• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Pahokee Schedule

I have them winning 4 games. Brutal schedule.
  3. Can You Name These Schools?

Still quite a few to go. Check out those Easter egg colors to see if we are missing any.
  4. Can You Name These Schools?

Clay Blue Devils Edison Red Raiders Fort Myers Green Wave Hilliard Red Flashes North Fort Myers Red Knights Peterson Academy Tech Silver Eagles Winter Haven Blue Devils Admiral Farragut Blue Jackets Bartow Yellow Jackets P.K. Yonge Blue Wave Sebring Blue Streaks Stanton Blue Devils Holmes County Blue Devils Father Lopez Green Wave West Park Prep Crimson Trunk Elephants Avon Park Red Devils Williston Red Devils St Petersburg Green Devils Kathleen Red Devils Leesburg Yellow Jackets Blake Yellow Jackets St. Augustine Yellow Jackets Lake Howell Silver Hawks Vernon Yellow Jackets
  5. State Title Game Trivia

Below is a list of Florida's 23 most populous counties. At least one FHSAA state title game has been held in every county except 3. In which 3 counties below has an FHSAA state title game never been held? Miami-Dade Broward Palm Beach Hillsborough Orange Pinellas Duval Lee Polk Brevard Volusia Pasco Seminole Sarasota Manatee Collier Marion Lake Osceola Escambia St Lucie Leon Alachua
  6. Can You Name These Schools?

Avon Park Red Devils.
  7. Can You Name These Schools?

PAHOKEE blue devils glade central raiders
  8. Can You Name These Schools?

PK Yonge Blue Wave Williston Red Devils
  9. Can You Name These Schools?

Father Lopez Green Wave Apopka Blue Darters St Augustine Yellow Jackets Lake Howell Silverhawks Gainesville Purple Hurricanes ? Red Raiders, ? Red Devils, ? Crimson Tide, ? Blue Balls
  10. Yesterday
  11. Florida's Ultimate One-Hit Wonders

Only 4 FL HS teams have won a single FHSAA state football title and failed to win at least 10 playoff games in their school histories. Blake(3 p/o wins)-After traveling to Columbia and winning in the semis, Blake went on to defeat Leesburg to win the Class A title in 1969. Has appeared only once in the playoffs in the past 50 years, losing 31-0 to Crystal River in the first round in 2000. Westminster Academy/Fort Lauderdale(6 p/o wins)-Led by hs qb phenom Danny Kannell(who went on to qb at FSU), won 6 playoff games between 1989-1991. Won the 1990 Class A title in 1990, defeating University Christian 6-3 in one of the lowest-scoring title games in FHSAA history. In 1991, UC returned the favor, defeating WA in the title game. WA has not won a playoff game since, and has only appeared 3 times (97, 99 and 01). Cardinal Mooney(9 p/o wins)-Won the Class A title in 1972, winning 18-13 at Wewahitchka. Since then, CM is 7-15 in playoff games and has never advanced past the third round. After winning their title, it took them 27 years to win another playoff game. Hollywood Hills(9 p/o wins)-South FL coaching legend Dick Saltrick led the Spartans to the 1973 Class 4A title with a win over Raines. HH traveled to Orlando and beat Edgewater in the semis. Since then, HH is 5-13 in playoff games and has never advanced past the second round. The Spartans have only won 2 playoff games in the past 25 years. ...some others worth mentioning: Northview-1 title(2012) and 10 playoff wins Miami Edison-1 title (1970) and 11 playoff wins Chiefland-1 title (1997) and 11 playoff wins
  12. Can You Name These Schools?

...a little off-season fun here. A number of FL hs teams have a color in their school or mascot name. For example, in college we have the Duke Blue Devils and the Bowling Green Falcons. Can you think of any such high schools in FL? There are quite a few. Admiral Farragut Blue Jackets Apopka Blue Darters Avon Park Red Devils Bartow Yellow Jackets Blake Yellow Jackets Clay Blue Devils Edison Red Raiders Father Lopez Green Wave Fort Myers Green Wave Gainesville Purple Hurricanes Hilliard Red Flashes Holmes County Blue Devils Kathleen Red Devils Lake Howell Silver Hawks Leesburg Yellow Jackets North Fort Myers Red Knights PK Yonge Blue Wave Pahokee Blue Devils Peterson Academy Tech Silver Eagles St Augustine Yellow Jackets St Petersburg Green Devils Sebring Blue Streaks Stanton Blue Devils Vernon Yellow Jackets West Park Prep Crimson Trunk Elephants Williston Red Devils Winter Haven Blue Devils
  13. FL HS football in NFL quiz

Not sure if Cocoa is right now, but they will after this next draft that's for sure.
  14. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

Vero@TC 10/11
  15. Last week
  16. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

I know
  17. Vero Beach unofficial schedule

At least FT Pierce Central and Treasure Coast, both are district games and were played in Vero last season. If Sebastian is the KOC, it will be played in Sebastian as that game was played in Vero last season also.
  18. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

It'll happen.
  19. Vero Beach unofficial schedule

No away games this year?
  20. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

In two years yea
  21. Vero Beach unofficial schedule

I would guess the KOC game is going to be Sebastian since the 11/1 game is Viera (which is the final regular season game,) for years they played this game as a KOC-AKA “Dollars for Scholars game,” and they must keep the county rivalry alive. Beside the obvious district games, that leaves only one game open, which I am guessing will be Ft Lauderdale or Wellington again, but that’s purely a guess...
  22. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

Cocoa could replace Merritt Island or AHD
  23. Vero Beach unofficial schedule

If u include Dwyer in the jamboree then that makes Vero schedule more impressive and I'm curious to know who the KOC game is too, I think from Spring jamboree to week 10 is pretty strong opposition and I'm going to praise Vero again for this because this time we don't even have to leave the state or area to challenge ourselves, I hope this will help us play football after Thanksgiving because playing Chaminade and Viera late in the season is tough because both them teams be picking at the end of the season and both are loaded this year too.....
  24. Vero Beach unofficial schedule

8/237:00p American Heritage 9/67:30p Venice 9/137:00p Lake Minneola 9/207:00p Merritt Island 9/277:00p Centennial 10/187:00p Chaminade-Madonna 11/17:30p Viera
  25. Pahokee Schedule

Good to hear. Not rooting against Pahokee at all. That schedule is brutal for most teams especially a smaller school that doesn't have the numbers to sub tons of guys in and out. If any smaller school could do it it is Pahokee or Madison. Booker T tried that schedule two years in a row and ended up with 6 losses each year. Gonna be tough but got to give it to them for stepping up to the challenge. Just hope they can hold up. Pahokee might win more playoff games than regular season games. Wouldn't that be something.
  26. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

Right I thought it was gonna happen
  27. Vero Beach vs Merritt Island 9/20

Should've had Cocoa on the schedule
  28. The Dropoff of HS Football in Polk County

I think Winter Haven was hurt by getting moved up to 7a. I felt they would have won or at least made it to the finals had they remained in 6a. At least they got moved over to a new district for 2019, one I think they will consistently win.
  1. Load more activity