Announcements

• Armwood vs Plant was THE game in Hillsborough County for 15 years. A natural born rivalry based simply on success. Nothing more. 
    • Y'all can fill in the blanks when this happens a few years from now: The FHSAA reportedly is investigating _____________ High School.  Going into the final game of the regular season, __HS was ranked 8th in the state according to MaxPreps, just ahead of [insert the names of two or three other high schools].  In the final game, __HS head coach, ______________, elected to rest the vast majority of his starters, which had two effects:  first, __HS lost its final game of the season and, second, __HS dropped to 9th in the MaxPreps poll.   As a result, the [fill in the name of the __HS mascot] will not be part of the Open Division playoffs and will avoid a first-round match-up with national powerhouse Lake Chamanade-Aquinas, currently ranked second in the country behind IMG.  However, __HS will go into the Class 6 state playoff series as the definitive favorite to win a state championship title.  When asked about his decision to rest players, Coach ___________ replied:  "Gosh, darnit, these kids have been working their tails off all season and, quite frankly, they were getting tired and needed a little rest.  And since more than half of them transferred in this past summer, it took us a while to gel as a team.  Heck, I'm just now learning all their names.  But by the end of the season, we'd gotten pretty darn good.  A little too good.  But not good enough to beat teams like Lake Chamanade-Aquinas or CoColumbus in the Open Division playoffs.  I felt like I owed it to my boys to give them a legitimate shot at being a state champion and that just wasn't going to happen if we stayed in the top 8." The FHSAA issued the following statement:  "We try to make good decisions, but we've never been real good at anticipating the consequences of our actions.  When implementing the Open Division, it never dawned on us that borderline teams might want to avoid getting their butts kicked by perennial powers in the Open Division playoffs and, instead, might just want to try to win a regular state title.  To overcome our embarrassment, we've decided to "investigate" __HS and Coach ______________.   Of course,  nothing will come of our investigation and it won't even happen until sometime next Spring (long after the football playoffs are over), but based on recent legislation, that's all we can really do."  
    • Funny (in the ironic sense):  now that Plant is showing signs of returning to its glory years, it ends up in the same district as Armwood under the new district classifications.   That should make things interesting. 
    • 1   Chaminade-Madonna (Hollywood)     8    Buchholz (Gainesville) 4    Norland (Miami)     5    Mainland (Daytona Beach)     3    Cocoa    6    Lakeland     2    St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale)     7    Columbus (Miami)     last years final top 8. likely to be an awesome tournament cant say I dislike it    
    • Open division will be 5 rounds as well. First 2 rounds are round robin, round 3 is the elimination round, with the winner of the first 2 rounds having a bye round 3, round 4 is semifinal round and round 5 is the State title game