Announcements

• I just got back from some time away and haven't had the chance to digest what the FHSAA did.  However, last time I read through the proposal, my interpretation was that kids could cut NIL deals, but schools (including their boosters) couldn't have anything to do with the NIL arrangement.   In other words, boosters wouldn't be able to use NIL as a means of keeping existing kids or 'attracting' new talent.  Someone jump in if that's not what the FHSAA ultimately ended up adopting.   And, yes, enforcement is going to be a bear.  Clearly, the camel is now halfway into the tent and from my perspective, what's inside the tent doesn't look all that good. 
    • The biggest beneficiaries will be the "PRIVATES" (as if they didn't have enough advantages already) as they have the wealthy donners to pay HC's as well as their many assistants, build facilities, provide meals and now even pay players.  Yes, a few publics in larger/wealthier counties will also benefit but this puts most at an even bigger disadvantage.  Unfortunately, this only feeds the broken system even more as I finally am seeing more coaches at traditionally good public programs call for a separate league for private schools and public schools which I have strongly supported for years.  Several states throughout the country have this system and it looks like more are looking at adopting it. 
    • A lot of the top schools will benefit from this 
    • It's a bit disappointing that one of the biggest changes in history is getting such little (zero, actually) discussion here. It is a good bet that the FHSAA will be inept at enforcing the rules around this. Only select programs will be able to capitalize on it THIS year. But, in future years, we will see well-funded programs develop "collectives" or something like them, bring in a higher profile coach than previously possible, and poach players from all over. It probably won't be driven so much by huge fan support, but by a smaller number of wealthy people who want their hand or name in bringing home hardware to the program. That sort of thing has already happened at St. Frances Academy in Baltimore. SFA had really one major investor (the current head coach of UNC-Charlotte) that saved the school from closing with large investments. SFA regularly recruits players from other states, including Florida. SFA is not a member of any state association, so it is literally 100% unregulated, which won't be the case for Florida schools. But, now, more schools will be able to offer an approximation of what SFA has been doing.