predictions for state championship matchups

cribboy305

10 hours ago, Wellington said:

I'm surprised how many of you are picking Miami Northwestern over Jesuit. Northwestern lost to Miami Central 49-6 a little over a month ago. I'm not saying they aren't a good team, but it doesn't bode well for their chances.

Miami Central and Miami Northwestern are rivals and it has been time where Northwestern beat Central like this.

17 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

While I agree with most of what you’re saying and you know we’re cool bro, but until Miami central beats iMG academy I don’t think they can call themselves the king of Florida. 

nah all they had to do was beat sta. no one cares bout img main man. they not from florida fareal. 

37 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Miami Central and Miami Northwestern are rivals and it has been time where Northwestern beat Central like this.

exactly, central aint beat the west in years. they got it this year but its been some time since central was beat the west. you can’t judge those games cause that rivalry is just too deep. 

57 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG might not be a TRUE Florida team but you still have to root for them when they play outta state opponents...

Unfortunately some folks have a hardon for IMG, in that they recruit and the school is dedicated 100% to athletes, although they meet all of the conditions for an academic high school in the state of Florida. It is their right to support or not support any team they wish. However, I think it's foolish on their part considering the level of play you get when you watch them go up against another out of state national power. 

9 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Unfortunately some folks have a hardon for IMG, in that they recruit and the school is dedicated 100% to athletes, although they meet all of the conditions for an academic high school in the state of Florida. It is their right to support or not support any team they wish. However, I think it's foolish on their part considering the level of play you get when you watch them go up against another out of state national power. 

Certainly interesting to watch IMG play and I have nothing against them. I have been on that campus a few times and their facilities are beyond compare. They really accommodate their fans at home games with Restaurant-like food, beverages, a Sonic, and even a bookstore. If you’ve never been to one of their home games, do yourself a favor. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Certainly interesting to watch IMG play and I have nothing against them. I have been on that campus a few times and their facilities are beyond compare. They really accommodate their fans at home games with Restaurant-like food, beverages, a Sonic, and even a bookstore. If you’ve never been to one of their home games, do yourself a favor. 

Is this a high school or a professional stadium? :lol:

3 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

IMG might not be a TRUE Florida team but you still have to root for them when they play outta state opponents...

no sir, I care not for anything they do. If they were gonna be a national superpower from florida I’d prefer they kept their recruiting in florida but as they do not It’s pretty hard to root for em. thats just me though. 

2 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

no sir, I care not for anything they do. If they were gonna be a national superpower from florida I’d prefer they kept their recruiting in florida but as they do not It’s pretty hard to root for em. thats just me though. 

Kids WANT to go to IMG. They don’t kick down doors asking for recruits.

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Kids WANT to go to IMG. They don’t kick down doors asking for recruits.

15 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Let's see, do you support UF, FSU, Miami? How about the Buccaneers, Jags, Dolphins? Are they considered Florida teams? How many players on these teams come from Florida? The players currently all live in Florida and will for at least 4 years. They are members of teams that train in Florida and represent Florida.  Don't really know what you are driving at.

35 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

So you're saying if IMG only "recruited" within Florida, you'd be cool with that?  I'm just asking...

45 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

So you're saying if IMG only "recruited" within Florida, you'd be cool with that?  I'm just asking...

IMG, STA, Vero Beach, Lakeland, Venice, Manatee, Osceola, etc etc. kids want to play for winners within their county period. With private schools handing out scholarships like candy the prospect has never been more simple.

6 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

exactly, central aint beat the west in years. they got it this year but its been some time since central was beat the west. you can’t judge those games cause that rivalry is just too deep. 

Exactly they've been playing each other each year since the 80's or 90's and this rival runs deep within both schools and communities. Believe it or not some say this is the new Soul Bowl obviously you know Jackson been fell off.

Did I read the score correctly.  APOPKA 21-0 over TC???   If that is correct,  their defense was the immovable object against that running attack.  Those that are impressed with shutouts have been overlooking how stout that defense is so let's give them some love.  Is Venice NEXT???  Maybe, now that they have to play outside their friendly confines.

4 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Did I read the score correctly.  APOPKA 21-0 over TC???   If that is correct,  their defense was the immovable object against that running attack.  Those that are impressed with shutouts have been overlooking how stout that defense is so let's give them some love.  Is Venice NEXT???  Maybe, now that they have to play outside their friendly confines.

Dominant win by Apopka for sure! They held one of the top offenses in the state to ZERO points!? Goodness. Their game against Venice is gonna rock the house!

Just now, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Dominant win by Apopka for sure! They held one of the top offenses in the state to ZERO points!? Goodness. Their game against Venice is gonna rock the house!

Venice defense also very dominant in their win over Columbus only allowing 7 points.  Definitely the 2 best teams in 8A as all their playoff wins have been lopsided victories.  Venice have been all at home while APK almost exclusively on the road.

2 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Venice defense also very dominant in their win over Columbus only allowing 7 points.  Definitely the 2 best teams in 8A as all their playoff wins have been lopsided victories.  Venice have been all at home while APK almost exclusively on the road.

Have to be wary of the road the Darters have traveled as they are going to be very battle tested and licking their chops for what some may deem an upset. I certainly don’t. Going to be a great game on the 18th.