Announcements

• To say that Windermere will never win a state championship (as in forever) is one of the most ignorant posts I have ever seen you make (and believe me, I have seen you make very ignorant posts before). Do you even comprehend what forever means?  Neighborhoods change. Rules change. How can anyone in their right mind even think to say that so and so will never happen? You can attach probabilities to such and such an event not happening over relatively short timespans. To make such sweeping predictions from here to eternity is indicative of one with a mind thoroughly lacking in any type of imagination.  Over the past 25 years, despite the super teams, despite all the forces aligned to make it more difficult for teams from areas with small population densities, I have seen teams that were once cellar dwellers rise to become contenders and I have also seen teams that were contenders most years, fall off the radar entirely. 
    • Will tonight be the first time in several weeks where all the scores are final on a Friday without any storm delays and/or cancellations? 
    • Game went as I expected as it would be competitive but LW wouldn't score more than 14 points and that might have been the case if not for questionable PI late in the game that led to their last TD.  Did get our big OL back as he got good reps throughout the game and pound the rock was the difference.  Thanks for your take and would have enjoyed seeing you again.  Recommending the LW vs Columbia game only made sense if you wanted to be on the winning side.  Local paper (Lakeland Ledger) and the Polk'sters all were wrong.  
    • The issue is just because you have a school, doesn’t mean you should have a football team. Or at least an 11 man team.    They need to create a public school league of 6/7/8 man football. Get these glorified JV teams out of districts wasting space for real football teams to be playing. 
    • Yes you read that right plant is up 72-0 at the half on sickles there needs to be a mercy rule this shouldn't be happening regardless of the competition I have never seen this happen in a game