Give credit to Laurel Pfahler of the TC Palm Newspapers for putting in the effort to pushing out the ENTIRE list of 82 applicants for the open Fort Pierce Westwood head coaching position. The application process was cutoff Wednesday.
Pfhaler indicated that Fort Pierce Westwood athletic director Jill Willette plans to narrow down the pool of applicants to 10 where they will be interviewed for the open position.
Here are some of the names that stuck out to us on this list:
- Lee Brown, former Avon Park head coach who stepped down from that position a few weeks ago.
- James “Buster” Davis, who was last at Duval Charter in Jacksonville, before being dismissed during the season.
- Robert Goebel, was the head coach at Spruce Creek from 2009 until resigning after this past season.
- Floyd Graham, former Jensen Beach head coach who is currently in Alabama as a defensive coordinator at Buckhorn High School
- Ken Knapczky, who is the current head coach at Gateway Charter in Fort Myers.
- John Lima, former head coach at Brandon, who is now the defensive coordinator at Leto High in Tampa.
The new coach hired will replace Gene Clemons who was dismissed a few weeks ago. Clemons was with the school for two seasons.