Announcements

• Rivals has him rated as a 5 now
    • Actually a 4 star recruit by 247 and 3 star by On3 who have been guilty of overrating players at times especially if they haven't put up the numbers proving their worth on the field of play.  He doesn't appear to have done that. 
    • Two upcoming Juniors to TFA (likely starters) were Blaze Jones 6'2" 225(DE/OLB) and Gerard Gearity 6'5" 280 (OL).  Neither makes any sense to me, but I think Blaze wanted more opportunities at LB where we are pretty stacked and it appears they are providing that.  Another upcoming Junior starter, Alijah "Flash" Jenkins 5'8" 160 slot receiver and kick returner to Jones where they have a top rated QB hence maybe more receiving opportunities although competing for that spot vs Vernell "Trey" Brown III; quite a task so wonder how that shakes out over the summer.  Another upcoming Junior Zion Matthews 5'11" 190 (RB) to Dr. Phillips where he does have a good shot at starting, whereas it was impossible with Taevion on our roster.  Tre Warren 5'10" 170 (DB), another upcoming Junior went back to Pahokee where he most certainly will start and that wasn't as guaranteed on our roster; his Dad is a faculty member at OHS so he returned to live with his Mom.  Javonte Simpson Lee, another Junior 6'5" 190 (WR) to Poinciana who we spent a ton of time working with last year to hopefully get some production out of this year.  Again, we are a run first team so likely thought he may play a bigger role there.  I probably have missed another couple players but as you can see several left for other high profile programs in the area.   The players we have gotten that will have an impact are obviously Connor Howe 6'6" 280 senior (OL) out of St. Cloud.  He will bookend with our other offensive tackle Marcus Ferrer 6'6" 300 (Jr.) who both have multiple D1 offers.  Connor's Dad has been talking about transferring him to OHS for the past couple of years and finally pulled the trigger.  Senior QB Izaiah Prime out of Oak Ridge will compete for the starting job with Cam West (another Junior) who started most of last year.  Junior LB Louis Figueroa 5'11" 190 out of Toho HS will challenge another couple of Juniors that has been with our program for that 3rd starting job.  Lastly, Adrian Gonzalez a kicker out of St. Cloud HS.  Rumor mill always has other prospects that talk, but as they say talk is cheap.   As you can see we are talking about a handful that go either way in our program (TFA has gotten about 20 from surrounding schools and word is they aren't done, simply took their foot off the gas during the FHSAA investigation until summer arrived). They as well as others have made advances to our 2 stud senior LB's and please don't ask me for proof as the Dad's word are good enough for me.  
    • With the complete free-for-all that is high school super team building, IMG no longer holds the huge advantage over other Florida schools. The coaching staff is nothing special, and the whole living like a professional while being 16/17 years old isn't as appealing as some may assume. The facilities are good, but, then again they have no fans and thus no home field advantage or experience. They're going to get many good players to be sure. But, so are several other power programs. That said, allowing them to play in state playoffs while being able to operate in ways no other schools are allowed to is wrong.