Announcements

• If I'm a college coach recruiting a kid and that kid left IMG, I'd dig deep to find out why.   The kid would have to have a really good excuse.  IMG is probably the closest thing to what things will be like for the kid when he arrives on a college campus. 
    • Looks like he bounced around. 8th grade at Evangelical Christian. 9th-11th he was with IMG Academy then transferring halfway through the season to Naples First Baptist.    I don’t think guys that bounce around this much ever pan out. I would be hesitant if I was a top 25 college team recruiting him 
    • Venice gets a 5 star receiver transfer in Winston Watkins Jr
    • This article just appeared in today's Sentinel sports page featuring two kids that moved into Kissimmee during the spring of their freshmen year and began attending OHS.  It is also important to hold on to the best talent you have as speaking to several dads, many local high schools have tried unsuccessfully to get them both to transfer.   These two seniors along with a few others are what I value as leadership by example.  Melendez is being pushed hard by Michigan, OU, Ole Miss, Auburn and others to flip him away from Miami.   He did only play one half of a regular season game last year but racked up 7 tackles against Treasure Coast in that half and had about a dozen in the KOC against Apopka the week before.  Robert Lee chose FAU over Kentucky, UCF and several others as they were after him early in his sophomore year.   The injury bug to several top players didn't help last year but they are back for their senior years and hope they remain healthy.   Below is the link for the article featuring these two. Osceola LBs Elijah Melendez, Robert Lee also best friends (orlandosentinel.com)