Announcements

• We usually don't get a lot out of St. Cloud or Harmony who usually have well run/good programs with the primary factor of stability with their coaches.  More so out of Poinciana, Liberty and Gateway.  Most kids are deciding to move if they think it will benefit them but regardless it is always a crapshoot.  Last year one of our top basketball duos (cousins) transferred to St. Cloud after playing at OHS their freshmen and sophomore years.  One of them, Alex Springs who is one of the most explosive athletes in our area who also plays football as a WR led them in catches, yardage and had almost twice the number of TD's as any other member of that squad so they got great benefit in getting him.  Apparently, there was friction between the HC on the basketball team and the father/uncle of these players thus he transferred them.  Those two players led St. Cloud to the best basketball record they have had in decades as well.   From what I read Alex had a terrific 7x7 at the UCF camp which surprised alot of people as he was a bit of an unknown at receiver.  He did perform well for us as a sophomore in the spring game against Edgewater May of '23 prior to the transfer, so he could have definitely helped us last year.  The Jenkins kid moving to Jones as a WR looks like he has alot to think about not only competing against Vernell "Trey" Brown and others, but now the top WR from West Orange Larry Miles has just transferred to Jones thus I see all this as a crapshoot for many players.   Another player we just lost is Isaiah Brutus who we got from Dr. Phillips a couple of years ago as a WR.  He is a very good athlete, so we felt he could get on the field more as a DB which benefitted him tons as that produced multiple offers from even D1 schools for him.  However, Toho throws the ball much more and he went there to be a 2 way player as it seems to an outsider he prefers offense.  Shall be an interesting summer.
    • not 1 bit of any of that makes much sense to me.  but im an old head, play where you live.  from the sounds of kids going out and coming in, they all have colleges looking at them, why jeopordize that.   chance to start, maybe I get that, coming from a losing program, makes sense you want to win, a kicker?  lol. st cloud is a rival, took their best kids?  I dont follow them to know, why would a kid leave osceola to poinciana?  lol, thats silly to me.   tfa stuff is pretty deep from what I read about, major benefactor gave them 6 million dollars for athletics(football) and some intersting things going on with "school" for those kids.  fhsaa wont do anything about it, im sure.
    • BREAKING NEWS!! New Osceola lineman Connor Howes commits to Arkansas (orlandosentinel.com)
    • From what I was able to find. I see Corner Canyon, Bergen Catholic, Venice and Cocoa