1a : MADCO VS HAWTHORNE

2a : Champagnat vs TCA

3a : Chaminade vs Berkley prep

4a : Gibbons vs Bolles 

5a : Central vs Merrit Island

6a : Northwestern vs Jones

7a : STA vs Lake Gibson

8a : Columbus vs Treasure Coast

Let me know what you guys think or if you disagree. 

I’ll come find you when Venice wins

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

Baker County needs to forfeit seriously against Miami Central Friday 

8 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

1a: MadCo/Hawthorne 

2a: Champagnat/TC

3a Cham/BP

4a Gibbons/Cocoa

5a Central/MI

6a Jesuit/ Jones

7a STA/LG

8a Venice/Apopka 

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

This. But I think NW/Jesuit and Tech/LG could be too close to call. 

true! but i feelt if nw comes and play like they have been jesuit stands 0 chance. the team speed of the west is crazy and I don’t think jesuit has seen a front 8 like that all year. that qb is going to be running for his life. 

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

This. But I think NW/Jesuit and Tech/LG could be too close to call. 

Breaking with the trend, I think Tampa Bay Tech is going to defeat Lake Gibson. They’re playing at home and have a good passing scheme out of that gun formation to help them move the ball against Gibson, especially with that disciplined front four they have. TBT loves the power run and isn’t afraid to take shots off play-action, so if they can manage to force Gibson into playing Cover 1 or at least shading their coverage underneath they will be able to move the ball effectively through the air and keep the chains moving.

Defensively Tampa Bay Tech will need to stand in the muck and prevent Gibson from doing what they like to do: running the ball. Offensively these two teams’ schemes are not alike but similar and that may actually assist the Titans in their game preparation as they’ve seen this offense before. Gibson will need to find a way to move the ball through the air because if they can’t, they’re going to be in trouble. All in all this should be a great game, possibly the most competitive one in the Florida State Semis this year as well. Good luck to both teams.

47 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

true! but i feelt if nw comes and play like they have been jesuit stands 0 chance. the team speed of the west is crazy and I don’t think jesuit has seen a front 8 like that all year. that qb is going to be running for his life. 

Nah man Jesuit gonna hang around 

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Have you seen the size of Jesuits line? They can run schemes and blitzes to get through of course, but Jesuit o line is likely not going to be dominated one on one.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Have you seen the size of Jesuits line? They can run schemes and blitzes to get through of course, but Jesuit o line is likely not going to be dominated one on one.

Absolutely 0 chance Jesuit loses by anything more than 10. They have the physicality and discipline to beat the Bulls and I fully expect them to win the ballgame. Tigers by 3. 

My biggest (only?) concern with Jesuit is that they may not be battle-tested.   Yes, they beat STA early in the season, which is a huge accomplishment.  But, if you will recall, that game was put together very quickly because of Covid-cancelations.   Again, I'm not taking anything away from Jesuit's win.  But, since then, Jesuit really hasn't played anyone.  Either that or they are really, really good. 

I saw something the other day that said in Jesuit's last 7 games (since STA, I think), they've scored 44 points per game and have given up a total of 9 points (with no first-half TD's).    So what happens when they face a little adversity?  What happens if they turn the ball over a couple of times in the first half and go into the locker room down a score or two?  The STA game showed us that Jesuit has the ability to make big plays down the stretch against a good team.  But will they be able to do it again?  Junior Vandeross is special.  The QB may still be a sophomore, but he's a sophomore with a full season under his belt.   The Tiger defense is tough, from the D-line to the LB's to the DB's.  

It should be a great game. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

My biggest (only?) concern with Jesuit is that they may not be battle-tested.   Yes, they beat STA early in the season, which is a huge accomplishment.  But, if you will recall, that game was put together very quickly because of Covid-cancelations.   Again, I'm not taking anything away from Jesuit's win.  But, since then, Jesuit really hasn't played anyone.  Either that or they are really, really good. 

I saw something the other day that said in Jesuit's last 7 games (since STA, I think), they've scored 44 points per game and have given up a total of 9 points (with no first-half TD's).    So what happens when they face a little adversity?  What happens if they turn the ball over a couple of times in the first half and go into the locker room down a score or two?  The STA game showed us that Jesuit has the ability to make big plays down the stretch against a good team.  But will they be able to do it again?  Junior Vandeross is special.  The QB may still be a sophomore, but he's a sophomore with a full season under his belt.   The Tiger defense is tough, from the D-line to the LB's to the DB's.  

It should be a great game. 

Thats my thing. Jesuit winning will rely heavily on the play of a sophomore qb who will be running for his life. NW is not gonna give him time to throw the ball, I promise. them kids have been a different beast since that central loss. That sta win was legit but understand sta is not a big deal here in miami. Hopefully we see a good game but I do not feel jesuit has the horses and loses by 2 or more scores. 

29 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Thats my thing. Jesuit winning will rely heavily on the play of a sophomore qb who will be running for his life. NW is not gonna give him time to throw the ball, I promise. them kids have been a different beast since that central loss. That sta win was legit but understand sta is not a big deal here in miami. Hopefully we see a good game but I do not feel jesuit has the horses and loses by 2 or more scores. 

Only miami can call the kings of Florida not a big deal lol

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Only miami can call the kings of Florida not a big deal lol

You are correct, because that is the most ridiculous statement regarding HS football I have ever heard. STA isn't "A big deal?" The hands-down best and most storied football program in the country isn't a "big deal?" Give me a break. 

5 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

why u think they avoid dade counties best year in & out? 95th street the kings of Florida main man. sta been lost that crown. nothing against em tho, just telling it how it is. 

STA defeated St Francis the team that defeated the #2 team in the country IMG in IMG's stadium. Gave St. Francis their only loss of the season. I think that classifies as a "big deal" wouldn't you say? ;)

14 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Breaking with the trend, I think Tampa Bay Tech is going to defeat Lake Gibson. They’re playing at home and have a good passing scheme out of that gun formation to help them move the ball against Gibson, especially with that disciplined front four they have. TBT loves the power run and isn’t afraid to take shots off play-action, so if they can manage to force Gibson into playing Cover 1 or at least shading their coverage underneath they will be able to move the ball effectively through the air and keep the chains moving.

Defensively Tampa Bay Tech will need to stand in the muck and prevent Gibson from doing what they like to do: running the ball. Offensively these two teams’ schemes are not alike but similar and that may actually assist the Titans in their game preparation as they’ve seen this offense before. Gibson will need to find a way to move the ball through the air because if they can’t, they’re going to be in trouble. All in all this should be a great game, possibly the most competitive one in the Florida State Semis this year as well. Good luck to both teams.

I think there are plays to be made through the air against LG. But, there's also the risk of throwing touchdowns to LG. Can Greg Gaines get the best of Cormani McClain head to head? That remains to be seen.

Given the fact that Lake Mary, Riverview and Lakeland (2nd game) managed to shut down LG's offense, one has to assume the better defenses, such as all 3 remaining possible opponents of LG, are going to figure out how to contain them better than Edgewater and Melbourne did.