1A- won by a school with more enrollment than most 4A schools 

2A- won by a private school 

3A-won by a private school 

4A- won by a private school 

5A- won by Miami Central 

6A- won by a private school 

7A- won by a private school 

8A- won by Venice

….Private schools won 5 of the 8 championships. THESE ARE NOT MY NUMBERS, just shared from their twitter. 

2 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

From HS Football Live (Twitter)

5A- won by Miami Central 

8A- won by Venice

….Private schools won 5 of the 8 championships. THESE ARE NOT MY NUMBERS, just shared from their twitter. 

Other than the smallest and largest classifications all won by privates (Central Rockets operate like a private).  They should have their own league, but maybe I am preaching to the choir.

38 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

5A- won by Miami Central 

8A- won by Venice

Shut up madison don't have more than 4A enrollment.  

4 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

5A- won by Miami Central 

8A- won by Venice

Inevitable!  However, I FULLY expected the public schools to load up and balance everything out.  If your school is public/private and is a have not, you're screwed, LOL!

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

Shut up madison don't have more than 4A enrollment.  

Wheres the evidence showing that they don't have an enrollment that's MORE THAN MOST 4A schools. Reading is fundamental. No where in the context did they say Madison has a larger enrollment than 4A that would put them at 5A enrollment. 

18 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Wheres the evidence showing that they don't have an enrollment that's MORE THAN MOST 4A schools. Reading is fundamental. No where in the context did they say Madison has a larger enrollment than 4A that would put them at 5A enrollment. 

Feel free to disagree, but I think the FHSAA needs to get their act together and cut back from 8 classes to no more than 6 or 5. There is no reason that schools whom struggle to field football teams year-in and year-out with marginally smaller enrollment pools should have to compete with larger schools who have upwards of 3X their enrollment. (I.e, 1A schools like Chiefland, Baker, or Union County having to compete with Madison County.) Or, similarly, even what happened to Hallandale in 5A this year. Looking at all of their transfers, they just can’t compete with the Centrals or even their local rivals due to minuscule enrollment numbers interfering with their talent pool.

I’m not saying that cutting classifications will have massive implications in enrollment numbers, but having more opponents in each classification in an expanded playoff format would increase the likelihood that big private schools or even larger metro publics would have more competition and more even matchups. This would eliminate games like Madison County vs Baker (a complete mismatch,) and replace them with something like Madison County vs Cocoa, or a team like Viera or Rockledge. In my opinion, a much more fair and even matchup for both schools that may even prove to be a competitive ballgame with more fan involvement. Would make HSFB more fun overall and make matchups more worthwhile to see. Just my 2 cents.

I see READING is NOT fundamental…COMPREHENSION is….this is from HS Football Live’s twitter…NOT MY FEELINGS/VIEWS! I just shared the information from the tweet. 

Hawthorne has a 1A enrollment, but when you get 10+ transfers (compare the last 2 years rosters) it is what it is. Madison also has 1A enrollment, but they also can pull from their charter school (who’s #s don’t count for them). 

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Feel free to disagree, but I think the FHSAA needs to get their act together and cut back from 8 classes to no more than 6 or 5. There is no reason that schools whom struggle to field football teams year-in and year-out with marginally smaller enrollment pools should have to compete with larger schools who have upwards of 3X their enrollment. (I.e, 1A schools like Chiefland, Baker, or Union County having to compete with Madison County.) Or, similarly, even what happened to Hallandale in 5A this year. Looking at all of their transfers, they just can’t compete with the Centrals or even their local rivals due to minuscule enrollment numbers interfering with their talent pool.

I’m not saying that cutting classifications will have massive implications in enrollment numbers, but having more opponents in each classification in an expanded playoff format would increase the likelihood that big private schools or even larger metro publics would have more competition and more even matchups. This would eliminate games like Madison County vs Baker (a complete mismatch,) and replace them with something like Madison County vs Cocoa, or a team like Viera or Rockledge. In my opinion, a much more fair and even matchup for both schools that may even prove to be a competitive ballgame with more fan involvement. Would make HSFB more fun overall and make matchups more worthwhile to see. Just my 2 cents.

So if Florida high can beat trinity christian,  who beat American heritage.  Why can't madison beat Venice. 

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So if Florida high can beat trinity christian,  who beat American heritage.  Why can't madison beat Venice. 

They could beat Venice but it wouldn’t be easy.  They would have to play their best possible game all year and hope Venice made some crucial errors. Just a really tough ask, especially with how well Venice played this year.

6 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They could beat Venice but it wouldn’t be easy.  They would have to play their best possible game all year and hope Venice made some crucial errors. Just a really tough ask, especially with how well Venice played this year.

Thank you. Everyone else was trying to say madison would get crushed.  But talent wise madison isn't that far away. Madison has some great players on defense 

Let me preface this by saying, I’m not attacking you (sometimes you’re a little over the top defensive). Jesse, most folks recognize Madison is an extremely talented program. They just are pointing out they don’t believe Madison should be with 1A. 

33 minutes ago, WhoopWhoop!! said:

Let me preface this by saying, I’m not attacking you (sometimes you’re a little over the top defensive). Jesse, most folks recognize Madison is an extremely talented program. They just are pointing out they don’t believe Madison should be with 1A. 

Yeah I understand,  how many people on this forum bc I be seeing new people everyday 

1 minute ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Careful. Venice might end up in the same class as STA, LOL!  Seriously, I agree with what you, @nolebull813 and a few others have been saying.  This situation didn't happen overnight and although the solution provided by many (yourself included) may be easy on screen, I won't talk about how difficult it will be to convince the FHSAA to consider, let alone reverse their stance.  Remember, we are 17 years into an 8-class system and although the names and cutoff number have evolved, the underlying issue is still the same.  It seems that the easy choice to combat the rising number of schools is to instinctively add more classes which makes sense to a degree.

If I had my way, I would recommend that Florida not only reduce the number of classes but create dynamic classes not based on population but productivity.  In other words, Teams move up if they are in the top 20%-25% which would naturally include all state champions and runner-ups.  The bottom 20%-25% would move down.  I'll breakdown the numbers based on 2021 season shortly.

31 minutes ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Careful. Venice might end up in the same class as STA, LOL!  Seriously, I agree with what you, @nolebull813 and a few others have been saying.  This situation didn't happen overnight and although the solution provided by many (yourself included) may be easy on screen, I won't talk about how difficult it will be to convince the FHSAA to consider, let alone reverse their stance.  Remember, we are 17 years into an 8-class system and although the names and cutoff number have evolved, the underlying issue is still the same.  It seems that the easy choice to combat the rising number of schools is to instinctively add more classes which makes sense to a degree.

If I had my way, I would recommend that Florida not only reduce the number of classes but create dynamic classes not based on population but productivity.  In other words, Teams move up if they are in the top 20%-25% which would naturally include all state champions and runner-ups.  The bottom 20%-25% would move down.  I'll breakdown the numbers based on 2021 season shortly.

It would be BRUTAL,  but what about an open division? Leave the rest alone. Or, 2 open divisions, one public one private?  If you provide opportunity for "other" programs to succeed, maybe the whole ship rises with the tide? The result of a 2 to 4 year test certainly won't make things worse.

29 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Coach Peacock sent out a tweet about 2 weeks ago saying Venice had about 6 open weeks on next year's schedule. Just sayin'....

Is he willing to travel or wants another 8 games at home and only 2 away like this year for the regular season?  Just askin'....

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Coach Peacock sent out a tweet about 2 weeks ago saying Venice had about 6 open weeks on next year's schedule. Just sayin'....

No. We have bigger fish to fry than Madison County. IMG, Cocoa, STA, Manatee, American Heritage, and a possible rematch with Cardinal Gibbons would all be 6 better choices for opponents than that little 1A school.