Announcements

• As reported by Josh on this site, Sumner's head football coach, Alonzo Ashwood, was dismissed.  No reason for the dismissal was given, but it certainly wouldn't have been based on the team's on-the-field performance.   I've got a hunch the coach crossed one of those pesky rule lines, perhaps one too many times, and left the principal with little choice.   Again, just speculation on my part.   It'll be interesting to see what repercussions this has for the Stingrays.   Here's a link to Josh's article: http://floridahsfootball.com/2024/05/20/alonzo-ashwood-dismissed-at-sumner-after-four-seasons-per-report/
    • Vero’s offense struggled the entire game, the lone score came on a scoop and score via a fumble. White showed the characteristics of a presumed first year starter. His ability is there no doubt, he’ll just need to settle into the starting role.    West Boca was much more effective- leaning on their 4* running back Javian Mallory, can see them having another good year. They would have probably won the game had it gone a little longer.   
    • If all the talk from the head coach about Dillard being bigger and better this year and how last year in his first year was a trial and error for him, it better be an easy dub. Lol
    • As For my Dillard panthers , this will be a huge test for us before things crank up for real in the next few months.    right now Dillard will be coming in this game with a lot of questions. Whose gonna be the Starting QB after a lot of controversy in last year playoff lost to ely where the fans and some of the players felt the sophomore back up should have replaced the junior starter after constantly turning the ball over.    the panthers also will be debuting a new OC & a new DC for the 2024 season. Last year while the defense was average to above average. Our offense appeared to be very basic & vanilla with No real offensive schemes to get the playmakers open.    we’ve gotten a few transfers in & promoted a few great players from JV to varsity. & with this being year 2 of Dillards new head coach & being placed in a new district I’m interested to see the adjustments & progressions in this season vs last season.    this has the make to be a very good game if the weather permits for all 4 quarters, but until proven otherwise I’m going to take the knights in this game in a final score of    DILLARD 21 MONARCH 28 what do you guys think of this matchup @nolebull813 @FBGUY1989 @cribboy305
    • it’s interesting how times have changed. About 10 years ago on back monarch used to be one of the doormats when it came to football, along side other teams in that area such as coral glades, Coral Springs, taravela to name a few.    but in the last 2 years the knights football program has made some serious strides. In 2022 they finished (9-3) with a 2nd round playoff overtime loss to palm beach gardens.    in 2023- the knights finished (11-3) making it all the way to the state semis where they lost 51-21 to the mandarian mustangs.   this year the knights feel they have the team to go all the way with a huge O-Line & D-Line, 2 3* star receivers both stand at 6’3 & 6’4 respectively. To add to that they also have a dynamic C/O of 2027 Dual Quarterback in Jack Spader who can make plays at a high percentage with his hands or his feet ; which is why the knights are going to have one of the most prolific offenses in the state this year. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors