Announcements

• Venice gets a 5 star receiver transfer in Winston Watkins Jr
    • This article just appeared in today's Sentinel sports page featuring two kids that moved into Kissimmee during the spring of their freshmen year and began attending OHS.  It is also important to hold on to the best talent you have as speaking to several dads, many local high schools have tried unsuccessfully to get them both to transfer.   These two seniors along with a few others are what I value as leadership by example.  Melendez is being pushed hard by Michigan, OU, Ole Miss, Auburn and others to flip him away from Miami.   He did only play one half of a regular season game last year but racked up 7 tackles against Treasure Coast in that half and had about a dozen in the KOC against Apopka the week before.  Robert Lee chose FAU over Kentucky, UCF and several others as they were after him early in his sophomore year.   The injury bug to several top players didn't help last year but they are back for their senior years and hope they remain healthy.   Below is the link for the article featuring these two. Osceola LBs Elijah Melendez, Robert Lee also best friends (orlandosentinel.com)    
    • He was USF’s first All-American I believe. I got a picture with him. It was in 2007 after the West Virginia game when we all rushed the field. That year started out magical. We best ranked Auburn at Auburn, so then we became ranked I believe 18th, and had #5 West Virginia at home when they had the lethal offense led by Pat White, Steve Slaton, and freshman Noel Devine.    Selvie was a consensus All American that year too. As a Sophomore!! Maybe I’ll hit up a Sumner game and ask if we can recreate the same photo from 17 years ago 
    • How do they fill the open playoff spot when a team gets moved up to the open division, assuming they take the top two in a district for the playoffs, does the team with the third best record in the district slotted in by default?  If the top two are not automatic qualifier system is not used, then is it based on rankings? Take a look at the new district 4A-15, it is completely possible that both Miami Norland and American Heritage Plantation both make the top eight, do the other two teams make it by default even though one of teams may have not won a single district game.  This could push them toward a ranking system for selection.They have a few years to work through the details but will be something to watch.