• There is 1,750 kids in the school. That would be their fault if they can’t field a team of 40-50 players. I know it sucks about the mass exodus. I get it. But even though they won’t be competitive for the time being they should at least have enough varsity players returning, JV kids, and newcomers to field a team.    They should have had an assist at coach resume spring workouts, and maybe got in on a jamboree with lesser teams or held an inter squad scrimmage. But to cancel everything seems a bit erratic 
    • From 2018-2021 when Dillard was one of the top 5 teams in broward we got there because on the beginning we schedule within our actual talent on the field, we showed success that we are atleast a avg program being able to take care of business against avg and below avg teams. And with the right personnel we can become above avg and actually contend.    and with that came a undefeated regular season in 2019 with a regional final birth, a undefeated COVID season in 2020 and a Fri county championship and a 1 loss season in 2021 and a second round exit on the road to homestead.    dillard has to get back to that. But scheduling central, chaminade , sta and etc of back dropping each game by 40 is not gonna help the program.    you can say “aye atleast we scheduled them we didn’t back down” like I’ve said several times on here lol. but there’s no moral victories in football. You either won or you lost.
    • I wouldn’t say okay with it because wether they was on the schedule or not I’m bleeding blue & gray all day ready for smoke with which ever team were lining up across.    but as a former player & coach I also understand that when you’re a second year head coach taking over a program that haven’t seen a deep playoff run since 2019 and over the last 5 years they’ve played chaminade 5 times (0-5), norland once (1-0) Central once (0-1) gibbons once (0-1) & on top of that you have a mass exodus of players after the coach before you left ; you have to build your program back up to a contending program before you try to schedule the big dogs of south Florida.    for EX: last year Dillard at STA, GIBBONS & chaminade on the schedule went (0-3) and each lost was by over 20+ the sta loss was 58-0. But those games had to be played because of the last year of the contract.     
    • Will Lake Minneola even have a team come August 
    • Oh sounds like you're okay with not having St. Thomas on the schedule 
  • Popular Contributors