predictions for state championship matchups

cribboy305

42 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Did I read the score correctly.  APOPKA 21-0 over TC???   If that is correct,  their defense was the immovable object against that running attack.  Those that are impressed with shutouts have been overlooking how stout that defense is so let's give them some love.  Is Venice NEXT???  Maybe, now that they have to play outside their friendly confines.

A team that passes an average of only two times per game cannot beat Apopka unless they have truly elite talent on offense. TC has some good, but not great, backs. Running the single wing against Apopka pretty much doomed them to defeat. To beat Apopka, you need a very good passing game. Venice has this. 

It's going to be the green giants against the boys in blue. This game will likely sell out. 

1 minute ago, Jullian said:

WHERES Crib boy & his cheerleading outfit? Talking junk all week bout 305 going 4/4........Bulls get sacrificed along with Columbus!!!! At least they played somebody......lol

I thought Jesuit would beat Northwestern, great job by the Tigers! They’re Finally proving themselves! Tampa Bay Tech proved themselves tonight too... DOMINANT win over Lake Gibson! 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

A team that passes and average of only two times per game cannot beat Apopka unless they have truly elite talent on offense. TC has some good, but not great, backs. Running the single wing against Apopka pretty much doomed them to defeat. To beat Apopka, you need a very good passing game. Venice has this. 

It's going to be the green giants against the boys in blue. This game will likely sell out. 

Best of luck to your Darters. They played really well tonight. Are you going to the game on the 18th?

13 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Jesuit 50 burger against pine forest please cash app me. Bc not many teams do that to the west img does that or central.  

I think Jesuit wins but they would be very hard pressed to score 50. Probably 35-17 as the final score or something along those lines. Close game overall but this year belongs to the Tigers.

Madison County is going to lose to Hawthorne again. 

7 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I think Jesuit wins but they would be very hard pressed to score 50. Probably 35-17 as the final score or something along those lines. Close game overall but this year belongs to the Tigers.

Madison County is going to lose to Hawthorne again. 

You crazy madison battle tested 

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

You crazy madison battle tested 

Me crazy maybe but Madison is going to have their hands full. Hawthorne’s running game is legit and they have some nice passing concepts out of that single-back that they run. They can win but it’s not going to be a blow away. I wish nothing but the best for the Cowboys. Except for Dallas, of course. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Me crazy maybe but Madison is going to have their hands full. Hawthorne’s running game is legit and they have some nice passing concepts out of that single-back that they run. They can win but it’s not going to be a blow away. I wish nothing but the best for the Cowboys. Except for Dallas, of course. :ph34r:

Cowboys got speed on the edge they already played a better team at the stadium rickards. It's gonna be good if Madison offense doesn't strike fast. 

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Final  O.T. play that beat Orlando Jones at Pine Forest: Hope this works  :)

https://www.facebook.com/1107896383/videos/481889496628697

Their would have been no need for OT if they hit the PAT with 20 seconds left in regulation for the win (14-13).  It was a tough loss to say the least for an excellent Jones team.

12 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Did I read the score correctly.  APOPKA 21-0 over TC???   If that is correct,  their defense was the immovable object against that running attack.  Those that are impressed with shutouts have been overlooking how stout that defense is so let's give them some love.  Is Venice NEXT???  Maybe, now that they have to play outside their friendly confines.

I looked at box scores for TC and saw games where they never threw a pass. They were all run, likely looking to take advantage of undisciplined, over pursuing defenses. Apopka was a bad draw for them!

Venice is also very simple offensively against top defenses. They want to run the ball with their QB and RBs and throw screen passes, to go with drawing the defense offsides. If Apopka can shut the run game down and take care of the screens, Venice will dry up offensively. The QB is not an elite passer, though he is far faster than most assume. That said, Venice has a strong defense this year. Apopka labors offensively. I'll take Venice 24-14.  

2 minutes ago, skyway said:

I looked at box scores for TC and saw games where they never threw a pass. They were all run, likely looking to take advantage of undisciplined, over pursuing defenses. Apopka was a bad draw for them!

Venice is also very simple offensively against top defenses. They want to run the ball with their QB and RBs and throw screen passes, to go with drawing the defense offsides. If Apopka can shut the run game down and take care of the screens, Venice will dry up offensively. The QB is not an elite passer, though he is far faster than most assume. That said, Venice has a strong defense this year. Apopka labors offensively. I'll take Venice 24-14.  

Safe bet, I'll be pulling for Apopka though as they have had to deal with more adversity throughout the year.

55 minutes ago, skyway said:

Pine Forest looks to be too good defensively to yield 50 to Jesuit. I actually think they have a chance to make it a game. 

Heck no jesuit beat Miami Northwestern.  That's hard to do and badly.  They should stay in the panhandle bc they about to get manhandled