of 77-36. Their only loss was by 1 point to Venice, who is probably the favorite in 8A. They have a really nice QB in Davin Wynder, a dynamic playmaker in OJ Ross and a couple of other good WR as well as being well coached. Athletically speaking, The Villages Charter wasn't in the same universe as Cocoa. It really wasn't a shock that they thumped them. 

I'm kidding man I just wanted a reaction 

23 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

if i gotta do that they do not matter. sorry. you can inform me tho who has this team played & beat that is actually worth typing or how many rings yall got in the past 10 years or so. & wait didn’t yall just get sent home??… you must be trolling 

I'm playing man , blountstown be ducking good teams, they trash madison blew them out.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm kidding man I just wanted a reaction 

That's ok. I'm not a big reaction type of guy. We retired to Fort Pierce three years ago, and while we love getting out and going to the games, I have no emotional ties to any of the schools. We just want to see some good football games, and on a Friday night, we may be found anywhere from Fort Lauderdale to Cocoa. B)

42 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A better quality video of the 4th down play from UCF (which had a lot of interest in the game) shows that the Apopka back crossed the goal line fully stretched. The only question is: did his knee touch the ground before the ball broke the plane? I have not seen any video that answers that question definitively. However, based on the reactions from both the Seminole and Apopka players (resignation and jubilation, respectively) even before the official signaled touchdown, my guess is that it was a touchdown. 

Congrats!!!! Thanks for the feedback. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

i mean… most rings in florida reside in dade county. besides that we just are cocky cause we kno we play football down here. nothing past broward dont matter. you gotta beat us to say you the best & these are the facts my guy. 

Naw no facts. That’s rah rah. Broward just as good but 305 ain’t never gonna admit that. There’s 4 Dade schools left & 3 Broward. We’ll see what happens. Rockets eliminated AH This year. AH eliminated Bulls last year..... Broward got a boat load of rings. But u know that. Lol