Glades Central

561_Fan

14 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

What are you trying to say JDHoss???

They had size (especially those massive bookend tackles) and speed (the Demps kid was electric when they got him the football) but seemed disorganized and not mentally ready to play. Vero Beach had a nice team, but looking at Glades in the pregame but not knowing a lot about them, I thought it would be a way tighter game. 

Agree, with what Florida paying these coaches and the expectations of a place like Glades Central that's a very tough job. I believe that coach is from the area but he came from some where up north moving his family or what not to be let go within two years? What experience coach will take that job with the risk and low pay? I'm not singling out Glades Central but all public schools in the state we have a serious problem....two things are happening guys are coaching to build resumes to leave the state and the other guys getting fired within 2 years for various reasons and these administration teams are conducting nationwide searches as though these jobs are salary jobs instead of stipends....How can you conduct nationwide searches for stipend position what guarantees the administration can give these guys for the move they are making?  

1 hour ago, Cocoafanone said:

Jesse f Hester was the last HC @ Glades Central to take them to a state final.  Good luck finding someone that cared more than Jesse.  

\\\\\

Rashard cared alot about our kids too. Alot of people though Glades Central was on the verge of being back a state contender.....  That's until unnecessary controversy happened with us.  In all that mess still managed to reach the playoff and send multiple kids to college. Rashard like Hester found out the hard way that Glades Central poltics at this point is a lose-lose situation. 

16 hours ago, JDHoss said:

They had size (especially those massive bookend tackles) and speed (the Demps kid was electric when they got him the football) but seemed disorganized and not mentally ready to play. Vero Beach had a nice team, but looking at Glades in the pregame but not knowing a lot about them, I thought it would be a way tighter game. 

Wrong, We knew exactly who they were! We wanted to show Vero who we were trying to be, but  Vero is actually a good team. We actually keep up with them for away them they pulled away. Yes, Samaj Demps a very special kid you will see next year. Your argument about us not not know Vero..... Tells me you don't know Glades Central (at least our Legacy).... Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere, Anybody! Rashard was trying to bring that tradition back to our program it just didnt go well. For that he was let go....Dumb move GC  

2 hours ago, A-Town561 said:

Wrong, We knew exactly who they were! We wanted to show Vero who we were trying to be, but  Vero is actually a good team. We actually keep up with them for away them they pulled away. Yes, Samaj Demps a very special kid you will see next year. Your argument about us not not know Vero..... Tells me you don't know Glades Central (at least our Legacy).... Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere, Anybody! Rashard was trying to bring that tradition back to our program it just didnt go well. For that he was let go....Dumb move GC  

I'm not sure how you got that out of what I said. I've known who Glades Central is probably longer than you've been alive. I didn't know much about this particular Glades Central team. When I was watching them in the pregame, they were physically impressive and I thought they would hang with Vero better than what they did, and yes, Vero is a good program. 

Stop adding the Kool-Aid to your sauce Muck city! This year Jackson started the summer off hanging himself with that Facebook post...Alert FHSAA! His brother did a decent job with the team (He fired him) and the backup QB gave GC more options (Never trully used him when the team was struggling). Coaches in Florida knows that they are not bigger (just a stipend job) than the administration unless you have Bill Castle/Coach Rogers type resume built and community backing in which Jackson did not have. Looking at a couple of GC games on YouTube and talking to my people in South Bay, those kids remind me of the Miami Hurricanes...living off the name not the hard work put in by the former teams and staff in building the name. GC was big but not strong and showed no player development just unorganized natural talent! 

On 12/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, A-Town561 said:

I have a feeling GC will regret letting Rashard go. It is very hard finding a championship caliber HS football coach at the pay level allowed in Florida, unless you're a private school that is. 

A smart school will hire a good coach and give him time to develop his team and style of play. It may take a few years but it is better than hiring and firing every other year. How many coaches make it to the finals their second or third year?