All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Updated Cocoa Tigers schedule https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=989544793006167&set=a.395433872417265
  3. Yesterday
  4. Guess who was an assistant coach on that staff at Winter Park. Heres a few hints...He runs the 7 on 7 team 24K. He left Winter Park last year and took the Head job at Leesburg. He then left Leesburg after 1 season and became the associate Head Coach at TFA. Im sure its just a coincidence though.
  5. So, while it might be wrong, I would not blame the kid for taking the deal. However, I would hold "the rich local private school" responsible for blatantly breaking the rules.
  6. Hey @Floridaatlantic1 . This idea has been floated a couple of times on here and I thought it was interesting. How about: Instead of Metro/Suburban, public/private, transfer-based classes, or even promotion/demotion, the FHSAA broke the state into only 3 parts. North, Central, and South. Put all of the South Florida juggernauts into their own classification and let them play for 1 championship. Combine the North Florida rural schools and let them play for one championship while Central Florida combines to one class and plays for the final state championship. Playoff seeding will be determined by districts comprised of no fewer than 4 teams as well as SOS. At the end of the season, the winner of the "North" classification, would play the winner of the "Central" classification. Afterward, the winner of that game would play the winner of the "South" classification. And for once, we would have one "true" undisputed state champion.
  7. Glad to see they cancelled that Gonzaga game. It would have been an embarrassment
  8. The FHSAA has like staff to due investigations and even if its obvious, they slap them on wrist.
  9. The issue is when the third issue become economic reasons as the new school provides benefits like free rent and other cash. Winter Park did this and stole like 15 players around the area in one year and got busted and NOTHING happened to anyone. Kids missed a few meaningless regular season games and all played on playoffs.
  10. Leesburg https://x.com/leesburghsfb/status/1775894427116175757
  11. Agree with what you think mostly, except I'd use a 4 year average and only move the top team in each region up and bottom team in each region down based on that average. I think 4 years gives a better overall picture of a program.
  12. What this means is we will soon see one of two scenarios play out in the coming years: 1) A subset of students will eventually not be able to attend a "good" school because there is simply no space for them due to there being a scarcity of "good" schools 2) Assuming compulsory attendance remains a thing, we will see longtime elite private high schools nosedive in performance. The schools can not perform magic: unmotivated, unprepared often defiant students will NOT be good students no matter what the school does/doesn't do. And oftentimes these sorts of students do have parents who will do the absolute bare minimum needed to get the kid into a private school through the new rules. Anyone who genuinely believes that the schools with higher test scores automatically do a better job of teaching the kids than schools with lower scores is an imbecile.
  13. Last week
  14. Here’s a scenario that will cook your noodle. There’s an 11th grader at a D rated public school. Lives in a bad neighborhood with a single mom and a bunch of siblings. Dirt poor, and struggle just to eat and keep the lights on. He can’t get a part time job to help out because he has to watch his little siblings while his mom works. The school he plays for has poor attendance at the football games, and is always bad. He is a super star for them and tons of new bandwagon fans start to attend the games because they are good and he is the reason. School is making tons of new money. Season is over. Back to reality for him. School year is over. Summer hits. Some “runner” on behalf of the rich local private school “offers” his mom, him, and all his siblings a way out of poverty. New place to live, food on the table, and an opportunity to get a quality education and maximize exposure for all the top colleges to see. A once in a lifetime opportunity to get his family out of poverty. What say you? Does he say no and continue to barely survive, or does he take the deal?
  15. To make it short and sweet. I am against breaking the rules. If there is a rule that seems outdated or unfair then it should be amended/changed/repealed with majority rule
  16. I am a huge proponent of innocent until proven guilty, and due process with credible evidence. I support a credible investigation, and not some witch hunt by disgruntled folks both near and far from the program. Let’s hope they can get to the bottom of this quickly
  17. Thanks for admitting that you do not know why they transferred or the several others that mysteriously transferred to that school (not a known powerhouse). Thanks for also agreeing you specifically have to ask all the kids that left for seemingly inexplicable reasons why. That happened as a matter of fact which raises suspicion thus the launch of an investigation by the FHSAA who hopefully will ask YOUR question as well as many more to get to the bottom of it. Any fair-minded person should readily support this investigation. If you don't support and admitted you don't know the facts, you are basically guilty of what some are accusing you of. I would hope you would like to know the TRUTH as opposed to simply attacking the messengers.
  18. Nolebull, so here's the scenario: A coach or a booster from a high school in Florida approaches a kid who plays football at a different school and offers that kid and/or that kid's parents a boatload of benefits (money, an apartment, or anything else that would, under existing rules, qualify as an "impermissible benefit"). Let's break this down: it's OK for the kid and his family to accept the impermissible benefits as long as they believe that they're making the 'best decision' for their family. And it's OK for the coach or booster to provide such impermissible benefits because that somehow improves the kid's chances of succeeding as an athlete and/or student. Wait, it's not just "OK" for the coach or booster to do that, they should be encouraged to do that because that's the only way they'll be able to keep up with all the other coaches and boosters that are breaking the rules by providing impermissible benefits to other kids. Have I got that right? Do you want to do away with all the rules involving recruiting, benefits, transferring, etc. or just keep the rules in place, but not enforce them? #Lordoftheflies
  19. I dont want any of that. I want the kids and their families to make the best decision for them both academically and athletically. Each case is completely different than the next.
  20. You would have to ask those two kids specifically why they left. And sometimes it necessarily isn’t because things are wrong at their first school. It could be a parental choice where the kid doesn’t get a say. We have no idea unless you have specifically heard the kid and/or his parents say the exact reason why they transfered
  21. Nole wants high schools to put together NIL packages and let the highest bidder win and the sad part is the FHSAA wont do anything even if they caught the team red handed recruiting with illegal benefits. Ridiculous
  22. Flawed reasons you sight for leaving when you look at the two players we lost. They both played at OHS their freshmen and sophomore seasons with significant varsity playing time as sophomores and were projected starters for next season. Our school is not "FAILING THEM" academically, athletically or any other measure as we sent about a dozen seniors from the 2023 class to further their education thru football. This list included 5 going to D1 schools like Florida, FSU, UCF, Oklahoma and Rutgers. I ask you specifically like you ask others to tell me exactly why they left since I just debunked your stated reasons. The answer is you have no idea but turning a blind eye to the "Possibility" of rule breaking is wrong. By the way, losing those 2 will not ruin our upcoming season as we have others capable of stepping up in their place and so my concern isn't that.
  23. about 1 per cent of players get a full d-1 scholarship.
  24. So cheating is ok as long as you reach your goal. End justifies the means. Quite Machiavellian of you. It this belief that is destroying our country today. As long as you get yours, screw everyone else mentality.
  1. Load more activity