Welcome to Wednesday, January 30th’s edition of the Recruiting Notebook. Like we saw in the last edition, there was a bunch of news to report so let’s get to it!
THE VERBAL COMMITMENTS:
- Boyd Anderson’s Eddie Jackson (2013 Wide Receiver) and Greg Hankerson (2013 Quarterback) both committed today according to the team’s twitter account. Jackson chose Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide while Hankerson will take his talents to Florida Atlantic.
- Tampa Jefferson’s Keivontae Turk (2013 Safety) committed to Division II Stillman College (AL) today according to Big County Preps.
- According to Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post, Seminole Ridge’s Richardson Marseille (2013 lineman) has committed to Division III Becker (MA).
- SFHSSports.com is reporting that Miami Norland defensive end Paul James (2013) has committed to Illinois, while Dade Christian TE Aaron Batten (2013) has committed to Syracuse.
- 2013 Cypress Bay Running Back Matthew Dayes has committed to North Carolina State per his twitter account.
- Royal Palm Beach’s Tyler Bugeja (2013 Kicker) has committed to Campbell.
- The Naples Daily News has reported that South Fort Myers Offensive Lineman Joe Fennell (2013) has committed back to Western Kentucky. As the paper reported, Fennell flipped from WKU to South Florida when head coach Willie Taggart made the switch to the Bulls, but Fennell has decided to stick with his original plan of WKU.
- ESPN 760 reporter Wells Dusenbury reports that Running Back Chad Veccharella and Defensive Back Colon Wright, both of Delray American Heritage, have committed to St. Joseph’s (IN).
- The Naples Daily News received confirmation today that Naples High School Running Back Manny Morgan (2013) has committed to Akron.
VISITS BY COLLEGES & COMMITS:
- Kentucky dropped by Strawberry Crest today according to head coach John Kelly.
- Arkansas dropped by Dwyer today to talk to a handful of 2014 prospects Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post reports.
- Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post reports that Atlantic (Delray) played host to Illinois, North Carolina State, and MTSU.
- Per Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post, 2014 Wide Receiver Tre’Quan Smith and Defensive Lineman Kerrin Browson, both of Village Academy, have been recently visited by Central Florida, Virginia Tech, Marshall, Massachusetts, Arkansas, West Virginia, Miami (FL), and South Florida.
- Pope John Paul II Wide Receiver Brock Turner is taking an official visit to Sacred Heart today, per the team’s twitter account.
- Virginia Tech dropped by Palm Beach Central to chat with Running Back Tommy McDonald and Offensive Lineman K.C. McDermott today according to Jeff Greer of the Palm Beach Post.
- Dwyer Defensive End Malik Brown, a Syracuse commit, was visited by North Carolina State today. Brown is scheduled to receive visits from Syracuse and Tennessee tomorrow according to Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post.
- Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post reports that Jupiter High School was also getting some love from colleges. Western Kentucky swung by to meet with Linebacker Griffin Garland, Central Florida dropped in on P/K Justin Chorniewy, and Illinois State spoke with Wide Receiver/Defensive Back Jerome Davis. All of the 2014 recruiting class.
- East Lake athletes set to visit Clemson according to Big County Preps. Mason Cole (2014), Artavis Scott (2014), and George Campbell (2015) are all scheduled to see the Tigers this weekend.
NEW OFFERS EXTENDED TO PLAYERS:
- According to the team’s twitter account, 2013 Anclote Offensive Lineman Terry Linton has been offered a preferred walk on spot with Georgia Southern.
- Big County Preps reports that Tampa Gaither Defensive Tackle Ernest Shuttles (2013) has been offered by Tennessee but is staying firm to his commitment to Nebraska.
- Per their team twitter account, Pope John Paul II, Michael Cioci (Kicker) has been offered by Fordham.
- Matt Baker of Tampa Bay Home Team reports that Pasco Defensive End Morgan Flournory has been offered by Black Hills State (SD).
- Delray American Heritage Tight End Isaac Leon has received preferred walk on spots from Miami (FL) and Vanderbilt according to Wells Duesnbury of ESPN 760.
- James Smith of NOLA.com reports that LSU has offered Hallandale Defensive Back John Battle, a 2014 recruit.
- Chris Smith of XOFan.com reports that 2014 St. Thomas Aquinas Running Back Madre London has picked up an offer from Rutgers.
- 2014 Cardinal Gibbons Wide Receiver George Rushing picked up an offer today from Marshall when they visited the school according to Chris Smith of XOFan.com.