Quantcast

• Jaime Dukes  Evans High Florida State  undrafted
    • Too bad FAU doesn’t host. That’s the only place that makes real sense. Big enough to hold the biggest possible crowd, but small enough to not make it look pathetic when 1-2K show up  South Florida should always host. They put the most teams in state every year.    FAU would get good publicity for all the studs playing too. It would let a lot of kids come to their stadium for an unofficial visit. 
    • I share the following because many folks today do not realize this and it will likely get little, if any, press.  76 years ago today, some very brave American soldiers landed on the beaches of France.  At least 2500 died and many others were critically injured.  So, if you think you've got problems and have insurmountable barriers in life, read up on what these fellows had facing them on those beaches.  It could be a good story to share with your high school players and students about how to overcome adversity.  
    • Put a bunch of testosterone-fueled, young males together in a boys club type of environment, practice violent activities, and without the proper mentoring and leadership, what do you get?  It doesn't matter whether it is football, law enforcement, or the military.   We get NFL players with disproportionate episodes of domestic violence, LEO's with superior attitudes, and soldiers who cannot turn off the switch when they return from the battlefield.   I hear a lot of complaints about the behaviors, but I don't hear many solutions.    At least in hs football, we have time with the kids to work with them and most are somewhat moldable.                
    • It is possible this wasn’t a typical high school football game.  back in those times there were “town teams”. Teams of random people who organized to make a team and would use the name where they we’re from. The YMCA would organize teams and play high schools and college teams.  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors