ROAD WARRIORS, APK & JONES

Ray Icaza

9 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

dillard last ring was before i was born my guy. i couldn’t care less about them people. & Im not saying you guys dont win, just not without dade or palm beach kids. this you cannot deny. 

Naw.....but u can (& will) believe what suits u best. Your false thinking & fact less statements doesn’t take away the talent & great teams from Miami-Dade, it just adds to the lack of credibility to the 305 fans like yourself, that plug your ears & cover your eyes to what u WANT to believe. Yeah, I thought u had to b young. We’ll just grade u on the curve. Lol. Nuff

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

exactly! literally any time a broward public or private won a ring it was aided by many dade kids going to school in broward. This isn’t saying broward can’t do it alone but it is saying that broward hasn’t been doing it alone. still got love for the 954

Exactly and a lot of parents just don't switch counties for football or any sport but for education as well.

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Naw.....but u can (& will) believe what suits u best. Your false thinking & fact less statements doesn’t take away the talent & great teams from Miami-Dade, it just adds to the lack of credibility to the 305 fans like yourself, that plug your ears & cover your eyes to what u WANT to believe. Yeah, I thought u had to b young. We’ll just grade u on the curve. Lol. Nuff

factless? go look up everything i said. all facts fam.

10 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Especially in the playoffs this holds true.  A few years ago we lost in the first round to Steinbrenner at our place, I think when we were favored by 2-3 TD.  Months ago I pointed out that last year we won 2 games we probably should have lost (Sarasota Riverview & Palmetto) to reach the finals.  I predicted that it would lead to unrealistic expectations this year, although we strive to go to state every year.  In fact, even after losing twice to West Orange this year, I truly believe we had the better team.  You not only need talent and coaching, but also a few breaks or balls to bounce your way.  Maybe the "Gods" will be looking over us next year.

A ball bouncing the right way can go along way in turning a team from behind to ahead. Once momentum has shifted the game changes. 

I will agree that Dade has a ton of talent, but I also believe that some of them athletes put in the effort and do what it takes to get out of their 'sometimes' desperate situations. College scholarships are just one way to do that, and we all know that you have to earn that education one way or another. There are a ton of talented kids out there that just do enough to get that starting position, and then there are the ones that do enough and more... you know em, they are the ones that go to the big colleges and excel. That's why Dade is heavily recruited by all colleges.

Does it surprise you that Mac Jones played for Bolles? A shame Corky Rogers passed away before seeing Mac killing it in the NFL.

28 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I will agree that Dade has a ton of talent, but I also believe that some of them athletes put in the effort and do what it takes to get out of their 'sometimes' desperate situations. College scholarships are just one way to do that, and we all know that you have to earn that education one way or another. There are a ton of talented kids out there that just do enough to get that starting position, and then there are the ones that do enough and more... you know em, they are the ones that go to the big colleges and excel. That's why Dade is heavily recruited by all colleges.

Does it surprise you that Mac Jones played for Bolles? A shame Corky Rogers passed away before seeing Mac killing it in the NFL.

Yeah lamar jackson is a example also

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

any highschool team can lose. idk why yall get on here & state these weird facts when you know & i know dade runs florida. idc bout the 60s & 70s. we not gone talk about coral gables winning over 10 nattys or southridge dominating the 90s. miami was still highly segregated during the 70s. & the talent was really dispersed back then. but i guess that doesn’t matter. even with the points you made no county has more rings. so yes we’ve been running the state & still do. we don’t care about broward or any other county for that matter, we just get defensive when y’all disrespect it. but i get it, we all from florida so i love the competitive nature to get better & try to compete with the best. 

You're right any school can lose and sooner or later does.  Dade is no different.  You said you didn't care about the 60's and 70's but those times add to Dade's overall title count?  You can't have it both ways.  

The weird facts according to you are still that, FACTS!  For example, you stated that Southridge dominated the 90s and I call bull on that.  Southridge went 1-2-1 and I don't give a damn where you went to school, no one is going to look at that record and say, "Southridge dominated the 90's".  I respect the fact that Southridge made it to the finals 4 times in the same decade.  That is legit especially back then.  However, you could've easily mentioned CC or NW as they both managed better finals records in the 90's than Southridge.  From 90-99, Dade went 5-2-1, the tie and losses all came from Southridge.  

Segregation was prevalent everywhere in the south.  Miami wasn't the only city that had to deal with that.  Segregated black schools have been closed and/or converted all over Florida/America without a doubt.  Polk County has the same story; Rochelle in Lakeland - fed directly into Kathleen high, Union Academy integrated into Bartow, Roosevelt in Lake Wales served Lake Wales, Frostproof and smaller communities, and Oakland in Haines City just name a few that started Polk County's early football history.  Same story, albeit on a smaller scale than what happened in Miami.  That's a different history lesson altogether and the detriment that followed is not one soon to be forgotten.

Everyone knows that Dade has more rings.  Again, not debating that.  Hell, since 8 classes were created, it's been easier than ever to get to the finals.  With the sheer amount of schools that Dade has, Dade arguably has the easiest path to the finals.  I mean 21 titles in 10 years is unheard of and due to realignment, Dade has the good fortune to not have all their powerhouse schools in the same class.  It is what it is.

Florida football is what it's all about.  

7 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

You're right any school can lose and sooner or later does.  Dade is no different.  You said you didn't care about the 60's and 70's but those times add to Dade's overall title count?  You can't have it both ways.  

The weird facts according to you are still that, FACTS!  For example, you stated that Southridge dominated the 90s and I call bull on that.  Southridge went 1-2-1 and I don't give a damn where you went to school, no one is going to look at that record and say, "Southridge dominated the 90's".  I respect the fact that Southridge made it to the finals 4 times in the same decade.  That is legit especially back then.  However, you could've easily mentioned CC or NW as they both managed better finals records in the 90's than Southridge.  From 90-99, Dade went 5-2-1, the tie and losses all came from Southridge.  

Segregation was prevalent everywhere in the south.  Miami wasn't the only city that had to deal with that.  Segregated black schools have been closed and/or converted all over Florida/America without a doubt.  Polk County has the same story; Rochelle in Lakeland - fed directly into Kathleen high, Union Academy integrated into Bartow, Roosevelt in Lake Wales served Lake Wales, Frostproof and smaller communities, and Oakland in Haines City just name a few that started Polk County's early football history.  Same story, albeit on a smaller scale than what happened in Miami.  That's a different history lesson altogether and the detriment that followed is not one soon to be forgotten.

Everyone knows that Dade has more rings.  Again, not debating that.  Hell, since 8 classes were created, it's been easier than ever to get to the finals.  With the sheer amount of schools that Dade has, Dade arguably has the easiest path to the finals.  I mean 21 titles in 10 years is unheard of and due to realignment, Dade has the good fortune to not have all their powerhouse schools in the same class.  It is what it is.

U think crib boy gonna take all that time to read FACTS!!!! Haha. That’s what I’m saying. Guys like him don’t rely on facts.......lol

9 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

literally for 15-20 years and correct me if im wrong, miami norland, northwestern, carol city, & miami central were in the same class & district… literally having grudge matches to make it out that district. all 6A schools. yall mad now cause they not in the same district anymore which means we are going to continue to dominate. the fact we do have over 100 highschools actually is more impressive than anything.

On 11/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, DarterBlue2 said:

I find the Dade/Broward argument rather hilarious. UP here in Central Florida, I have always considered Orlando to be: Seminole, Orange and Osceola counties with the extended area also including Brevard, Volusia and Lake counties. The truth of the matter is that it is not unusual for kids to transfer from one of all the counties above to another even though the rate of transfers seems to be greater in South Florida. 

With that said, I am happy for whatever team from Greater Orlando that is successful in the playoffs and see no need to get into arguments as to who is more successful or who depends on recruiting whose talent. In large, urban metro areas the argument seems kind of pointless to me.

It's always fun when it's Orlando & Tampa vs. Dade or Broward. Great Interstate games. 

I really don't care about that Dade/Broward smack talk etc. I just wonder why certain schools not doing well in Dade/Bro/PalmBeach anymore like Pahokee until recently. I know Pahokee is in Palm Beach, but still. I like seeing Pahokee/Glades Central doing well. See like Blanche Ely. What happened to them, what happened to Cypress Bay. Maybe the transfer etc has put those teams on a pedal too much, but i remember those great Cypress Bay/Miramar games.  Why is Norland struggling. They had Duke Johnson for a little bit. I could go on and on, but i just wonder why certain programs has fallen off. 

Booker T. has fallen off too. Maybe it's because Ice isn't there, but they used to be a juggernaut. This just goes all the way back to the fact that they need to get rid of this attendance BS, and organize classes by power structure of these programs. That would create better districts, better regular season games, and better playoff / state title games. 

1 hour ago, SubZero said:

Booker T. has fallen off too. Maybe it's because Ice isn't there, but they used to be a juggernaut. This just goes all the way back to the fact that they need to get rid of this attendance BS, and organize classes by power structure of these programs. That would create better districts, better regular season games, and better playoff / state title games. 

Agree

2 hours ago, SubZero said:

I really don't care about that Dade/Broward smack talk etc. I just wonder why certain schools not doing well in Dade/Bro/PalmBeach anymore like Pahokee until recently. I know Pahokee is in Palm Beach, but still. I like seeing Pahokee/Glades Central doing well. See like Blanche Ely. What happened to them, what happened to Cypress Bay. Maybe the transfer etc has put those teams on a pedal too much, but i remember those great Cypress Bay/Miramar games.  Why is Norland struggling. They had Duke Johnson for a little bit. I could go on and on, but i just wonder why certain programs has fallen off. 

Watch Ely with Coach Glenn(Deerfield)! Ely’s talent level will blow up. ..Cypress Bay lost Coach Guandola(?). Nuff said there. Miramar improved but not to where they were....Can’t speak for Dade other than Edison not too far from BTW???? And Coach Ice one of the best ever in coaching & acquiring talent. 

4 hours ago, SubZero said:

I have been arguing this point for many years. Is my influence finally seeping into the brains of the posters of this message board? 

15 hours ago, Jullian said:

Is Pine Forrest better than Escambia was when they went to States? How’s your DL & OL? QB? 

I don't think PF is better than that Escambia team overall (defense yes/offense no) and it's quite surprising they've made it this far. I haven't watched them since week 1 and their running game was bottled up that night. If they have to throw more than run than I don't like their chances. The DL is pretty good and the defense overall is decent. I expect a close game.