ROAD WARRIORS, APK & JONES

Ray Icaza

9 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Naw no facts. That’s rah rah. Broward just as good but 305 ain’t never gonna admit that. There’s 4 Dade schools left & 3 Broward. We’ll see what happens. Rockets eliminated AH This year. AH eliminated Bulls last year..... Broward got a boat load of rings. But u know that. Lol

mannn what? lol we do not know anything. broward gone always be lil bro. & its actually 5 dade schools(champagnat, central/killian, west, columbus). sta & heritage need dade kids to win so stop it. they starting qb for the last 4 years is literally from overtown. chaminade starting qb & rb from miami. & heritage best player when they beat the west is from dade(james williams) & them ppl still got dade kids on they roster. broward publics suck which is why we dont respect it. our publics run the state. yall privates go get the whole tri county & still cant beat us. 

8 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

mannn what? lol we do not know anything. broward gone always be lil bro. & its actually 5 dade schools(champagnat, central/killian, west, columbus). sta & heritage need dade kids to win so stop it. they starting qb for the last 4 years is literally from overtown. chaminade starting qb & rb from miami. & heritage best player when they beat the west is from dade(james williams) & them ppl still got dade kids on they roster. broward publics suck which is why we dont respect it. our publics run the state. yall privates go get the whole tri county & still cant beat us. 

Yep u a 305 fella! lol. Rockets raided Hallandale over the summer. But guess will skip over that. Like CC when Hypolite left Hallandale & took boys then.  Private schools? Ain’t no one recruit like Central & NW....Cmon. What u talkin bout. Stop yo fool talkin. Don’t go on here. I’m talkin next round Killian or Central will advance. 4. Don’t talk circles. U wanna count rings last 10/15 years.  

5 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Columbus had a good schedule this year but to say it was better than Venice's overall schedule just because they stayed within 2 scores of Chaminade-Madonna is lame.  Bartram Trail beat Columbus and yet last week they got hammered by Apopka at home.  I suppose anything is possible and although I am not a betting man I certainly would take that one as the odds are extremely good on Venice's side.

I agree with Ray that this should be Venice's game. The main things Columbus has going for them right now is their coaching and scrappy nature. They don't have the size this year to go man to man with the Indians. As for the BT game, I will say that that was Columbus' 2nd back to back 7hr+ road game (they played Benedictine in GA the week before), and played that game without our starting RB. We played an ugly game there (2 turnovers and sloppy execution on offense overall). But the past few games, the ugly spots have been smoothed over by some real grit. I am impressed with how they have turned their season around since that Palmetto loss.

All this said, Columbus needs to score on nearly every possession in order to keep pace with that Venice O. The size of this team looks on par with the kids from CM. And yes, we were up on them 17-10 in the first half, but their size were too much for 4 quarters for our guys. I see Venice as much the same.  My heart says 30-28 Columbus win with a field goal. My head says 21-35 Indians.

Should be a great game.

Go Explorers!

7 minutes ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

I agree with Ray that this should be Venice's game. The main things Columbus has going for them right now is their coaching and scrappy nature. They don't have the size this year to go man to man with the Indians. As for the BT game, I will say that that was Columbus' 2nd back to back 7hr+ road game (they played Benedictine in GA the week before), and played that game without our starting RB. We played an ugly game there (2 turnovers and sloppy execution on offense overall). But the past few games, the ugly spots have been smoothed over by some real grit. I am impressed with how they have turned their season around since that Palmetto loss.

All this said, Columbus needs to score on nearly every possession in order to keep pace with that Venice O. The size of this team looks on par with the kids from CM. And yes, we were up on them 17-10 in the first half, but their size were too much for 4 quarters for our guys. I see Venice as much the same.  My heart says 30-28 Columbus win with a field goal. My head says 21-35 Indians.

Should be a great game.

Go Explorers!

Good assessment! Your win over Western got my attention. This just Venice year to lose. 4 teams left in 8a are all real good teams.  Can’t say that for all the classifications. Good luck. 

11 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Congrats to Apopka Blue Darters and Jones Tigers for pulling off improbable victories on the road in Championship fashion.  Not that many on here didn't give them a chance as many did, but still a difficult feat to pull out road wins against extremely talented teams.  West Orange not as fortunate as they were only competitive for a half and also found themselves on the short end of the stick with 18 Penalties playing away from home.  Now both the Darters and Tigers have one more long road trip to get to the ultimate prize, so it won't be easy though they have proven to be up to that task.  Good Luck to them both in repping our area and also to Cocoa for the awaited matchup against Bolles.  They have enjoyed the friendly confines of home and will do so next Friday.

The Jones victory over Vanguard was not improbable. Jones was the more talented team. Vanguard fought back, and proved with a winning program that that truly are, but Jones could have put the game away a little earlier than they ended up doing. The Tigers will be very tough to beat going forward. Elijah Williams is a great High School Football Head Coach. 

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

The Jones victory over Vanguard was not improbable. Jones was the more talented team. Vanguard fought back, and proved with a winning program that that truly are, but Jones could have put the game away a little earlier than they ended up doing. The Tigers will be very tough to beat going forward. Elijah Williams is a great High School Football Head Coach. 

Baker County has to play miami central will they forfeit the game or risk injuries and embarrassment bc its gonna be ugly baker to slow 

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Yep u a 305 fella! lol. Rockets raided Hallandale over the summer. But guess will skip over that. Like CC when Hypolite left Hallandale & took boys then.  Private schools? Ain’t no one recruit like Central & NW....Cmon. What u talkin bout. Stop yo fool talkin. Don’t go on here. I’m talkin next round Killian or Central will advance. 4. Don’t talk circles. U wanna count rings last 10/15 years.  

so u think them hallandale kids stayed in hallandale or dade? again stop it. yall love hollin bout recruiting. man jits wanna come win, it aint our fault west & cent win & get kids to flock. cc & hallandale how many miles apart? & hypolite played fa booker t so wat u really saying man… comn ni. count the rings, cent got 7 outta 10 years. da west got 3. booker t got 5. cc got 1. norland got a couple. i can keep goin. mind u these schools is 15 minutes from eachother. & you forgot cent cc & west & norland played in the same district 15 years straight. ion even kno why im rappin with you friend. we been runnin the state since the beginning of time. yall know that.

3 hours ago, ExplorerHomer2 said:

Should be a great game.

Go Explorers!

Columbus will win the game if Venice looks past them, which I don’t expect them to do. On any given Friday any outcome could happen so don’t count the Explorers out by any means. If you are making the long trip north to Venice, welcome, and I wish you safe travels along the way. It’s going to be a good, close game to the bitter end. Go Indians, though! :D

47 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Columbus will win the game if Venice looks past them, which I don’t expect them to do. On any given Friday any outcome could happen so don’t count the Explorers out by any means. If you are making the long trip north to Venice, welcome, and I wish you safe travels along the way. It’s going to be a good, close game to the bitter end. Go Indians, though! :D

In HS football it is always any given Friday night! Who expected the Country Kowboys from Osceola County to go into The Mecca and beat Palmetto last year in the Semi's. Palmetto had 2 4 Star DL and tons of talent, but the Kowboys came out with a win. Coaching can make a huge difference in games at this point in the season. All 8A schools have some very good coaching, and I expect some great games

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

so u think them hallandale kids stayed in hallandale or dade? again stop it. yall love hollin bout recruiting. man jits wanna come win, it aint our fault west & cent win & get kids to flock. cc & hallandale how many miles apart? & hypolite played fa booker t so wat u really saying man… comn ni. count the rings, cent got 7 outta 10 years. da west got 3. booker t got 5. cc got 1. norland got a couple. i can keep goin. mind u these schools is 15 minutes from eachother. & you forgot cent cc & west & norland played in the same district 15 years straight. ion even kno why im rappin with you friend. we been runnin the state since the beginning of time. yall know that.

I agree with you and for the Broward schools like Flanagan and Miramar they had dade kids on their roster that helped them win a state title 

15 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Apopka played an extremely tough schedule and the most points they gave up in any game was 20 vs Lakeland at Lakeland with a penalty aided winning drive by the Dreadnaughts; could have easily been only 14 points.  In addition, they shutout 4 teams and gave up only a field goal or two in 4 other games against playoff teams like Lake Brantley, Creekside, West Orange and Bartram Trail.  They are very good defensively needless to say as they gave up 20 points against an explosive Seminole team in regulation.  Something will have to give as the Titans running attack plays into Apopka's strength of stopping the run.  I'm going with the Darters.

Treasure Coast has that 2 headed snake in running backs. Both are capable of running through tackles. Then you have that occasional slant and screen to loosen the line up a little. Of course the Darters have been to the playoffs so often you know the coaches have seen it all and they make great adjustments in the second half.

In my humble opinion it will be close and could go either way. Good luck to both teams and may the playoffs be injury free.

10 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

So we won’t talk about Chaminade, Cardinal Gibbons, Dillard, American Heritage, , oh & STA WHO all have multiple State Championships. U splittin hairs brother. 

I find the Dade/Broward argument rather hilarious. UP here in Central Florida, I have always considered Orlando to be: Seminole, Orange and Osceola counties with the extended area also including Brevard, Volusia and Lake counties. The truth of the matter is that it is not unusual for kids to transfer from one of all the counties above to another even though the rate of transfers seems to be greater in South Florida. 

With that said, I am happy for whatever team from Greater Orlando that is successful in the playoffs and see no need to get into arguments as to who is more successful or who depends on recruiting whose talent. In large, urban metro areas the argument seems kind of pointless to me.

15 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I find the Dade/Broward argument rather hilarious. UP here in Central Florida, I have always considered Orlando to be: Seminole, Orange and Osceola counties with the extended area also including Broward, Volusia and Lake counties. The truth of the matter is that it is not unusual for kids to transfer from one of all the counties above to another even though the rate of transfers seems to be greater in South Florida. 

With that said, I am happy for whatever team from Greater Orlando that is successful in the playoffs and see no need to get into arguments as to who is more successful or who depends on recruiting whose talent. In large, urban metro areas the argument seems kind of pointless to me.

Agree. This a battle that’s gone on for decades though. The areas u mentioned of course aren’t South Florida, I’m sure you don’t have the ego, arrogance, ignorance, or blindness to the number or degree that exists down here. Dade was sitting nice awhile ago, till Broward started playing football. They simply don’t like it. 
unlike the 305, Broward when they lose a game, for the most part, give credit to the team. Last year TC was better than Chaminade. Nothing to say! Lakeland owns STA. Nothing to say. But ask , a percentage, of Dade what happened when Apopka beat NW: The fog won it for em. The constant excuse-the refs cheated. Our player was hurt etc.  

So yeah looks foolish from outside, but HSFB down here, is life & death. It’s actually ruined the game to a degree. Well it’s a lot like Democrats vs Republicans. Hatred, blindness, no budge, & who really cares about the country?!?? (Neutral political statement).......

3 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Agree. This a battle that’s gone on for decades though. The areas u mentioned of course aren’t South Florida, I’m sure you don’t have the ego, arrogance, ignorance, or blindness to the number or degree that exists down here. Dade was sitting nice awhile ago, till Broward started playing football. They simply don’t like it. 
unlike the 305, Broward when they lose a game, for the most part, give credit to the team. Last year TC was better than Chaminade. Nothing to say! Lakeland owns STA. Nothing to say. But ask , a percentage, of Dade what happened when Apopka beat NW: The fog won it for em. The constant excuse-the refs cheated. Our player was hurt etc.  

So yeah looks foolish from outside, but HSFB down here, is life & death. It’s actually ruined the game to a degree. Well it’s a lot like Democrats vs Republicans. Hatred, blindness, no budge, & who really cares about the country?!?? (Neutral political statement).......

The truth is that that Apopka team had more talent than that Northwestern team. It is borne out by the fact that two members of the 2001 Apopka team made it to the NFL and I don't think any members of that MNW team did. Now year for year it's not close, Northwestern has a big lead in terms of talent. But in any given year, the balance can shift. 

I thought that Apopka was going to dominate South Dade back in 2013; I was proven wrong and quietly accepted the fact we lost. To me what separates truly successful individuals from others is their ability to learn from their mistakes and losses. But to do so, we must first acknowledge them. You can't improve if you never own up to the fact you got whipped because you will never analyze (and correct) what caused the loss to begin with.  

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

The truth is that that Apopka team had more talent than that Northwestern team. It is borne out by the fact that two members of the 2001 Apopka team made it to the NFL and I don't think any members of that MNW team did. Now year for year it's not close, Northwestern has a big lead in terms of talent. But in any given year, the balance can shift. 

I thought that Apopka was going to dominate South Dade back in 2013; I was proven wrong and quietly accepted the fact we lost. To me what separates truly successful individuals from others is their ability to learn from their mistakes and losses. But to do so, we must first acknowledge them. You can't improve if you never own up to the fact you got whipped because you will never analyze (and correct) what caused the loss to begin with.  

100%. Well said. 

10 hours ago, Nolestrong said:

In HS football it is always any given Friday night! Who expected the Country Kowboys from Osceola County to go into The Mecca and beat Palmetto last year in the Semi's. Palmetto had 2 4 Star DL and tons of talent, but the Kowboys came out with a win. Coaching can make a huge difference in games at this point in the season. All 8A schools have some very good coaching, and I expect some great games

Especially in the playoffs this holds true.  A few years ago we lost in the first round to Steinbrenner at our place, I think when we were favored by 2-3 TD.  Months ago I pointed out that last year we won 2 games we probably should have lost (Sarasota Riverview & Palmetto) to reach the finals.  I predicted that it would lead to unrealistic expectations this year, although we strive to go to state every year.  In fact, even after losing twice to West Orange this year, I truly believe we had the better team.  You not only need talent and coaching, but also a few breaks or balls to bounce your way.  Maybe the "Gods" will be looking over us next year.

13 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

17 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

i mean… most rings in florida reside in dade county. besides that we just are cocky cause we kno we play football down here. nothing past broward dont matter. you gotta beat us to say you the best & these are the facts my guy. 

clay-davis-wire.gif

If Dade been running the state since the beginning of time (or at least since the advent of the FHSAA keeping records in 1963):

1.  Why doesn't Dade have more titles?  
  2.  Why was Dade iced out from winning titles from 1978-1992?
  3.  Why has Dade missed the finals in the following years? 1966, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1992, 2000, 2005
  4. If nothing past Broward matters, why did Dade manage to lose to non-South Florida teams in the following years?  1973, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1991*, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018**

*tie result
**Multiple schools

3 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

clay-davis-wire.gif

If Dade been running the state since the beginning of time (or at least since the advent of the FHSAA keeping records in 1963):

3.  Why has Dade missed the finals in the following years? 1966, 1969, 1971, 1972, 1978, 1979, 1981, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1992, 2000, 2005
  4. If nothing past Broward matters, why did Dade manage to lose to non-South Florida teams in the following years?  1973, 1974, 1976, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1991*, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018**

*tie result
**Multiple schools

Don’t give em facts!!!! Lol. He ain’t taking his cheerleading outfit off! It’s easier to talk loud than talk smart!!!! 

15 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I agree with you and for the Broward schools like Flanagan and Miramar they had dade kids on their roster that helped them win a state title 

exactly! literally any time a broward public or private won a ring it was aided by many dade kids going to school in broward. This isn’t saying broward can’t do it alone but it is saying that broward hasn’t been doing it alone. still got love for the 954

8 hours ago, Jullian said:

So we won’t talk about Chaminade, Cardinal Gibbons, Dillard, American Heritage, , oh & STA WHO all have multiple State Championships. U splittin hairs brother. 

dillard last ring was before i was born my guy. i couldn’t care less about them people. & Im not saying you guys dont win, just not without dade or palm beach kids. this you cannot deny. 

6 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

clay-davis-wire.gif

*tie result
**Multiple schools

any highschool team can lose. idk why yall get on here & state these weird facts when you know & i know dade runs florida. idc bout the 60s & 70s. we not gone talk about coral gables winning over 10 nattys or southridge dominating the 90s. miami was still highly segregated during the 70s. & the talent was really dispersed back then. but i guess that doesn’t matter. even with the points you made no county has more rings. so yes we’ve been running the state & still do. we don’t care about broward or any other county for that matter, we just get defensive when y’all disrespect it. but i get it, we all from florida so i love the competitive nature to get better & try to compete with the best.