How About Those Bucs?

Proseteye

Kind of off topic somewhat.

Buc's defense stops the Jet's offense on 4th and 1 from the Buc's 5 yard line with only a minute or so left in the game with the Jet's leading 24-20. 

Buc's offense needs to go 95 yards and score a TD. FG won't do any good.

Brady takes the offense down the field and they score with 10 seconds remaining to defeat the Jets 28-24. 

What a team. What a QB. 

28 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Buc's defense stops the Jet's offense on 4th and 1 from the Buc's 5 yard line with only a minute or so left in the game with the Jet's leading 24-20. 

Brady takes the offense down the field and they score with 10 seconds remaining to defeat the Jets 28-24. 

What a team. What a QB. 

As I told my friends yesterday, I think that Brady kid may turn out to be a pretty darn good QB.  B)

Personally, I thought the call by the Jets to go for it on 4th down was gutsy, but not the right decision (and, yes, I said that at the time, not after the fact).   The TV guys were praising the call, saying that would send a signal to the team that the coach believes in them.  Yeah, I guess so, if it would have worked.   But it didn't.  That said, I thought the actual play call was terrible.  Not too many QB's are going to be able to pick up two yards on a QB sneak against what was essentially a goal-line defense.  A half a yard, probably;  a full yard, maybe.  Two yards?  Probably not.  Similarly, I questioned why the Bucs went for 2 after they scored the TD with 10-15 seconds left.  Sure, a successful conversion put them up by 4 (so that an unlikely FG couldn't tie the game), but had the try failed, that same unlikely FG could have won the game for the Jets. 

Throw in the whole AB situation/drama and it was definitely an entertaining game. 

I agree with your assumption. Actually I was surprised that the Jets did not kick a field goal instead of running the ball on 4th down. And to think that the Bucs top WR Godwin was out. Another top receiver Brown walked out of the stadium at the half, and one of the best RBs in the league Fournette was out. And then Brady threw the winning score to WR Grayson who had been activated off the practice squad that week. If Brady is not considered the best QB in NFL history then he's among the top 3. 

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

What a team. What a QB. 

The Jet’s decision to sneak the ball on 4th and 2 when they were up by 4 was definitely not the right decision. If the Bucs had gone down and scored, the game would have gone to overtime if the jets had simply kicked the field goal. They had the upset in their hands; this coaching blunder is only a microcosm of why their record is 4-12 and not much better. Robert Saleh is a good coach, though, and certainly an improvement over Adam Case. New York will see better days. 

I’m worried about the playoffs, though. Godwin is done for the year and Antonio Brown might never see the gridiron again after yesterday’s publicity stunt. Mike Evans can’t do it alone. They do have Scotty Miller and Breshad Perriman, but they’re not going to win jump balls and Gronk is constantly going to see double coverage which might make the Bucs’ offense slow down. I am excited to see Grayson in action. Guy had some beautiful catches this year and might be the difference with Brown and Godwin gone. I just hope the Bucs don’t have to face New Orleans again. Their defense is ridiculous. I’d much rather see the Eagles in the Wild Card, Arizona in the Divisional, and then Green Bay in the NFC championship. And of course, a Brady vs Belichick Super Bowl. But they have to get healthy again. One game at a time. I can’t wait to see what this New Year brings!

If Fournette gets healthy he's an additional target for Brady. Beside being one hell of a RB he catches passes like a WR. In the last game against the Panthers I would give Evens and Fournette the entire game to rest up. I don't think they are needed against the Panthers especially at home. Regardless of how absurd the Brown episode was I think that the Bucs should reconsider his firing. The Bucs will have a tough road through the playoffs without Brown. And, after all, winning the Superbowl again is their main objective. There are a lot of players in the NFL that do stupid and illegal things and they are kept by their teams even though they are not even that good. 

3 hours ago, Proseteye said:

If Fournette gets healthy he's an additional target for Brady. Beside being one hell of a RB he catches passes like a WR. In the last game against the Panthers I would give Evens and Fournette the entire game to rest up. I don't think they are needed against the Panthers especially at home. Regardless of how absurd the Brown episode was I think that the Bucs should reconsider his firing. The Bucs will have a tough road through the playoffs without Brown. And, after all, winning the Superbowl again is their main objective. There are a lot of players in the NFL that do stupid and illegal things and they are kept by their teams even though they are not even that good. 

I know Brady somewhat, kind of stuck up for AB after the game (basically saying that everyone needed to treat the situation with compassion and empathy).  That said, I wonder how many of the Bucs players would welcome AB back (again) with open arms?   I've read that AB was worried about his ankle, that Ariens was trying to get AB back onto the field, etc.   But at the end of the day, it looked to this old-school guy that AB quit on his team.   That would not be acceptable to me as a teammate, a coach, a GM or an owner.  Mistakes (on or off the field) are one thing; quitting on your team in the middle of a game is another. 

I knew before the game that Brown was injured and I was really surprised that he was cleared to play Sunday. He did make an effort to play the first half and I believe him when he didn't want to continue playing with an injured ankle. Obviously it was bothering him as he only made 3 short yardage catches. Looked like on those catches that he lacked his regular speed and couldn't break away. If the coaching staff was trying to force him to play injured then I don't blame Brown for getting upset. If his teammates realize this then I don't think that any of them would blame Brown. They might blame him for his antics but not for being reluctant to continue playing with an injury that was hampering his performance. I still hope that Arians reconsiders his split decision to release Brown. Brady, I think, will mitigate the situation.