Change of classification

09mrslick

Here's my input. 1A and 2nd should combine, 3A and 4A should combine and leave the rest as it is. So in total you'll have 7 clarifications, although some would still complain that 7 is too much.

I believe that would be Six classifications Slick?

1.  1A and 2A

2.   3A and 4A

3. 5A

4. 6A

5. 7A

6. 8A

Do you all think teams will be able to compete and win if 1A/2A were combined and 3A/4A. Could you imagine this epic match up Trinity Christian Academy vs Booker T. Washington.

Future match would be awesome and competitive.  This year BTW would get embarrassed by Trinity Christian.   But based on the 3A/4A combined it would essentially be those two every year.  So not sure if we the combination is a solution......

put IMG and rest of privates into one class and have 5 or 6 classes for just public schools

So do you put IMG, STA, Miami Columbus, Trinity Christian, AHP, Bishop Moore etc..... - all in one class INCLUDING the rest of the privates from 1A and 2A etc....? Isn't 2A like 98% Private right now?   Not sure if that is a solution.  Same 8 teams would be there EVERY year. and the rest of the privates would have 0 Chance. Take a team like North Florida Christian or  Tampa Catholic.  They are decent football programs for their respected 2A and 3 A classification.  They have 0 chance against any of the elite privates. 0, Nada, None!     At least 5-8A Publics can beat those schools sometimes.

Four classes for public schools and two for privates. Larger privates go in one class and smaller privates in another. 

(If we were to separate public and private.)

That would work better.  At least for Publics and Larger Privates.   How would all of the logistics work out regarding the transportation and scheduling etc? If  Bishop Moore were a large private....  How many Larger Private teams would be in their Region?  Lots of travelling. 

Trinity Christian would likely be in the smaller Privates though and would likely win all their games by 60+ and  then beat Oxbridge or AHD by 20 almost every year.  I hear people bash STA and other privates but never Trinity Christian.  They have 30% of the D1 talent in Jacksonville area all on their tiny 3A team.  It is way more unbalanced than STA with D1 talent in South Florida proportionally ...

So do you put IMG, STA, Miami Columbus, Trinity Christian, AHP, Bishop Moore etc..... - all in one class INCLUDING the rest of the privates from 1A and 2A etc....? Isn't 2A like 98% Private right now?   Not sure if that is a solution.  Same 8 teams would be there EVERY year. and the rest of the privates would have 0 Chance. Take a team like North Florida Christian or  Tampa Catholic.  They are decent football programs for their respected 2A and 3 A classification.  They have 0 chance against any of the elite privates. 0, Nada, None!     At least 5-8A Publics can beat those schools sometimes.

Four classes for public schools and two for privates. Larger privates go in one class and smaller privates in another. 

ok something like that, mabey do 5 for publics then but yeah i can see that

BTW has Cocoa's number and MC has Mainland's, but it will not always be that way. A win will come for one of those teams one day.

This would be the best way to re-class IMHO. Privates could play Public's but separate them when the playoffs roll around.

That would work better.  At least for Publics and Larger Privates.   How would all of the logistics work out regarding the transportation and scheduling etc? If  Bishop Moore were a large private....  How many Larger Private teams would be in their Region?  Lots of travelling. 

Trinity Christian would likely be in the smaller Privates though and would likely win all their games by 60+ and  then beat Oxbridge or AHD by 20 almost every year.  I hear people bash STA and other privates but never Trinity Christian.  They have 30% of the D1 talent in Jacksonville area all on their tiny 3A team.  It is way more unbalanced than STA with D1 talent in South Florida proportionally ...

STA is a much larger national program than TC is so they'll get some flak. Not like the Dade County public school don't recruit either...so to me it isn't that big of a deal. Less classes yes. I like slick's model of combining 1A/2A and 3A/4A then leaving 5A-8A as are now. 

One solution is to make all privates play up a class so like TCA would play in 4A instead of 3A. Just a thought. 

STA is a much larger national program than TC is so they'll get some flak. Not like the Dade County public school don't recruit either...so to me it isn't that big of a deal. Less classes yes. I like slick's model of combining 1A/2A and 3A/4A then leaving 5A-8A as are now. 

One solution is to make all privates play up a class so like TCA would play in 4A instead of 3A. Just a thought. 

how would that work for somone like miami columbus who is aready in 8A and where could IMG be put that would accually be fair?

how would that work for somone like miami columbus who is aready in 8A and where could IMG be put that would accually be fair?

You always have the X 1.5 for enrollment formula you could do for Privates as well.

IMG is not eligible for post season play in Florida so no need to discuss them until they become FHSAA eligible. For what it's worth, they might have not been a lock to win States in 5A - 8A this year any way....I guess you could let IMG play regular season private schedule then put them in 8A South Region which outside of Columbus has some pretty strong Public Heavyweights.

Miami Columbus would/could stay in 8A South Region which many feel is the hardest path to States in Florida (and pretty much all Public)

You always have the X 1.5 for enrollment formula you could do for Privates as well.

IMG is not eligible for post season play in Florida so no need to discuss them until they become FHSAA eligible. For what it's worth, they might have not been a lock to win States in 5A - 8A this year any way....I guess you could let IMG play regular season private schedule then put them in 8A South Region which outside of Columbus has some pretty strong Public Heavyweights.

Miami Columbus would/could stay in 8A South Region which many feel is the hardest path to States in Florida (and pretty much all Public)

The 1.5 rule would be fine by me. A private school class would be STA in the south and TCA in the north. Not even competitive really.  

The 1.5 rule would be fine by me. A private school class would be STA in the south and TCA in the north. Not even competitive really.

AHP and Columbus would sometimes compete with STA. This year, they would have competed with a banged up STA better than any 7A team.

If Bishop Moore was placed in the North they could balance out Trinity Christian. Once in a while anyway...