Who is the face of Florida HS Football?

STARaiders2014

This is a question that I think can have 3 or 4 different answers but who is the face of FLA HS Football? 

You can make a case for Lakeland, but the Dreadnaughts haven't won a title since 2006. They have had 4 1 loss seasons since 2006 though. 

You can make a case for St Thomas Aquinas 7 state titles including 4 since 2007. NON BIAS: I personally think we are the face of FLA HS Football we have been a consistent team in Florida for over 20 years now with 7 state titles since 1992. 

What about the Bolles School? Corky Rodgers has won 10 state championships at Bolles the most recent coming in 2011. The only draw back is the fact they are not in a big class (being in 4a) however I think you can make a very very strong case that they are the face of FLA HS Football. 

What about the Miami area schools? Such as Northwestern, or Miami Central both have won titles in the past 10yrs. With MNW winning a national title (although about 10 teams win national titles every single yr ahhahah). 

Or is it another team that I haven't named here...would love to hear your feedback and your thoughts?

Guest Gridiron5

There's no undisputed answer, 1) enough parity in the state, 2) if you say one team, there will be another team to step. You say Lakeland, well Lakeland's now not at the top of the mountain, still a well program, but Plant, Osceola, and FCoast has taken them out in those 1 loss seasons. If you say Aquinas (which is a good case, but you'll have Miami-Dade teams as Booker T., Central, Northwestern coming in. Say Bolles, but again you'll have the class discussion even though i look at 4A as a decent sized classification (teams there can beat teams from 6a to 8a) Even the state regions (SoFla, PBeach, Central, North,) are separated by much parity.

• 1 month later...