Announcements

• How do they fill the open playoff spot when a team gets moved up to the open division, assuming they take the top two in a district for the playoffs, does the team with the third best record in the district slotted in by default?  If the top two are not automatic qualifier system is not used, then is it based on rankings? Take a look at the new district 4A-15, it is completely possible that both Miami Norland and American Heritage Plantation both make the top eight, do the other two teams make it by default even though one of teams may have not won a single district game.  This could push them toward a ranking system for selection.They have a few years to work through the details but will be something to watch.
    • As has been pointed out here previously, the more elite teams often have no choice but to schedule other elite teams to fill out their schedule.  With only 3-4 district games guaranteed, teams must find 6-7 non-district games.  Unless more mediocre teams are willing to step up to take on Central, STA, Chaminade, etc., the more elite teams may have no choice but to schedule one another to fill out a 10-game schedule, regardless of the possibility of meeting again in the postseason.  
    • I know the focus on building a top tier team seems to rely heavily on the transfer/recruiting piece during the spring and summer.  However, the work effort put in during the 2 summer months before fall are a very important component for success in the upcoming season.  It will be here before you know it and the participation level, especially by your seniors, leaders, star players, etc... are key in setting the right example.  At Osceola, our voluntary summer workouts began yesterday so I made it a point to check them out today and as usual the team is out in force which I think contributes to our success rather than depending on mass (a dozen or more) transfers to bolster the program.  Again, we probably have as many good players transfer out as opposed to transferring in but based on what we do have we should be a playoff team once again; this was evident in our Spring Jamboree last month.  Hard work along with a great attitude is a winning formula and we certainly have a history of that.  GO KOWBOYS!!
    • A 16 or even 20 team(top 4 seeds get bye) single elimination bracket would be great! Any of those is better than what is about to come...
    • Hopefully they won't play these open division games in Tally. Let's face it in most years seven or all eight teams are going to come from near or south of the I-4 corridor and most will be from south Florida. If one of the goals is to generate revenue via admissions and tv rights to fill FHSAA's coffers then keep the games close to where the teams are coming from. My first choices would be Drive Pink in FLL, FAU in Boca, UCF in Orlando or the new USF stadium when it is ready. Play it the week after the other final games and let the media focus on just that game.